All the things you hate about yourself.

irish_bob

i hate that for a while at least , i subscribe to every single negative opinion and appraisal other people make of me , even its someone who is clearly lieing and coming from an altogether dishonest possition , i believe thier criticism and condemnation of me

must be because my dad constantly underminded me while i was growing up and right up until his death

not being able to seperate honest appraisals from dishonest ones is deeply problematic

LadyWench

*Warning, it's long and useless.*

Oh, god. Where do I start? There are so many things I despise about myself, from deep-seated issues, all the way to the most trivial things.

My physical appearance:
First and foremost, I hate my weight. I was a decent size until my hormones went crazy on me and I gained a bunch of weight. I had my blood drawn a couple years ago that said I have a hormonal imbalance, and that pretty much explained everything. It's so difficult for me to lose weight that I don't even try anymore. I just loathe myself because of it. I look disgusting.
My height. I'm barely 5'0" (152.4 cm), which I can't stand.
My hair. I hate the fact that it's so dark I can't dye it without bleaching it, which I refuse to do. It's also thick, which I don't like. Typical female problems, but I do genuinely dislike it.
My brown eyes. While I find brown eyes on other people beautiful, I can't stand my own. I see people with gorgeous light-colored eyes and I instantly become jealous. Mine look like two turds swimming in my eye sockets.
I HATE my nose. I feel like it's gigantic.
I hate the acne that I get. That goes back to my hormonal imbalance, of course.
I hate my legs, stomach, boobs, arse. Pretty much everything.

To leave this section on a positive note, the only thing(s) I actually do like about my appearance, are my teeth and my few piercings. I was very lucky to have good teeth and I do my best to keep it that way. I guess the piercings don't really count, but I do like them. Blah.

The more serious crap:
I hate the fact that I have these issues: panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, hypochondria and social anxiety. I feel like they make me an incredibly weak human being. I don't live life the way I want to and feel as if I should just put a bullet in my brain right now since this is the way my life is going to be.
I hate my fear.
I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that I'm honest and speak my mind. I grew up with a mother that never stood up for herself and always let people walk all over her and take advantage of her. I don't do that. I stand my ground and put people in their place. I'm also highly opinionated and say what's on my mind. Sometimes I love that about myself, but most times I don't like it because people tend to hate me for it or get angry with me. They want me to think just like them, I suppose. I'm not going to hold back, though, just because someone might be offended.
I hate that I can't do simple tasks, thanks to my anxiety and total lack of self-esteem. Getting a job, ordering food, all of these basic human tasks that people do on a daily basis, are pretty much impossible for me because I'm such a wasteful pansy.
Oh, I guess this would be the part where I say that I hate my lack of confidence and that I basically have no self-worth. Isn't that attractive?
God, I could go on and on. I should really stop here since this is already incredibly long. Is anyone even reading this? Probably not. If you are, thank you. I appreciate it. I guess I just wanted to get it out and vent. I probably shouldn't have done this, but I do like the thread and its idea.

MikeyC

Is anyone even reading this? Probably not. If you are, thank you. I appreciate it.
I read the whole thing.

Sorry about all your deep-seated issues, and I hope you overcome all of them. I can't really relate to some of them like hypochondria because I don't experience that, but I can relate to depression a lot. I am confident you can get through all of it in due time.

Nothing wrong with your height, either. Small girls are cute. ;) Dark hair is also favoured by many men out there.

Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, as long as you're aware that there's a time and place for it. I'm sure you know about that, though.

I wish I could fix it all for you but I can only offer you encouragement.

LadyWench

I read the whole thing.

Sorry about all your deep-seated issues, and I hope you overcome all of them. I can't really relate to some of them like hypochondria because I don't experience that, but I can relate to depression a lot. I am confident you can get through all of it in due time.

Nothing wrong with your height, either. Small girls are cute. ;) Dark hair is also favoured by many men out there.

Nothing wrong with speaking your mind, as long as you're aware that there's a time and place for it. I'm sure you know about that, though.

I wish I could fix it all for you but I can only offer you encouragement.

Thank you for reading my post, and thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it. It made me smile. :) Even if we don't experience the exact same problems, it's good to know that I'm not alone and others can relate with me. Sometimes I do feel very alone in this and that nobody truly understands. That's why I like this community. :) Your encouragement is very helpful!

MikeyC

Thank you for reading my post, and thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it. It made me smile. :) Even if we don't experience the exact same problems, it's good to know that I'm not alone and others can relate with me. Sometimes I do feel very alone in this and that nobody truly understands. That's why I like this community. :) Your encouragement is very helpful!
You're more than welcome. I'm always available if you want to chat so I hope you keep that in mind, too. :)

AsTimeBurns

Lots of things. Physically the thing I hate the most is my skin. used to have bad acne, so took medication for it, but it dried it all out and left it quite red and patchy and horrible, especially around the nose and cheeks, gets me down a lot because it seems on the surface like it should be such an easy thing to change, but it's basically impossible.

Scenic

I hate my height
I hate my thin hair
I hate the shape of my face
I hate that I have to wear glasses since I can't use contacts
I hate that I'm not as skinny as I used to be
I hate how I get angry very easily
I hate how I second-guess myself
I hate that I have no motivation
I hate that I'm not great at anything I do (I don't have any forte's or callings)
I hate that I never say yes when a friend asks to hang out
I hate that I'm always tired
I hate that I'm stubborn
I hate that I can't reconcile with my mother
I hate that I'm not good at explaining things
I hate that I always say the most awkward things
I hate that I'm not funny
I hate that I tend to get into other people's business
I hate that I'm not as accepting of others as I could be

and other trivial things.

Etbow23

i hate that a lot of times i feel inferior to people

I hate the place I'm stuck in and that I can't seem to get out of it

I hate that I'm so sensitive

I hate that I worry about things like crazy that end up being all right and waste my whole day worrying and not doing anything productive

I hate that I can't be outgoing

I hate my fat tummy

I hate my skin

I hate that I have butt-acne. There. I said it.

I hate what an anxious person I am.

I hate how insecure I am.

Candide

I hate how much of a natural jackass I am
I hate my refusal to change who I am.
I hate my apathy to everything I do nothing matters all of my motivation is gone.
I hate how I look I'm a complete mess yet refuse to do anything at all.
I hate how truly naive I am to everything.
I hate how yet how naive I am I still consider myself to be pretty full of myself.
I hate how immature I am and impulsive I am with my words.

KiaKaha

Banned
@etbow - I think youll find lots of people have emabrrasing problems about their body, very few people would openly disclose it. I commend you for your bravery and openess.

I am totally losing my hair - and I have hairy toes...like a hobbit.

One thing I dont like about myself is that I can be a bit thoughtless sometimes. I dont think things through - the conclusions I come to may be a bit rash and therefore - incorrect. It makes me feel a bit stupid sometimes.

Scenic

I hate how much of a natural jackass I am
I hate my refusal to change who I am.
I hate my apathy to everything I do nothing matters all of my motivation is gone.
I hate how I look I'm a complete mess yet refuse to do anything at all.
I hate how truly naive I am to everything.
I hate how yet how naive I am I still consider myself to be pretty full of myself.
I hate how immature I am and impulsive I am with my words.

This is me. All of it. Haha.