Your Ideal Significant Other?

Would you rather be with someone who has social anxiety or with someone who is outgoing/without it? I've heard both desires on this forum and can see positives in either one.

iamthenra

Hmmm... Ideal eh? I would say my ideal partner is: female (of course), has a pulse, and outgoing or less reserved than I am.... Someone has to make some moves in the relationship and if it were totally up to me, things would never progress....because of fear.

Emily_G

My hubby is more of the outgoing type. I think it's good to have a balance, or two people who are outgoing.

BlaiseBLATES

Someone who's extremely outgoing.
Although I have social anxiety, if anyone saw me in my home you would'nt think anything was wrong with me.

shore_of_glass

If my Ideal Significant Other was more outgoing I'd be dragged to heavier social situations and that can have a negative or positive outcome. If she had social anxiety we'd fight it together.

so, I don't think I should choose on that, but probably would end up with someone with SA :D

Honda

I like people that are opposite of me as if they complete me or something... Brave, Daring, Street Smart. I always aimed high and despised people that lack the above qualities... The issue is if you are with someone that is stronger than you then dont be surprised if he/she could step on your face whenever times and situations change... "power is stronger than love" - TUPAC Resurrection: the documentary...
I always believed that hanging out with people that are smarter, cooler and stronger than me will add up to my personality and i believe that you should be adventurous a bit in choosing friends and loved ones and not to be fearful from the consequences and be ready to accept them.. I met good friends that are quite boring and dull, they didnt add up to my life and mentality anything i felt secure with them.. Still i regret it cuz i wanted to be with people that exciting and do things in life.. I tried to blend with such types of people but found out its difficult cuz u need ego and power to be able to hang out with them and i respect them for their position in the food chain, they earned it... I want to be the c**k than the anus...

Krista

I'm not really looking for someone who is extremely outgoing but I also don't know how well two people with SA would work together. Naturally, it would be nice to have someone understand your problems because they share the same. But I think those relationships take a lot of work, it could also be very worth it in the end. Depends on how much you want it and will work for it. I really don't have a problem going out and I do enjoy it when it's with people that I'm comfortable with but I also love staying home too. I guess I'd like someone who was just compatible with me, understood how I felt and got me to go out but also stayed home with me when I want to be a social hermit lol. SA or not I'd make it work.

oui

I'd rather have someone like me. Its such a pain to explain to boys that I hate parties, that I'd much rather stay in.

I had a very gregarious boyfriend who was interested in me because I was "mysterious." It got very annoying- him talking about nothing all the time- very quickly. My ideal relationship was realized when I broke up with him: being with someone that could withstand, and prefer, silence. I haven't found such a person. I don't think I will. But at least I know what I hate: belligerent, non-thinking idiots that talk to fill gaps of "awkward" silence.

They say opposites attract, but in reality, they attract and promptly self-destruct.

She'll be a highly evolved telepathic space alien from a species with only positive attributes who, for whatever reason, decides to dedicate her life entirely to making me happy. She'll be living on earth trying not to be discovered by other earthlings, so she'll try hard to avoid all people, and help me move to some secluded place where I never have to deal with people again either.

Noca

Banned
Someone who has SA, someone who's not a bitch, someone who actually contributes their share financially(unlike my previous ex gf who refused to pay a penny), someone who enjoys my humor, and someone who is generally open minded and accepting.

Tlachtgha

I don't think I could maintain a relationship with someone who wasn't socially phobic/shy/introverted too.
Most 'ordinary' people like to spend a lot of time out and about at bars, clubs etc. and, as well as finding that type of thing extremely challenging, I have no interest in it.

It would have to be someone similar to myself. Perhaps the local Lunatic Asylum might be a good place for me to look :)

Last edited:
My ideal partner would have to be someone with SA. It would be nice to have someone to relate, grow and overcome a lot of the same obstacles with. Outgoing people intimidate me...

It would have to be someone similar to myself. Perhaps the local Lunatic Asylum might be a good place for me to look :)

Yeah, maybe I should schedule a tour. I'd rather have someone similar to me in every way, especially regarding social anxiety and shyness. A nice homebody would fit the bill. I don't know if I believe in opposites attracting.

Vecis

There is song by Metallica "Unforgiven II" witch has line "If you could only understand me; than I could only understand you!". That is what I want in my ideal someone.

Honda

I dont know if my last post sounded extreme but dats how i think.. I always look up to people rather than look down.. Now am doing it much less often these days and hopefully people will look up to me in the future..