Your 2013 review/2014 preview

I quit school, went to a psychiatric centre, I started singing lessons, i tried kickboxing, i met my best friend in town, i went through heartbreak (gf broke up), i met a wonderful chat friend, i got a ps3 and play rocksmith weekly, i went to Paris to work with a producer, I go to a coaching house every Wednesday, I got my ears pierced, I got a ying yang tattoo, i went out and got drunk , I sung in a cafe and the boss wants me as a singer, I did karaoke at a halloween party, i got a new mountainebike, i started driving lessons, and theoretical classes, i started singing in a band but quit quite soon after it because of SA, I got a new kitten called Bowy.

I want to stop being home bound, I want to find a study before february, i want to get my drivers license, i want to sing in that cafe again, i want to go to paris to shoot the music videos, i want to increase my guitar skills, i want to go on kickboxing, i want to meet new people, i want to travel the world, i want to watch a lot of anime, i want to read between 50 and 100 books, i want to write a (fictional) book, i want to watch a lot of movies and series. and i want to become more happy and wake up on time, not be so lazy and demotivated. and not be homebound/isolated, because i never had a job and dont go to school.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

I quit school, went to a psychiatric centre, I started singing lessons, i tried kickboxing, i met my best friend in town, i went through heartbreak (gf broke up), i met a wonderful chat friend, i got a ps3 and play rocksmith weekly, i went to Paris to work with a producer, I go to a coaching house every Wednesday, I got my ears pierced, I got a ying yang tattoo, i went out and got drunk (yeah i never got drunk before), I sung in a cafe and the boss wants me as a singer, I did karaoke at a halloween party, i got a new mountainebike, i started driving lessons, and theoretical classes, i started singing in a band but quit quite soon after it because of SA, I got a new kitten called Bowy.

I want to stop being home bound, I want to find a study before february, i want to get my drivers license, i want to sing in that cafe again, i want to go to paris to shoot the music videos, i want to increase my guitar skills, i want to go on kickboxing, i want to meet new people, i want to travel the world, i want to watch a lot of anime, i want to read between 50 and 100 books, i want to write a (fictional) book, i want to watch a lot of movies and series. and i want to become more happy and wake up on time, not be so lazy and demotivated. and not be homebound/isolated, because i never had a job and dont go to school.

Wow, you were busy! Congrats on all the years achievements, especially the new kitten. :)

Wow, you were busy! Congrats on all the years achievements, especially the new kitten. :)

Lol:) Well at the moment I'm just at home, not having a job or school so it's not that spectacular. Those things that I actually did those things, were a few days....But thanks :) Yeah animals are lovely<3

Genata

Good to see everybody loving each other and being so really positive and not depressed with the new year, being full of happiness.

Happy new year.

Ithior

2013: finished my degree with the average I intended to have. During the summer I tried out papercrafting, made like 5 models but eventually stopped (right now I picked it up again to finish what I was working on, but I'll likely stop after I conclude it). I started learning Japanese, but I also stopped that when I reached my goal, and I couldn't find another tangible goal like the first so I got unmotivated. I started learning to code this month. I've read 5 books since I finished my degree (average of one a month), and I'm currently reading other two (not counting manga). This is a lot more than what I used to read when I was studying (I would only read during the summer vacations). I got my bike ready to use on the road. I found ways to reduce the manifestations of my anxiety to some extent.

2014: I want to find my passion (I have no idea what sort of work I'd like to do or in what field). I need to get a job/internship and move out of this house. There's too much movement here and I never feel like I'm alone, which stops me from trying out new things and getting new habits. I want to change my diet to cut back on sugar and eat more vegetables. I need to actually ride that bike (I got it ready but I haven't used it so far). I want to try out swimming again and I want to play basketball. I want a friend that can push me to try out these things and many others that I'm too afraid to try because of the reactions of other people.

Steiner

2013: Alone, alone alone. Joined some forums. Hospital. Therapy,therapy,therapy. Moved. Alone alone alone.

2014: I don't know.

Teemasterj

I am 51 years old and in 2013 I looked into why I felt so anxious in social situations. It's been life changing for me to be able to hold conversations with people and actually speak to strangers in social situations. Although I've been prescribed Rx to relief the anxiety I feel much more positive about life in general. I think 2014 will be even better as I fine tune the Rx.

ImNotMyIllness

I am 51 years old and in 2013 I looked into why I felt so anxious in social situations. It's been life changing for me to be able to hold conversations with people and actually speak to strangers in social situations. Although I've been prescribed Rx to relief the anxiety I feel much more positive about life in general. I think 2014 will be even better as I fine tune the Rx.

That's great!

AGR

I quit school, went to a psychiatric centre, I started singing lessons, i tried kickboxing, i met my best friend in town, i went through heartbreak (gf broke up), i met a wonderful chat friend, i got a ps3 and play rocksmith weekly, i went to Paris to work with a producer, I go to a coaching house every Wednesday, I got my ears pierced, I got a ying yang tattoo, i went out and got drunk (yeah i never got drunk before), I sung in a cafe and the boss wants me as a singer, I did karaoke at a halloween party, i got a new mountainebike, i started driving lessons, and theoretical classes, i started singing in a band but quit quite soon after it because of SA, I got a new kitten called Bowy.

I think you did good,specially with the music bit,I remember you posting you singing here,I imagine it must be terrible singing in front of people,here lots of people go to karaokê for entertainment,I have thought about it before,I just couldnt do it.

As for me 2013 went so fast,the main thing is I started to study japanese more seriously,I signed up for dating sites and I am trying a bit at least,at the end I am questioning myself,should I be more like other guys regarding relationships?

2014 I want to study more and pick more hobbies like martial arts,I am pretty fat right now haha.

AGR

Another thing I have a new favourite band,might not seen like an important thing,but HIM has been my favourite band since like 2003/2004 and I love listening to music so it was pretty big for me,my favourite band is in my signature,I knew them for a while,but didnt "really" know them if you know what I mean.

jaim38

2013 review: What a tumultuous year. I was forced into situations that I'd rather not be in. I took my first ever offline classes in a long time. Some highlights are my cousin's visit over the summer and my graduation.

2014 preview: One of my new year's resolutions is to lose weight. Ever since I went to college, my weight fluctuated, as much as 20 lbs. I was vegetarian for 1 year (and lost weight), then gained weight for the other year, etc. Another resolution is to improve my social skills (verbal skills included).

Phoenixx

2014 will be full of positive energy as I am starting full-time study. That is why I have not been able to come in here for a while as I have been busy preparing for next year.
^ So that's where you ran off to. Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

Phoenixx

I made a ginormous post on my Tumblr today reflecting my year, if anyone's actually interested and not scared off by length. In a nutshell my year didn't start off great, but the last half was absolutely wonderful for me. I achieved better physical and mental health -- and still have a long ways to go, I pushed through my social anxiety and depression more, gained a slight boost of confidence and true feelings of happiness, became more aware of how horrible my health really was and how much my surroundings kind of suck and need to change, I earned my associate's degree in science, I got my license, went out more, made a couple new friends, met new people, had new travels, first relationship, and first kiss.

I'm actually excited for how this year is going to turn out. I have plans to move to Buffalo and start college there come fall, I'd love to make new friends and meet new people while I'm there and not hide in fear, I'm still going to continue improving my mental and physical health the best I can, continue to get out more, I'd love to get a job soon, and to keep this new relationship of mine going the best I can. Things are great and I only hope they'll continue to get better.

Here's to a prosperous and happy new year to all of us! :brindis:

Silatuyok

I made a ginormous post on my Tumblr today reflecting my year, if anyone's actually interested and not scared off by length. In a nutshell my year didn't start off great, but the last half was absolutely wonderful for me. I achieved better physical and mental health -- and still have a long ways to go, I pushed through my social anxiety and depression more, gained a slight boost of confidence and true feelings of happiness, became more aware of how horrible my health really was and how much my surroundings kind of suck and need to change, I earned my associate's degree in science, I got my license, went out more, made a couple new friends, met new people, had new travels, first relationship, and first kiss.

I'm actually excited for how this year is going to turn out. I have plans to move to Buffalo and start college there come fall, I'd love to make new friends and meet new people while I'm there and not hide in fear, I'm still going to continue improving my mental and physical health the best I can, continue to get out more, I'd love to get a job soon, and to keep this new relationship of mine going the best I can. Things are great and I only hope they'll continue to get better.

Here's to a prosperous and happy new year to all of us! :brindis:

That's a ton of accomplishments! So what is it that causes the hair loss? I pull out quite a lot of hair every time I shower, but I never considered that it might be something diet-related or anything other than middle age creeping up on me. Any tips on getting fuller hair?

Phoenixx

That's a ton of accomplishments! So what is it that causes the hair loss? I pull out quite a lot of hair every time I shower, but I never considered that it might be something diet-related or anything other than middle age creeping up on me. Any tips on getting fuller hair?
^ I always thought my hair loss and dryness was normal too (since I have fine, thin curly hair) until it started getting worse. Turns out my gall bladder was pretty screwed up and wasn't breaking down fats properly. Fatty acid deficiency = dry, brittle hair and hair loss. It's taken a while, but my hair is starting to come back and not look so thin in volume. As for tips, I guess I say just eat healthy fats. Coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, fish, and avocados are wonderful. Doing a coconut oil condition for your hair is nice too, that is if you don't mind running oil through your hair, putting it up, and letting it sit for an hour or so before showering. Makes hair soft and shiny!

Silatuyok

^ I always thought my hair loss and dryness was normal too (since I have fine, thin curly hair) until it started getting worse. Turns out my gall bladder was pretty screwed up and wasn't breaking down fats properly. Fatty acid deficiency = dry, brittle hair and hair loss. It's taken a while, but my hair is starting to come back and not look so thin in volume. As for tips, I guess I say just eat healthy fats. Coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, fish, and avocados are wonderful. Doing a coconut oil condition for your hair is nice too, that is if you don't mind running oil through your hair, putting it up, and letting it sit for an hour or so before showering. Makes hair soft and shiny!

Thanks! :thumbup: