Why do you date?

commenter39

First is it the same thing someone being your gf/bf and your date?
And why do u date, to have good time, to know him/her, just because u find that person attractive or just to date?
I wonder because i usually find it a waste of time if u do not have feelings for her/him, and i know most couples do not have much feelings for each other, anyone agrees with me?

TheSanctuarian

Dating is the stage before you call them Bf/Gf. the "dating" stage could also be called seeing someone. where you see if they are worth going out with.

MrJones

I don't date (it's not a choice lol).

But if i did, it would be because I could see something important was going on. I don't want to date just to date.

A lot of people date just because they don't want to be single, some people can't be alone. And some people date just because they want sex.

PS: why in the medication forum? :p

coyote

because i like to be in her company

and because it's more fun to do things with each other than to do them on our own

(and some things you need a partner for)

I don't date (it's not a choice lol).

But if i did, it would be because I could see something important was going on. I don't want to date just to date.

A lot of people date just because they don't want to be single, some people can't be alone. And some people date just because they want sex.

PS: why in the medication forum? :p

Pretty much this.

upndwn

I stopped dating years ago, it just wasn't doing anything for me. Most of the girls I never heard from again and some just wanted to be friends.

A friend

The way I see it, if you don't find true love, then there is something far better out there for you-There has to be.

If love the greatest thing in life, then why is it SO ****ING HARD TO GET?!

It's not right that somebody should be depressed because they're single, they should be happy with what they have.

da_illest101

I never dated in my life, yet I already had a gf. I would simply date someone that I know is or want to be my gf. I don't see myself dating random or people I don't know very well

Mokkat

Never had a date, and I doubt I ever will unless a girl asks me out. Too anxious and avoidant to ask a girl out, or even make an online dating profile

awkwardamanda

Uuuuuummmmmmm...I don't date.

I had a boyfriend once, but we were friends first so I really can't say that we "dated." Haven't gone on a single date with anyone else. But as others have said, I wouldn't want to date just for the sake of dating. If I were to go on a date I would have to be attracted to the guy. I really don't like the thought of just going on a date for the hell of it if I'm not really interested. The point of the dating is to get to know someone but I think there would have to be at least a minor attraction before agreeing to go out. But what do I know? I never get the opportunity to go out on dates anyway. I never even have to decide whether or not I want to.

Beyond Timid

I've never dated, but if I did, it would be because just for the fact that I want someone to genuinely like me with my AvPd. I want to feel accepted and loved by someone.

You (thinking): Like hell that's gonna happen.