Will I be alone for ever!

Marc7

I have no friends at all :(, I wish I at least one friend. Social anxiety, not knowing how to maintain a conversation,not knowing how to talk to strangers, and plus most of the time the people are not around are not my age prevent from socializing. I really scared I will never have any friends and have a girlfriend before I die.

Last edited:

Flanscho

Well, it depends. Mostly it depends on you. Getting regular friends is... Well, "easy" is the wrong word. I'd simply pick a hobby that I enjoy and can be done with others, and then find other people in my city who have the same hobby. That way I get to know people with whom I've stuff in common, and sooner or later I'll find friends that way. That works pretty well. The only difficulty in this matter is getting the courage to actually do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc7

Well, it depends. Mostly it depends on you. Getting regular friends is... Well, "easy" is the wrong word. I'd simply pick a hobby that I enjoy and can be done with others, and then find other people in my city who have the same hobby. That way I get to know people with whom I've stuff in common, and sooner or later I'll find friends that way. That works pretty well. The only difficulty in this matter is getting the courage to actually do it.

I know i just have to stop procrastination and get courage and motivation to go get a hobby, i was thinking about getting a job. Are you saying it i said its easy to make friends?

um i don't feel comfortable talking about my social class. i look okay though i have acne, little chubby, and need to get motivation to shave and groom myself.

Flanscho

I know i just have to stop procrastination and get courage and motivation to go get a hobby, i was thinking about getting a job. Are you saying it i said its easy to make friends?

Well, it's easy in so far as it is easy for a person that is in fear of flying to take a plane to visit a family member or something. You know exactly what to do, and doing those actions is by itself not difficult. The only difficult thing is overcoming your fears.

Marc7

Well, it's easy in so far as it is easy for a person that is in fear of flying to take a plane to visit a family member or something. You know exactly what to do, and doing those actions is by itself not difficult. The only difficult thing is overcoming your fears.

oh yea I guess I have to rely on positive affirmations to get that motivation.

Remus

Staff member
Removed some comments in posts:

Forum rules said:
3. Violations The following types of posts are not permitted:

misandry, misogyny.)

Lets try again without the generalising about women.

Back on topic.

Last edited:

SmileMore

I guess I am applying to jobs, on here again. other than that not really *shrugs*

Then how do you expect things to change? There's no point in complaining if you're not trying. I know how you feel but only you can improve your life. Just try and change small things at first.

Marc7

Then how do you expect things to change? There's no point in complaining if you're not trying. I know how you feel but only you can improve your life. Just try and change small things at first.

I am trying by applying for jobs but I need a lot of courage and motivation to get over my social anxiety

SmileMore

it's very hard to do it though, I don't really meet a lot of new people and people my age

Of course it's hard. If it wasn't there wouldn't be a problem. You can't just give up or not bother because something is "hard". The only way you'll get better at doing things is BY doing them. We can all make excuses.

I have social anxiety, quite bad social anxiety actually but i still hold down a full time job. I never thought i'd drive a car or pass my driving test but i did because i kept trying and didn't give up. I now have my own car so it is possible if you make an effort and stop making excuses.

Marc7

Of course it's hard. If it wasn't there wouldn't be a problem. You can't just give up or not bother because something is "hard". The only way you'll get better at doing things is BY doing them. We can all make excuses.

I have social anxiety, quite bad social anxiety actually but i still hold down a full time job. I never thought i'd drive a car or pass my driving test but i did because i kept trying and didn't give up. I now have my own car so it is possible if you make an effort and stop making excuses.

But you to have drive to do it though. I'm trying to build up that drive. I not making excuses.

SmileMore

But you to have drive to do it though. I'm trying to build up that drive. I not making excuses.

So, what do you want us to say? Your drive should be wanting to improve your life and be happy. That should be enough to make you do something. :idontknow:

I've had days where i didn't even want to get out of bed (i also suffer from depression and OCD and well as SA) but i've battled on because you've got to. Nobody else can do it for you.

Marc7

So, what do you want us to say? Your drive should be wanting to improve your life and be happy. That should be enough to make you do something. :idontknow:

I've had days where i didn't even want to get out of bed (i also suffer from depression and OCD and well as SA) but i've battled on because you've got to. Nobody else can do it for you.

I'm am trying to get that drive.

I know that but idk how to get motivation except thinking positive.

btw I have suffer from depression and a medium amount of ocd as well

So how did you make friends online?

What sucks?

It sucks that making friends in real life is so hard.

I made friends throughout facebook groups (communities), forums in my country, penpals (though i never see them in real life), maybe you should make a topic ''Hey people from [insert country] , and maybe you can make friends in your country?

mismeek

Preach it girl friend!