worst physical-/worst mental symptom

Code:
Originally posted by [b]Dead_on_Arrival[/b]: Mental: Thoughts of suicide coupled with fear of death and the unknown.

Mental: Similarly for me, the worst mental would have to be when i'm stuck deep in the totally isolated/lonely/unfamiliar/hopeless false world that exists when in acute depression. That seems to be the most pained/miserable that i can can feel in my life. Other things like being ridiculed, laughed-at, etc, in public, i tend to "supress" at the time (& the feeling is of the anger/rage type, which i deem to be less painful than say depression; its a more fiery/fighting/frustrated type of pain, not one of absolute despair/despondency)

Physically, #1 is i think having a full-blown panic attack (which is doubly bad when coupled with an acute depression). #2 is "Toxic Hell", which is when i'm reacting severely to harsh toxins in the environment (such as harsh chemical cleaners, rotting meat, mold, burnt plastic,...). It affects my entire body (& mind). Headache, eye-ache & sore/stingy/bloodshot eyes, sore back, very tense/sore neck, breathing difficulties. And mentally it makes my mind go "flat-tack", at a constant million-miles-an-hour, continuosly for hours/days on end (which can lead to burn-out, anxiety, depression, or just "crazy" stress)

PHP:
Originally posted by [b]Saskia[/b]
   Originally posted by [u]Beatrice[/u]: TENSION. I can feel every muscle seize up. Breathing becomes shallow. Can. Not. Relax....
Wow beatrice, it's like you describe me. It is making me so nervous all time to have so much tension going on. It's hard for people to understand. It's like I can't seem to relax. Did you try to release the tension? I wish there was a way to let go. But it's just my body. Always tensed , from top to toe

Salskia_Beat: I try to every day, spent even for just a few minutes, to relax my body's muscles. I use "PMR" - Progressive Muscle Relaxation. Its very easy to do - you just tense->relax each major muscle area of your body. And it feels nice too :). Also if im in okay mood, then i also do some "Acupressure" after that (pressing some acupressure "points"). My body feel less tense & more relxed after that :). Also it give mind a pleasnt/restful break, which reduce the stress :D
(but usualy during daytime, mind is going too fast for to do any "deep meditative" types of stuff, so usu dont bother with that - which is probably best for late night, when have "woinded-down" somewhat)

I like those techniques. Thanks for the tip. I think it could help me if I force myself to do it everyday and learn to get a balance between body and mind and have no tension anymore.. It could also less'n the anxiety so much

montejocarlo

physically, I almost blacked-out... ironically, it hadn't been black. It's like everything started getting white & I felt extremely lightheaded. Worse, I was walking in a downtown area full of people and I thought how embarrassing it would be if I suddenly dropped unconscious. I told myself to relax and did deep breathing. When I started feeling better, I rushed to the nearest dunkin' donuts and sat there for a while.

WeirdyMcGee

mental: probably the constant paranoia and BDD
physical: a toss-up between projectile vomiting and abdominal pain/migraines

MikeyC

I...didn't know you were suffering from this as well. ::(:

Mental: my depression and constant self-destructive/suicidal thoughts.

Physical: I could name a few. My hairiness. My belly. My unusual curved spine that doesn't give me grief now but probably will in my later years.

Section_31

oh wow.....i dont feel i have a right to even post here...nothing quite as serious as some

mental: Depression and my slow withdrawing from all my friendships that used to be in my life, whether or not i was aware i was doing it. My desire to be alone almost all the time.

Physical: nothing too serious....severe shakiness sometimes to the point where people wonder if i have parkinsons, sweating quite badly in social situations, blushing, had the urge to vomit once or twice but its never happened....yet...

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Mental: Frequent urges/visualizations of self-mutilation & suicide and complete social withdrawal to the point of agoraphobia. And when I'm anxious I can't think clearly or remember things at all, it's so frustrating. In more extreme circumstances I experience depersonalization/derealization.

Physical: I get this weird panicky feeling in my chest which is usually followed by my heart beating very hard and fast. Sometimes my throat closes up when I'm trying to speak, which is extremely embarrassing.

MrJones

Mental: Paranoia and suicidal thoughts.

Physical: Chest pain, makes me feel like I'm about to die.

onecellinthesea

It's not so bad now, but to do with 'the fight or flight' response I get really really restless legs like I need to bolt around and I can't stop moving them. I'm also pretty bad at health anxiety, ie imagining a stiff leg is due to a blood clot and going to the toilet in uni to check it during lectures.

spearhunter

for me insomnia is the worst symptom, sleeping only a couple of hours at night is not very fun and i hope it happens to no one because insomnia is a real bitch

Ashiene

Highly irritable at all times, with decade-long persistent chest pains (medical checkups every year revealed no physical problems).

Plumeria

I think the worst for me is pre-fainting or actually fainting. People think I want attention if I mention it, but its a very real possibility. Its something medical that I am bugging about to get diagnosed. I faint when I stand too long, but also under stress like being around people. I get many symptoms like all of you have, but for me the pre-fainting feeling is the worst. I don't want the bad attention fainting would cause. I would rather be invisable.