Why is it easier for women?

RedRibbons

Why is it assumed that it's easier for women to get men, than for men to get a women?

And if it is in fact easier for women to get men, than for men to get women.. Why is that?

(Side Note: If women are getting men.. Then clearly men must be getting women.. But let's discuss this..)

What are your thoughts? lol

i think its easier because guys have always been the ones to have to go after a female, although timea are rapidly chaging. lol. Its a common misconception that girls feel the worse when relationships are through. It takes so long to get a girl u like, and then when u guys break up for w/e reason, i think we go on for a while longer jus lamenting and asking ourselves "WTF????!!!!" So its a bit harder to go after a girl u like, knowing hat theres a possibility that, they both might get screwed in the long run

Argamemnon

I think it's a bit easier because women don't have to approach, but I'm sure that there are also love shy women out there who avoid relationships like the plague.

RedRibbons

Interesting. Being a woman.. I know that I am stupid shy to ask anyone out, or even hint that I like them. I don't know if other women have that similar problem?

There might be more pressure on a man to ask a woman out.. So men are asking women out more often than women are asking men out.. Possibly? The shy ones (of either sex), end up dating a lot less than those who aren't as shy.. I don't know if that means that women have it easier?

Cause guys have so much testosterone, it makes them crazy! So they're more likely to go after women than women after men.

But even if someone's hitting on you, SA can screw things up, cause it just makes you freak out and run away. :eek:

thor01

I think in general it is easier for women, because like others mentioned its usually men who are expected to approach, and women seem to like more confident men.

It seems to me that a woman could just look nice, and still get loads of attention from men weather or not shes confident or shy, but unconfident men may be avoided no matter what they look like. At least that's what I notice, unless I just don't look attractive enough either, I don't know. I would guess its the confidence.

Last edited:

Ashiene

A pretty woman can drive any man, young or old, wild with lust. But women are only partly attracted to a man's handsomeness, and she also considers his personality. Men tend to consider looks over personality in women.

Argamemnon

Interesting. Being a woman.. I know that I am stupid shy to ask anyone out, or even hint that I like them. I don't know if other women have that similar problem?

There might be more pressure on a man to ask a woman out.. So men are asking women out more often than women are asking men out.. Possibly? The shy ones (of either sex), end up dating a lot less than those who aren't as shy.. I don't know if that means that women have it easier?
I don't know, if some girl asked me out (LOL), I would turn her down politely.. or I would make it clear that I'm not into relationships. I feel so miserable around people that it's pointless to even think about relationships.

Last edited:

JonnyD

interesting, i remember a while ago, before i "retired" here, a girl told that she could not see how its harder to men then to women.

I think the dating and finding somebody to have a romantic relationship with is easier to women, in the sense of shyness, for women you "just" need to be willing to put yourself out there. good or not, in our society men must be socially proactive, we are the ones that must take the first steps - that maybe sexist, but thats a social rule.

To women, its easier you just need to try to make a good impression and be out there, and you really don't need to look like a top model there are 6.6 billion people in the world each one with different "tastes" and views.

Generally people like us , with SA or just too much shyness tend to think of the first steps as the most important thing , its important, but have you thought about how many people split up? sure, feeling attraction is a big part of the relationship, but there is a lot more

Ericisme

Because women control men when it comes to that, usually. For me, on dating sites and such, men outnumber women 3-1. So it's like a lineup for women. I mean, I'm... kinda... a slave when it comes to women. When there is one I like, I can do almost anything for her.

But then again... men... are... jerkholes. Na, forget what I said. It's harder for women. Most men are jerkholes so for a none-jerkhole girl(usually with SA) it is harder to find a none-jerkhole man. I constantly hear of even men with SA being jerkholes. Just heard one today, a guy left his girlfriend for World of Worldcraft... :eek: I hope that guy dies alone. I had this one friend on MSN, he was sitting there calling these girls "projects" or something like that. He was just trying to make some girls like him for totally wrong reasons, I was so angry, I just deleted and ignored him then. Ha, don't know where I met him at, I'll laugh if he sees this.

bagota50

I think women do have to be just pretty and men will fawn over them,(That is why some are so quick to dismiss a man approaching them, it happens to them very often and they are desensitized to the whole process) but if they are very shy, it could make the man think she was a snob, had "issues", or that she was not interested in him.
If a women had S.A, being approached would no doubt escalate her anxiety.

Also people have said that men are more superficial then women, this is true in the looks department, but many women seem to have very high standards.
Read the personals ads, see what some women demand in a man and you will probably be crest-fallen.

However, unattractive or obese women seem to often be ignored by men, so you could not say women have it easier in that department either.

There is no way to say who has it easier or harder, it depends on the individual.

HH

I saw a program a few weeks ago where these three people each tried a different way of dating. One girl tried internet dating, another woman tried a dating agency and a guy tried speed dating and just going up to women in the street and chatting to them (poor sod).

Anyway, the girl who tried internet dating got over 30 messages in one day and was on a date with someone from the site the next!!!! I've been on a dating site for months and not a sniff of a date yet. :mad:

The poor bloke who did the speed dating didn't get much action either-well, none to be exact.