30 and never had a girlfriend

iamthenra

it hurts like hell when you've never had a serious relationship.

Couldn't have said it any better.... I will be 42 this year. Doesn't everyone
deserve to be loved by someone else? I've always thought I have been cursed,
doomed to walk this blue sphere alone.

Damaged

Im sure girls don't hate your face, thats a bit extreme. Something thats unattractive in people is negativity. Maybe if you started to appreciate yourself a bit more and started thinking positive, someone might come along.

It really helps when you don't spend every second of the day wishing you had someone, because it will happen when you least expect it.

mads

Im sure girls don't hate your face, thats a bit extreme. Something thats unattractive in people is negativity. Maybe if you started to appreciate yourself a bit more and started thinking positive, someone might come along.

It really helps when you don't spend every second of the day wishing you had someone, because it will happen when you least expect it.

Good post imo.

It is absolutely right that positivity is very very important. But a lot of people here have it very hard to be positive about their lives and that is where the whole problem is.

i promise you it has absolutely nothing to do with your face and everything to do with your personality.

elm

yes its everything to do with my ugly face, trust me girls just like face, if i was a fit as akon girls would just come and talk to me themselves but they dont even look at me when i talk to them cause am ugly, personality counts yes if u are loaded then they would say oh he hot nice personality. but otherwise noway .

Anthem of the Angels

No it doesn't man, no matter how ugly (or how ugly you think) you are. I'd say the self-esteem part plays a huge part in whether you get a girl's attention or not. Trust me, in my school there is a guy whose face I constantly mistake for an a*s, but he still gets girls. So, you need to work a little on your self-esteem. It took me a long time, but believe me... it's well worth the effort.

madness_lover

Trust me though..yes, looks play a big part but there is nothing in this world that makes a person uglier (even if they are drop dead gorgeous) than a negative, boring personality. Conversation is SO important in a relationship unless all you plan to do is have sex 24/7 which is physically impossible anyways ::p:.

elm

well you know wht i wish it was true for me, i have confidence, but u know wht girls says, face is the first thing they look at if its nice then they will talk to u, if not, they will just ignore it, like mine, and yes i have seen loads of ugly dudes with really hot girls but thats not the case with me, and no its about my self esteem, it just that girls dont find my face as nice as other guys to talk to me, so they kind of ignore me no wonder i am 30 and virgin and never had a girlfriend.

well you know wht i wish it was true for me, i have confidence, but u know wht girls says, face is the first thing they look at if its nice then they will talk to u, if not, they will just ignore it, like mine, and yes i have seen loads of ugly dudes with really hot girls but thats not the case with me, and no its about my self esteem, it just that girls dont find my face as nice as other guys to talk to me, so they kind of ignore me no wonder i am 30 and virgin and never had a girlfriend.

you just said you've seen loads of ugly guys with girls, but you're too ugly to get a girl? I don't get it.

the problem is....you're probably not as confident, or interesting, or as good a conversationalist as you think you are.

I'm good looking. Not bragging...it is what it is. Girls and guys have told me this....and girls at school check me out all the time. I've never had a girlfriend either but i acknowledge the fact that I suck at conversation and I have no confidence, therefore no girlfriend.

elm

well i tell u wht, i went to a party and no girl ever wanted to talk to me, but good looking guys were all being chatted up by girls, and yes girls were trying to talk to them but they dont want to know me cause am ugly.

spect01

If it makes any love-shy men feel better, a guy at another message board I'm registered at (Wrong Planet) had his first girlfriend at age 44. I've also heard a story of a man who lost his virginity at age 50 (and it wasn't with a prostitute).

People who say "just be yourself", "talking to girls is easy" and so on, should put themselves in the shoes of a man who has social anxiety.

That scares me. Seems like no matter how bad you think you have it someone else is 10x times worse....

NinjaLikesToast

I have been in one serious relationship in my life. I'm 23 now, so I guess it's not to unusual.
I usually end up being "the understanding friend" that people go to for advice or just to complain in general haha.
I don't mind it so much, but it would be nice to meet someone I could care about and have them feel the same way toward me.

Damaged

well i tell u wht, i went to a party and no girl ever wanted to talk to me, but good looking guys were all being chatted up by girls, and yes girls were trying to talk to them but they dont want to know me cause am ugly.

Do you even try going up to girls and talking to them? Maybe the girls at the party were actually being chatted up by the guys.

Most girls are attracted to humour and don't judge on first impressions, im sure if you worked up your confidence you could get a date =)

elm

i have tried but as i said they dont want to know me, and of course i dont know y, but i think its my face, its not that attractive so they just ignore me, and yes girls do like face first, as the girls say its the face u look at first, and u have to be attractive towards them.

Pookah

I've had 2 "boyfriends" lasted less than a week each (if you count face to face contact) lol sad. :(

Noca

Banned
As far as I know, good looks only gets you a start of a conversation with a gurl. If you dont have a good personality after that, they will be turned off and ditch you.

lyricalliaisons

I highly doubt that you are ugly. Most of the people on this site seem to think they're ugly & I've seen pictures of a lot of them & none of them are. I'm sure it's just your low self-esteem making you think you're ugly.

That being said, I'm 28 & will be in your exact position in two years, I'm sure. & I will probably still be in your position at 40. I'm sure you will find someone, even if it does take a lot longer than others. I have a bit of hope left for myself, so you shouldn't give up on yourself, either. I read a message on a forum yesterday by a man who didn't find love until he was 44 years old. Until then, he had never done much of anything, let alone have a girlfriend. So don't give up on yourself.

PRF

Another one here. 27 years of age... living in The Netherlands.

I've never talked to any girl in a "normal"way they ignore me like i'm invisible.

I do have many male friends and they very well with the women but they're pretty and charismatic.

I just have a little ugly small asymmetrical face. Maybe not ugly but very unattractive :)

I'm sure I will die without ever been in a relationship.

I can't even have a normal girlfriend.

ALtough it's a bit painful, I decided to not let it put me down but i'm sure i'm alone in my 40's and 50's as well :)