About death and afterlife..

Sephiroth

Hello,I've been wandering about this since first time I could start thinking,it's been a while since then and I still haven't a crucial answer to this.
Let's get to the point...

There's various theories about this,for example christians believe that we have various choices heaven or hell are well know by everyone I guess... however these theories have a lot of holes and even if it was correct many might are okay with it but I just think about it makes me feel really uneasy,let's say I take my own life today and let's say again that I go to heaven I'm forced to stay in the same place many people that I probably hate but were forgiven,so I'm forced to be there with people that rejected me and treated me like **** in my life...

Let's say I can't be unhappy in heaven...

I would be nothing more than a puppet in the hands of whenever created this ****ty world and also a puppet of people my soul will never forgive....
I though about it and lucifer why wouldn't I try the same? I would rather dissapear than become a tool of sorrow in the next life too or the puppet of a "superior being" I think is much better to dissapear from the memories of everyone and everything like I've never been around like I was before I was born....though I can't avoid that though to make me feel bad either...

Then there's another theory I have in mind reeincarnation....

I though about it,from one point of view it sounds wonderful,the chance to become a free animal,to have wings to fly free to don't need to deal with society,to run and run from one place to another without worries... but even that brings a lot of troubled thoughs and questions like,what would happen to my current existence? all my sorrow will be meaningless if I start again and also I could probably suffer again even as animal there's no warranty my mother wouldn't abandon me because instinct told her that I have a big chance to become a failure or I can't find a way to get food at all and I starve to death so someone else eats my body instead...

Also,I though how beautiful could be to born again,and to be able to experience so many things I couldn't experience in this one,to experience a loving family,to have dreams and goals and be able to get closer and closer to them until I reach them,however all of this again could be ruined,If I just experience all the **** I already did and then again die and to repeat over and over...

Also I believe in the existence of ghosts,however I have various theories about them too so isn't like you believe in ghosts you have to believe in certain religion or theory...

I could talk much more about it but for now I would like to humbly propose you to give me your point of view and what do you think about it,thank you.

MikeyC

I have my own quirky theory regarding reincarnation, but the problem is with that, or what happens after we die, is that we simply don't know.

Boby

I don't believe in afterlife , the idea of afterlife spoils the experience of living.
Everything is more beautiful or worse in live because it's a finite experience.
I believe that when we die we just stop existing,yes it's scary but when you stop and thing about it ,you realize is the best option to end our life .We didn't exited before we were born why should we exist after we are dead?

BleedTheFreak

I don't believe in afterlife , the idea of afterlife spoils the experience of living.
I believe that when we die we just stop existing,yes it's scary but when you stop and thing about it ,you realize is the best option to end our life .We didn't exited before we were born why should we exist after we are dead?

I really hope this is the case. I don't want to be aware at all after I die.

The truble is, "everyone" has their own view/beliefs on all this stuff, and there's no "single authentic source" for the answers. So its a BIG CONFUSING MESS. Every time i read something new on this, it simply makes my views on it even more jumbled/confused. At the moment, i am leaning towards reincarnation, and no afterlife (as i believe, as with dreaming, we need a "mind" & perhaps also a brain, to experience an after-"life").

An example: JUST as i was starting to get "comfortable" with the idea of angels/spirits/demons/etc, i read this guys website which said that all of these things are based in the "illusionary realm" within our brains (or sth like that)!! So now i don't know WHAT to think about angels or even Jesus/God!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nanita

I believe that we have many lives on planet earth (and on other planets/and in other universes).
I believe that after the body dies, we return to a state of being that is beyond physical existance, a state of being that is the "real" reality. Later we are born into another life. And another, and another, and so on, who knows how many incarnations....Some might have many, others only a few.
I think physical existance and physical objects are illusions. Having a life here, means believing in these illusions, we experience them as being real, because if we didn´t, we wouldn´t take life seriously and we wouldn´t learn from all the experiences and lessons we are getting through life on planet earth - which is the whole point of having lives here.

Thanks for an interesting post.

Kinetik

I haven't got a clue regarding the afterlife, and clearly we're not supposed to know. It's pointless to even think about really. Either we die and cease to exist completely, or we are reborn with absolutely no recollection of this life, in which case the wondering will begin all over again. I'm off to do something more useful, like cutting my fingernails.

lonely_drummer

What I think that happens is more from the scientific standpoint than religious. It has been proven that after you die, the brain is still active for a few minutes, just 5 or so minutes. Also it has been proven that our dreams get warped into some crazy time frame, for example, days could have gone by in your dream, yet literally in the real world, your dreaming time can only be measured in fractions of seconds. So what I think happens, is that for those 5 or so minutes after you die, you're brain is just in dream mode but since it's timespan is 5 minutes in the real world, that is practically eternity in the dreamworld. So all you do is dream which I can deal with lol

I haven't got a clue regarding the afterlife, and clearly we're not supposed to know. It's pointless to even think about really. Either we die and cease to exist completely, or we are reborn with absolutely no recollection of this life, in which case the wondering will begin all over again. I'm off to do something more useful, like cutting my fingernails.

^ I agree with this.:)
However my fingernails don't need cutting. lol :D

I don't get how anyone can have a belief of what happens to us when we are dead when there is no credible evidence to prove it.:confused:

Kiwong

I'm not holding our for the afterlife, I'm running out of years of this life. Time to shake a leg.

montejocarlo

I believe that after the body dies, we return to a state of being that is beyond physical existance, a state of being that is the "real" reality.

i maintain the same view.

but for our own benefit, i suggest we do not work ourselves up over things that we can never understand. the only way to be sure is to experience, and that means to die. but even then, no evidence will be produced. our only part in the universe is to live. everything else is beyond us, which we really should be thankful about. we don't need to concern ourselves of anything else. things fall into perfect order without us. isn't that a great relief?

Last edited:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I do believe in life after death, but I just don't know what happens. We shouldn't draw any conclusions just yet... we can't see the whole picture, only a few pieces. But it's natural to form ideas from the little information that we have. We don't know as much as we'd like to think we know about the universe and the origin/meaning of life. All we have are theories and old stories. We won't know for sure until we die, which scares the heck out of me.

Eth

Well, i believe that everything there is to life and cognition stops, once and for all, the moment we die. all our memories, our personality, etc is structured in our brains, therefore once we die, our brain dies, and we are vanished, gone, cleared out from this planet.

But again, i don't know this. it could be all a big game-like simulation for what i know.
i'm just saying..

Sephiroth

The main problem with this theory is what is the point of existence after all? we are here due to a coincidence or somekind of "masterplan" where we are nothing but pieces of a board to experience so many emotions... that in the end make no sense at all and their value is insignificant since we are just temporal and finite,however if our existence was infinite it also brings a lot of problems to mind,I could accept the point of "nothingness" if theres something equal to what we feel before we actually born in this world as humans,animals or anything though I can't avoid to feel like I will die very bitterly and also live bitterly if I would just "simply" accept that possibility and my mind would stop thinking about it which wouldn't happen even if I accepted it but that doesn't matter,another problem comes when I think about somekind of "perfect" "idealistic" world what happen if someone needs of my presence in their own one but I can't stand it for one reason or another...or I just don't want a "part" of my existence to go with anyone at all

What happen with the so called everlasting love,could I enjoy that "fairy tale theory" called everlasting happyness,with the person I love if there wasn't no more barriers like they are in this world?
I could accept eternity like that let's say a world under my own rules where my mind and emotions were completely under my control,another problem is what the hell happens with the people that hurt us so bad in this life,the people that backstabbed us or the ones that didn't gave a **** about others existences and just opened their wounds physically or emotionally when they were in their weakest state,is the ones I wish to suffer the exact things they put me through and to face the same consequences I had to face isn't their no punishment or pay back?
Is there just a miserable human justice,that is so unfair..
Many suffer for crimes they weren't part of while many others enjoy thanks to their sorrow?
So many unfairness in this world it makes me so sick,I would just like to just bring an end to existence.

Iluv

Interesting subject.

As for the afterlife in my opinion there is none.
No point in hoping for something better when my life turns black. I wouldn't be very excited to go to the clouds made of cotton candy and be judged by some person that holds all power anyways. I'd actually have a hell of a lot to say to him which probably end me back in hell.

Last edited: