WHY should I ever get a girlfriend?

AGR

Alright my first post was a joke,but what I really think is that it would be really good to have someone who supports you,someone to come back home to,who is waiting for you and to have the kind of intimacy that only comes with years and years of living together.

fitftw

the only reason people have gf/bf is because they don't want to be alone. It's human nature to seek out a mate.

forksandspoons

because stone cold says so

stone-cold-stuns-santa-o.gif

JamesSmith

the only reason people have gf/bf is because they don't want to be alone. It's human nature to seek out a mate.

So do you believe in true love? Or do you believe that people are just getting together just because of fear of loneliness?

Richey

i suppose it'd be something to break the boring routine of daily life.

at least it'd be interesting and would test both you and her, it may not even turn out how you imagine at all but how would you know unless you try?

its also a really good excuse to have a best friend in other words someone you can banter with all the time.

the whole intimicay part is a bonus really

Last edited:

fitftw

So do you believe in true love? Or do you believe that people are just getting together just because of fear of loneliness?

The latter. People are inherently insane. There is no explanation for this. Maybe love exists, but I'm betting most people get together because of fear of being alone.

JamesSmith

The latter. People are inherently insane. There is no explanation for this. Maybe love exists, but I'm betting most people get together because of fear of being alone.

Well this could make sense for someone with SAD who doesn't have many friends, if any friends. But there are lots of people out there who have many people in their life. Now why would they need an intimate partner when they have all these other people to talk to as they are not alone? What I'm saying is there are so many people who aren't alone to begin with, they are constantly around friends or family. These people aren't alone, so they would have no reason to be afraid of being alone.

Last edited:

panicsurvivor

I am sorry. I mean no disrespect and I am not trying to be cold. But Girls (or guys) are not cars, or possesions to be gotten. You don't go, "wow I think that it would be a good move for me to get myself a girlfriend to help pay my rent, and share driving duty. It just happens when you spend time with someone, and are attracted to them. It is a natural organic thing. Someone on here said that they don't believe in love that it is just out of lonliness that we get together. I call bull****!!! I won't go as far as to say that I believe in love as an end all be all, or anything like that. But my money would be on pheramones and biology more than anything else. I never felt bad about being alone, I liked it. The girls that I have had relationships with just knocked my socks off. I wanted to be near them (and on them::p:)) and we hung out, and things went from there. Like Coyote said in his post, you don't ask yourself if you should or shouldn't do it. It's funny you seem to be against having a girlfriend, but like you may be able to be talked into it. Trust me the way you are going about, like you are shopping for something that you don't think you want, you don't have to worry about being talked into it.

Liam17

free sex
------------

LOL,

Theres many better reasons than that.

On topic.

You don't have to have one, its whatever makes you happy, if being single makes you happy, don't get into a relationship cause then it wouldn't work.

Me personally i would like a girlfriend, someone to talk to, be close to, and to love.

Doubt ill get one though :/

..Girls (or guys) are not cars, or possesions to be gotten. You don't go, "wow I think that it would be a good move for me to get myself a girlfriend to...
Speaking of cars, that actually (i think) makes a very good analogy. In the sense that you can either NOT have a car/gilfriend (& all that goes with it), or you can HAVE one (& all that goes with it). There's no "middle ground" - which is one thing i have strong reservations about. I don't do black/white, yes/no things, i'm a person of DEGREES.

For instance with a car: You buy a car. You then have to fork-out regularly for petrol, maintenance, break-downs, etc, as well as yearly Warrant-of-Fitness (road-worthiness certification) & registration fees. Having the car will change your lifestyle (if say didn't have any transport before, or used taxi sparingly). People will judge/see you a bit differently with a car, and also depending on the type/value/style of it (ie will reflect on your personality).

So WHY do you go throught the above things? All just to GET FROM POINT A TO POINT B.
Personally, the above, esp the money, is the reason why i have chosen to not get another car - for me it's just not worth it.