Who says ''i love you'' first?

TooShyShy

I am wondering when (past or present relationships) it happened for all of you and who said I LOVE YOU first..was it you or your partner..and how many weeks/months did it take?

All my friends told me their boyfriends/hubbys all said it first..some after a few weeks, others after a few months and then their man proposed marriage with in a year of dating :)

Considering that those 3 words have been known to send a man running off faster than the road runner:eek:, I would imagine most girls would wait for the man to say it!?:D

lyricalliaisons

I've never been in that position, but I know that I would definitely never say it first. Like Paula said, I'd be too afraid of rejection.

BlackKids

Blah to rejection. Its all part of the game and kinda fun I guess. Don't take it personally and move on. Unless it goes as you planned.
I say you go for it, that goes for anything. Properly not on the first date though ;)

lunarla

I've only said it to one person and we both just sort of came to the conclusion that we loved each other together (even though that sounds mega lame). I think he brought it up, but I had been thinking the exact same thing around that time. I just hadn't said it yet. And it wasn't really like, "I love you." It was kinda like, "Hey, I think I basically love you." But I wouldn't have it any other cheesy way really. And I also don't think it's necessary to say it all the time because then it loses it's meaning. If you just throw it out there just to throw it out there. So now, when it issss said it means a whole lot.

I said it first and got rejected. Once in real, and once online. It just made me feel 100x worse. I'll never say it again that's for sure.

Emily_G

My hubby said it first, I think a week into our relationship. He proposed after 2 yrs of dating, a then we got married a yr after that :)

mrb

me after the first ten min of meeting someone , in fact last week i was out shopping and this lovely woman was waiting at a bus stop , i stared in awe at her she saw me looking at her and just looked away when i got right up close to her nearly walking past her she looked at me again , i said yes im still looking at you , i think im in love with you will you marry me :D we both laughed and i carried on walking . and we had never spoke or seen each other b4 ....... yes i know lol im terrible arnt i ::eek:: ::p:

Lost Girl

He said it first. It was the third day after meeting each other. I was about to leave him because I thought he was too good for me...or that I wasn't good enough for him ... he begged me not to leave, starting crying, and said he was in love with me and wanted to marry me, spend the rest of his life with me and have children. Eight years on we're still together. It took me longer to say I loved him though...a couple of months I think, even though we were living together... I remember being scared that if I said I loved him that he would see how weak I was and not want me anymore. Silly woman ay :rolleyes:.

mrb

He said it first. It was the third day after meeting each other. I was about to leave him because I thought he was too good for me...or that I wasn't good enough for him ... he begged me not to leave, starting crying, and said he was in love with me and wanted to marry me, spend the rest of his life with me and have children. Eight years on we're still together. It took me longer to say I loved him though...a couple of months I think, even though we were living together... I remember being scared that if I said I loved him that he would see how weak I was and not want me anymore. Silly woman ay :rolleyes:.

you know what ;) that was a lovely story , im glad things worked out for you ... nice to see a happy ending lol :D

teandtoast

me after the first ten min of meeting someone , in fact last week i was out shopping and this lovely woman was waiting at a bus stop , i stared in awe at her she saw me looking at her and just looked away when i got right up close to her nearly walking past her she looked at me again , i said yes im still looking at you , i think im in love with you will you marry me :D we both laughed and i carried on walking . and we had never spoke or seen each other b4 ....... yes i know lol im terrible arnt i ::eek:: ::p:

haha you may aswell be direct...who knows your luck

EgoZero

Aww, such a sweet and beautiful story, really happy for you.

EgoZero

I've never said "I love you" to anyone, but now when I think about it. That **** seems scary xD