Why is the number of guests always greater than that of the active members?

Luke1993

They may be too shy to make accounts :)

I lurked here for some time because of that.

Come on guests, what's the worst that could happen? JOIN US!

I think for someone with severe SA, creating a profile on a forum could be a huge scary step, even with the anonymity factor.

Some of them are just too lazy to make an account. I used to do it too hahaha.

But they are also thinking that they might find an answer here so they check it out.

Last edited:

hangbi92

They may be too shy to make accounts :)

I lurked here for some time because of that.

Come on guests, what's the worst that could happen? JOIN US!

I think for someone with severe SA, creating a profile on a forum could be a huge scary step, even with the anonymity factor.

maybe. But even a very super extremely extraordinary shy SAD boy like me can create an account and join this forum 'cause I know everyone here is same as me and they sympathize wiz me.
And i find it really fun chatting online and commenting on this forum.
So to anyone lurking outside who read this, feel free to join 'cause noone will do anything to you

WearyChild

I think its mostly alot of them get refered to our topics from google searches and just want to read our ideas. I read tons of forums and it wasn't until I actually wanted to reply to one really badly that I was like grrr got to make an account.

They just don't wanna post here, because they are afraid of judgements?
I guess this is a bravo for the members on here, we all made the first step.:)

Edit: Or probably they don't want to be found on Google, because this is an Open forum.

Last edited:

Feathers

hehe, I sometimes don't log in either, because I don't want to be 'pulled into the black hole of spw' :) (where time disappears magically and you end up answering posts for hours even though you just wanted to 'take a peek'...) I only log in if I really want to answer someone or check up on PMs etc.

But yeah I was surprised by the number too.. hmm? (never looked at it before really..)
I wonder if they also count 'robots' or 'spiders' crawling the nets - for example Google robot to index things, so they can be found by Google etc. When I was on another tinier forum, it was really funny - sometimes there were just a few people and more bots than people.. (Google, Yahoo, etc) But I don't know if these are counted here too, or not?

I sometimes read forums before joining too... One can sometimes lose track of all the forums and passwords etc. After joining some forums and not posting then, I kinda understand the people who just read too - though it would be nice if you'd join in and post something too, yeah! :)
Maybe they are also friends or relatives of people with sa or such, trying to figure out some things..

I wonder if they also count 'robots' or 'spiders' crawling the nets - for example Google robot to index things, so they can be found by Google etc. When I was on another tinier forum, it was really funny - sometimes there were just a few people and more bots than people.. (Google, Yahoo, etc) But I don't know if these are counted here too, or not?

I would say bots are counted- in fact, I'm positive that when there were over 1,000 viewing about a year ago (the highest ever), almost all of them were bots. I sometimes make a habit of checking the "Who's online" page, and it tells you what everyone is viewing, including guests (I'm not sure if this is true for all registered members, maybe just mods), and that day (I was online at the time) they were all viewing the same thing, like the chatbox or something silly like that.