Who's Desperate?

Ditto, I have been for a while now, some days I can but it off and not think about it, other days it is draining.

Lorraine Manca

i always feel alone no matter what. i think maybe the feeling has lifted for a total of ten minutes in my entire life. you're not alone in being alone? but that doesnt help!

i didnt know wisconsin was in michigan

Ericisme

i always feel alone no matter what. i think maybe the feeling has lifted for a total of ten minutes in my entire life. you're not alone in being alone? but that doesnt help!

i didnt know wisconsin was in michigan

Yea, I'm so desperate I've been trying dating sites for the past few years, nothing yet. I recently tried at them again, cuz of something reminding me how much I want somebody.

I live in Michigan, techincally, but I literally live next to the brdge that brings me to Wisconsin, and everyone here worships the Packers. Plus it's the U.P., not many people know what that is, so I'd say it's just Northern Wisconsin.

Damaged

Im not desperate for a boyfriend, im just desperate to get better. It doesn't bother me much that im alone, i like being alone.

agoraphobickatie

In a perfect world for me I would have this: A woman who I am attracted too and she is attracted to me, we have sex, only sex with each other...nobody else. No drugs, disease free, no strings attached. It would be basically like we were dating but we are not. I cannot handle the stress of a relationship right now. That is why I need the above mentioned, you know someone to hang out with and do all the thing that u would do in a relationship but only you are not officially dating therefor u would have nobody to answer too. But of course like I said this would be in a perfect world and both parties involved would have to 100% agree to what I have stated above.

you crack me up!!! this is what i may call a daily booty call! lmao! :)

anyway.. i'm actually with barry, kinda.. i have my options, i'm just picky right now.. i'm not trying to date anybody seriously, but i'll have my 'friend with benefits' over if i want to mess around or something, HAHA! we're just good friends who can talk to eachother about our dating lives and then make out if we feel like it.. it's great! lmao... but what i'm desperate for is to get better.. i'd love to be okay and gain confidence so THEN i can think about dating someone..... but i'm not one to ever look for love anyway, maybe it'll kick me in the ass and force me to overcome this agoraphobia?! let's do this! haha :)

Lorraine Manca

I would not say that I am desperate because I have options (women wise) its just that I am wayyyy too picky. But yes I am about tired of being alone. In a perfect world for me I would have this: A woman who I am attracted too and she is attracted to me, we have sex, only sex with each other...nobody else. No drugs, disease free, no strings attached. It would be basically like we were dating but we are not. I cannot handle the stress of a relationship right now. That is why I need the above mentioned, you know someone to hang out with and do all the thing that u would do in a relationship but only you are not officially dating therefor u would have nobody to answer too. But of course like I said this would be in a perfect world and both parties involved would have to 100% agree to what I have stated above.

you should be a lawyer. does she have to sign anything?

i dont think having a partner in crime solves the "alone" problem. you're still 20,000 leagues under the sea either way. and that giant squid is still there.

Ericisme

Like AgoraphobicKatie said, having somebody in your life could help push you forward and through your problems.

I would love to have somebody like me, with social anxiety disorder, depression, etc. Then we can work through our problems together, I just think that would be fun. Hell, just dreaming of it is enough for some people to help themselves out of it.

Lorraine Manca

Like AgoraphobicKatie said, having somebody in your life could help push you forward and through your problems.

I would love to have somebody like me, with social anxiety disorder, depression, etc. Then we can work through our problems together, I just think that would be fun. Hell, just dreaming of it is enough for some people to help themselves out of it.

depression is so common, so that idea is not unrealistic. i feel alone around the people in my life because i can tell my state of mind is so different from theres. i gravitate toward sad people, whether they're sick or divorced, but they're still in a different section of hell. thats why i come to this site, its the same section of hell, even if we're scattered all across the world, the state of mind is similar enough to where its a little less lonely. i mean all this in good humor!!! i wish you the best eric, i know its no fun

I'm desperate, which makes the ladies desperate to find someone else.

Well, that would be the case if they would even give me a chance in the first place.

I dont mind being alone for now, cuz i have my family and some friends..but i giuess the time will come when i'll want more.. or feel desperate cuz i dotn have it..

Jannah

Banned
Yeah me too, I want social interaction more than anything. But it's like the harder I try the more disappointed I get and when I least expect it, something happens. But the loneliness is unbearable at times.

Ignace

Not really desperate, maybe with someone who has sa too, but where do you find that in this little country, they're already rare. But a relationship with a "normal" girl would be impossible, but offcourse, a try is never a bad thing.

coyote

...it's the U.P., not many people know what that is, so I'd say it's just Northern Wisconsin.

The Porcupine Mountains are one of the most beautiful places on earth....shhh, don't let anyone know.

Dude, no wonder you're lonely - aren't all Yoopers lonely?

Seriously, though....

When I was 22 years old, I was really lonely and desperate - never thought I'd be confident enough to meet women, etc. So I went and married the first woman who came along - told myself I was in love.

I regretted it later, but continued to avoid the problem, because I didn't ever feel as though I had any other options. The marriage lasted 12 years, and I was miserable for most of it.

Take your time - you'll find someone. It's better to be lonely than living in a bad relationship just to be with someone.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
At this point in my life I'm so used to being alone that it's just normal for me. I don't feel desperate, or pressured, or have any particular deadline to meet. I've dated some girls, even thought one was The One for a while. Been through that and over it, so at least now I know I won't make the mistake of being in love with being in love instead of the girl herself.