Your most annoying OCD habit.

superario

Whether it's annoying to you, others, or both.

What do you think is one or some of your most annoying habits? ;)

BloodFury

Interesting topic, yet none has chosen to post. :eek:

If I actually have OCD, I would say... unwanted thoughts.

dean01

my most annoying is texting ive lost all my friends due to my excessive texting. i also tend to buy the same things when i go food shoping, its like i know where everything is in the shop so i just grab the same food everytime, cue at the same till and get out of there quick.

Niteowl

Thinking that things, inanimate objects, have thoughts and feelings of their own. It causes me problems. I can write about it here, about how pathetic it makes me feel, but when I'm in certain situations the thoughts are very real. I can't throw many things out because of it.

Having to do, or repeat things in my head, X number of times, usually three or five. Also having to do two or more things an equal number of times - if I do this three times, I have to do that three times. If I do it four times by mistake, I have to make it five, and then I have to do the first thing another two times.

Minor tidiness things too. I arranged the books on the shelf last week. It looks tidy but now I can't take a book out, because that would "ruin" it. I like to read at night, but I don't have many books lying around that aren't on that shelf.

WeirdyMcGee

Checking things- locks, the stove, taps- that sort of thing; over and over again to make sure everything is off and closed and locked.

I wring my hands. haha
I do it when I'm nervous, when I have nothing to do, when I'm upset...

I wash my face 5-7 times a day; any time I feel like my face is getting oily or dirty, I have to wash it and moisturize it.

I brush my teeth after I eat anything.
This was decreased since last year when I felt the need to brush my teeth any time I drank anything as well.

There are other less annoying ones-- or ones that people wouldn't really notice, that are only reflex for me... so I won't list them. These are just what come to mind right away.

I don't have OCD, I don't think, but I do have an obsession with correcting grammatical mistakes when I see them, it takes so much effort for me not to correct people on this site ::(:

I think it's because it's one of the few thing's I'm good at and I can control, sort of, and it lets me escape from being helpless

Feathers

hm, I have had difficulty doing laundry or dishes or handling food/cooking or cleaning etc. It annoys family very much (I'd rather just avoid it all) & they can annoy me too! lol! They can get annoyed if I want more strict hygiene standards too, yikes. Or if I'm particular they need to wash hands etc.

Didn't realize 're-checking' a site could be 'OCD'? LOL! haha probably guilty of that one too, sometimes, it's not really 'OCD' or bothering me I think... (it bothers family if I'm too much online..)

Okay, repeating thoughts too, like obsessing if I maybe hurt someone etc. Or just obsessing/worrying about a person/situation/group of people... or problems/dilemmas or what to do... Sometimes I can get overwhelmed and may need some 'space' and other poeple don't always understand it...
It's annoying if I wake up and these dilemmas/life questions start playing in my head, like, 'Who invited you there?' lol!

dancingintherain

obsessive over my health.. I thought I was going to go blind, have breast cancer, go completely deaf, have a heart attack, be paralyzed not breath again
now, can you believe that?? I must be crazy..

Seri

Hmm, I get my thoughts stuck in loops, where the same image/frame of movement will keep repeating over and over again and I can't pull out of it or make it do anything else. An example is putting a needle in my arm or having one already in my arm (as a thought image), I won't be able to make it move or pull up, because it'll keep looping back to the start. The only way I've found to break these thought loops is to do something illogical and odd. Like with that example I would make the needle go right through my arm and out the other side (it's a thought remember, not actually doing it). Not the most pleasant thing to think about, but it stops the loops.

Recently I've had some success with discarding looping thoughts... I'll imagine them dropping out of my line of sight or being swept away, destroyed etc.

I also have a habit of biting my lips til they bleed, but since I had my teeth shortened a little I've been unable to do that though I still try to pick at them.

And of course I forget that I've checked or done things (about 5 seconds after I did so), and thus need to recheck or redo multiple times. This is why I make lots of lists and always carry paper and pens with me, because otherwise I'll just forget far too quickly.

BloodFury

I bite my nails down to nothing twice a month.

Same here, not sure if this is related... but I pick my scabs, this makes me bleed and have hundreds of scars. If I have scabs anywhere on my arm, I will continously pick at them making it months for them to fully heal.

BloodFury

Thinking that things, inanimate objects, have thoughts and feelings of their own. It causes me problems. I can write about it here, about how pathetic it makes me feel, but when I'm in certain situations the thoughts are very real. I can't throw many things out because of it.

I do this too, just a much minor version. In some situations, I will feel bad for the things I throw away. It makes me sad...

nothingtofear

Definitely checking and re-checking. I have to check the locks, faucets, and stove repeatedly before leaving the house. It's very time consuming and people tend to get frustrated with me very easily.

I check my pockets for my keys & phone a million times before I go out and keep re-checking even though they're there the first time... but that's normal, right?

BloodFury

Interesting topic, yet none has chosen to post. :eek:

If I actually have OCD, I would say... unwanted thoughts.

An edit from my post, I must say that it would ultimately be hypochondriac for me. Thinking that everything is wrong with me, or continous thoughts of someone breaking in.

EDIT: Although having a loaded gun near me changes the story, instead of them coming to kill me or something else... I am the one shooting them!