Your weird cusine?

Boby

I'm a bit bored.
Do you guys have some dishes from you country/region cusine that might be considered weird by others?:)

I will go first:
First is "Ciorba de burta",which literally means "Belly soup":).The correct translation would be "Tripe sour soup" and the main ingredient is cow stomach.It sounds weird and I though the same thing when I first saw it but it's very good:

and second is "sorici" or almost raw pig skin and again it tastes very good:

coyote

wisconsin cheese curds

squeaky globs of fresh cheese

cheesecurds-260.jpg

sometimes deep-fried

fried-cheese-curds8970c-450wi.jpg

Roman Legion

Bread and organic mustard sandwich.. Although I don't particularly enjoy it, food is food and when you're hungry, genuinely hungry, you lose care for taste..

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

I don't think my heritage really has anything... totally out of the box...?
I grew up snacking on pemmican at grandma's, though.

Pemmican is a concentrated mixture of fat and protein used as a nutritious food. The word comes from the Cree word pimîhkân, which itself is derived from the word pimî, "fat, grease".[1] It was invented by the native peoples of North America.[citation needed] It was widely adopted as a high-energy food by Europeans involved in the fur trade and later by Arctic and Antarctic explorers, such as Robert Falcon Scott and Roald Amundsen.
The specific ingredients used were usually whatever was available; the meat was often bison, moose, elk, or deer. Fruits such as cranberries and saskatoon berries were sometimes added. Cherries, currants, chokeberries and blueberries were also used, but almost exclusively in ceremonial and wedding pemmican.

Here's a packaged version of pemmican.
b84_pemmican.jpg

Hoppy

I love McDonalds.

Some of my most enjoyable meals have been there, I always go alone, and I make it about 4 times a year.

Everybody else thinks it is weird.

Last edited:

Nathália

Some of my family eats cow tongues. Okay, I come from a place where no meat of the animal should be thrown away. I remember one was brought back home one summer and it's a huge tongue in a clear package. I think it's a bit weird.

cow-tongue-300x224.jpg

Remus

Staff member
The Bury black pudding.

bury-black-pudding2.jpg

Pigs blood, pig skin fat , onions, oats and seasoning. All wrapped in a pigs intestine.

Delicious!