Why do so many women hate the word "panties"?

Hoppy

In the old days pants were men's underwear, and what we call pants today were trousers.

I do believe panties is a better word than bloomers. Or maybe even briefs.

The girl that works with me calls it panties. And she has got thirty, 6 of the same color. Why on earth do people tell me things like that?

onehandclapping

don't see the problem with it. find it kind of endearing actually. its fun, and i'm sure between partners it could sound sexy during foreplay.
I dunno, but I tend to find people that are really opposed to it a little fussy/finnicky or at worst stuck up, snooty.

BlueWeepingRose

I don't really see a problem with it, but I usually say underwear.

I've known woman in the past who's gotten offended by the word though.

Xervello

Probably because it has the same phoneticism of the word pu$$y. I'm only speculating, but I'm guessing women are prolly 50/50 on that word, as well.

I think it is an American word, they were always called undies where I grew up.
^Same here. It's either undies or knickers here.
I only came across the word panties when I saw an American refer to them on tv.

I don't know why someone would hate the word panties though.:idontknow:

I can tell you about mine, but it's nowhere near as sexy.

Boxers or briefs? :p

Do women's underwear come in more different styles than men's? There are so many different types - boy shorts, bikini cut, thongs, and those other ones I wouldn't look twice at, like... waist control or something? Different types of those ones. But men's underwear seems to be available as boxer, brief, or boxer-briefs. Women always seem to have more choice when it comes to clothing in general.

I suppose it's not culturally acceptable for a man to show more skin. It's about basic, comfortable coverage, where for women it's about choosing what looks sexy on you.

Kiwong

Thong_zps33970dba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This thong would look sexier on me if I had a matching pair. A thong on one foot - not sexy.

Boxers or briefs? :p

Most men like keeping it simple, pick one that works and stick with it :thumbup: You women have so many choices in panties styles it's almost confusing. Do women ever switch styles like from thongs to bikini's? Like I used to wear old school boxers then I switched to boxer briefs and ain't looked back. Do gals do that sort of thing too? :thinking: