Who feels lonely when they lay down at night?

vwturbodriver

Does anyone else pretty much make it through the day okay but then as soon as things calm down and you get into bed you feel completely alone? The single thing I miss most about having a gf was cuddling. I have concluded that i just strive on physical connection. Idk I was just wondering who else has this problem?

Does anyone else pretty much make it through the day okay but then as soon as things calm down and you get into bed you feel completely alone? The single thing I miss most about having a gf was cuddling. I have concluded that i just strive on physical connection. Idk I was just wondering who else has this problem?

Yeah. I thrive for that connection to.
But I don't feel lonely only at night. I feel it from the moment I get up until the next morning.

thegunners21

I know what you mean. I think about it all the time(eating, sitting, watching tv), but it actually fully sinks in when i am about to fall asleep

vwturbodriver

I've never had a boyfriend, but I always imagine the physical connection that comes with having one :) I would love to experience it, but I'm so afraid

awww it you are the that type of person it feels pretty freaking awesome. And why are you soo afraid? With me its not about being afraid I just feel like i have this social Handicap when I talk to girls... I guess part of it is being afraid. I find it difficult to walk up to a cute girl but its becuase I know i will say the wrong thing a mess it all up.

Patrick26

Nope, my nights are fine. I don't really want a girl, i just want lots and lots of sex, and people to hang out with. I'm a typical male and i talk about sex all the time. I guess it's just where i am at right now, but when i see a woman the first thing i look at is her boobs. Like i said, it's just where i am at right now. I'm sure one day it will change but not today, and not tomorrow.

Kiwong

No I don't feel alone, but I am at my most vulnerable to the runaway train of thoughs that invade my mind. I often don't sleep well.

Kinetik

There's nothing that actively keeps me awake at night and I'm usually asleep within 10 minutes or so. I'm single at the moment so of course I do miss intimacy and sex, but my previous relationships have been so laden with problems that I'm now careful about what I wish for. I'd love to have a really deep connection with a girl without any maliciousness, jealousy, rage, or mind-games involved. I don't feel like I deserve any of that; I'm a good dude. In that sense I do yearn for something simple. But I suppose that's a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I've never had a boyfriend, but I always imagine the physical connection that comes with having one :) I would love to experience it, but I'm so afraid
^ Definitely this for me too. I don't always feel lonely when I go to bed at night, but when I do, it hits me pretty hard.

Illusions

Sometimes it hits me out of nowhere, despite the fact that I get through the day feeling fine. I could survive without a partner, but it would be nice to have someone be there for you in a romantic sense. I suppose my time will come someday... assuming there's someone out there who's willing to put up with me. :p

U

userremoved

No. I mostly just feel it when I see happy couples, and even then it’s usually a fleeting feeling.

Yeah thats usually when it would bother me. Like at the movies or eating at a restaurant on weekends. The good thing is they dont see me.

MrJones

Usually I'm too tired when I go to bed, but yes, I'd love someone to hold in my arms and whisper beautiful things in her ear until we fall asleep. Tonight I feel so lonely ... ::(:

Lanciao37

I sleep fine. Its during the day I feel lonely, Sometimes I witness something amazing and wish someone else was there to see it with me, You know to share the moment? But other days Its nice to be alone.

Lonelykitsune

Actually when I'm in bed is the only time I don't really care about my SA. I don't like people watching me sleep. Maybe thats why I always hated sleep-overs. I find the day worse cos everyonecan see what a loner I am.

Shant

Yes, but I'm usually lonely anyways. Laying down at night is irrelevant. Actually, most of the time I just get in bed and try to fall asleep right away. Then again, I'm only 19, if that means anything.

I've never even tried to get a girlfriend, so I don't know what I'm missing out on, in terms of love and/or loneliness.

I can imagine I would enjoy being near someone who understands me and vice versa, but I'd never find anyone like that. It's a pipe dream at best. Besides, that's just my imagination; I can't even know for sure that it would be as great as it sounds in reality.

deadend

My girlfriend left for an internship out of state a few months back. Yeah, it can be a lonely feeling.

we_r_eternal

what exactly are you afraid of in regards to a relationship/connection? i have the same prob but not the fear of connection or relationship, but more in the way of a girl rejecting me or humiliating me when i first approach- thats always the hardest part, and if you can get through that things always seem to smooth out...

Kiwong

Sometimes I lay down and feel depressed and ask myself "So this is my life, how did it get like this."

But not so much lately, because I have many things to look forward to.

IGotSeoul

I often have to physically and mentally exhaust myself to go to sleep. so usually my last thought is my face slamming against a pillow.

though I sometimes feel the sense of being alone when I wake up, subsequent to a nice dream.