Who else is ugly?

princess_haru

jinxed said:
I have thought men who are not what would be classified as goodlooking or even a little less than that to other women and they were still attractive/cute to me
I'm often very attracted to people who aren't stereotypically attractive. Give me Alan Rickman's intelligence and velvet voice over Brad Pitt's boring sixpack any day *licks Alan's big sexy nose* :D

I think a lot of what attracts people to each other is based on personal taste, really. People at work were talking about which celebs they fancy the other day and hardly anyone agreed with anyone else. I mentioned Johnny Depp and got one "mmm, yeah" and a chorus of "ack, no" from the rest of the room. One girl said "he just looks like an average guy" which surprised me a little, as I've always thought he has very unusual looks (probably his heritage, he's part Native American and part German I think). A lot of the guys the other girls were drooling over, I wouldn't look twice at. Not that they're ugly - they're just not my taste!

Aside from personal taste, presentation is a big factor. Even someone with "perfect" model looks can be rendered unattractive by badly fitting clothes, an unflattering hairstyle, lack of personal hygiene/grooming or a nasty attitude (especially that last one - someone who's aggressive and arrogant becomes very ugly, in my eyes). I always find that if I take the time to do something with my hair in the mornings, I feel more confident and attractive, whereas if I leave it in its natural state (a frizzy mess!) I feel just the opposite.

zootdroop

I just never understood how some people are thought of as more attractive or more beautiful than someone else or someone being called ugly. What is ugly anyway?...I don't know. Personally I don't think there's such a thing as ugly as far as someone's natural look is concerned. But someone can be ugly to me cause of what they wear or hairstyle they have or girls that wear too much makeup or just have a really obnoxious personality and the way the carry themselves. Just look in that "post your pics" thread with people saying they don't like how they look and then I see a picture of them and just don't get what they are talking about. It's all with your perception of yourself, not someone else's that makes you feel ugly...I don't know...but for me personally, I've never thought I was ugly really, though I used to be afraid people would perceive me as ugly or weird looking. Still do, that's been my problem. I think all girls are cute and I'm just a weird creepy looking male, so why would some cute girl wanna be around me? I don't know.

recluse

Is it just me but does any of you guys get jealous when you see guys like Brad Pitt with their perfect bodies?

milo001

recluse said:
Is it just me but does any of you guys get jealous when you see guys like Brad Pitt with their perfect bodies?

i'm a girl.but i did envy other girls who is pretty and have a lot of friends.because this is what i don't have. :(

sketchy24

Well IMO, they do look better so its not really false. I know I'm ugly... well I would say awkward more than plain ugly... I mean... Steve Bushemie or whatever his name is... thats ugly... I'm more ugly in the way McLovin is ugly... whos more awkward that flat ugly.

And I don't get jealous persay of other guys who look better persay... envious yes, jealous no.

faithnomore

Banned
sketchy24 said:
Well IMO, they do look better so its not really false. I know I'm ugly... well I would say awkward more than plain ugly... I mean... Steve Bushemie or whatever his name is... thats ugly... I'm more ugly in the way McLovin is ugly... whos more awkward that flat ugly.

And I don't get jealous persay of other guys who look better persay... envious yes, jealous no.

People can act false, and think they are better than they are ("get too big for their boots") I swear if i ever got really popular, i would never become arrogant or pretentious. I cant understand why it goes to their heads!? I for one have never wanted attention, because i find it mentally tiring.

You see... I'm 37 and never had a girlfriend... I think that means something ¿doesn't it?

And when the typical good-willed-person-who-helps-weak tells me the typical "hey! beauty comes from the inside!" I think in my innerself: "good! then what if you are ugly in the inside too?!(just like happens with me)"

Anyway, i think it is equally unfair to value a person from his/her look or from his/her psicho-emotional appearence... they are all things that we can't control or choose. For example: if you unfortunately happen to have SP ¿WHAT?
I'm not self secure, I'm shy, insecure, fragile in the inside... my experience tells me no girl or woman wants somebody like me. Just tell me you girls of this site ¿Is it right or not? ¿Who of you would engage with an insecure, shy, unspeakable guy?

Argamemnon

Despite being told that I'm certainly not ugly and even good-looking, I have always felt ugly. But then, I'm a person with a very low self-esteem. Sometimes, when I feel depressed and look in the mirror, I feel like committing suicide. But when you feel so depressed, it's only natural that you won't look attractive. And I'm a person who gets depressed often.

ljwwriter

aldebe said:
For a man:

There is no such a thing........! No matter how fat, hot smelly, how big nose, how short- tall, ugly, stupid etc.................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't blush, talk strait, look in the eye, be a stable and remember, you have to make her shy..! you are done..!!!!!!

For a woman:

?

All that's highly doubtful, especially considering that women are more "picky" when it comes to choosing mates by nature. Men are the ones who will take anything they can get...mainly because their interest in the opposite sex often stems from rather impulsive sexual desires which know few bounds.
And ha! As if not blushing, talking straight, eye contact, and stability comes naturally for any one of us guys on this site. If it did there wouldn't be constant posts created by lonely guys who want nothing more than a girlfriend.

Anyway, personally I do feel downright ugly. The mirror is not my friend by any means. I've overheard girls putting down my looks in the past and it hurt. I don't know why I cared because I'm gay as a pink thong and had no interest in them whatsoever. Also I remember one of the girls who put me down looked like a female hunchback of Notre Dame and had no room to open those blackened lips of hers to put anyone else down for their looks.
I think being gay and ugly may be even worse. That's a whole other story, however.

All I can do these days is try not to gaze upon my reflection for too long to spare me some confidence before I venture out into the world. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself in the reflective surface of my car or some glass at a store and I can barely stand the sight of myself. I know I'm odd-looking. I try to ignore it. It's the best I can do.

w*n*c*a*m

I am more envious with people who are not that attractive but with lots of friends. Like me for instance, most people say I am pretty and yes I could agree with them... but when I'm with people who are very confident and doesn't care how they look, I feel very shameful. At the back of my mind I say to myself "So yeah you're prettier than them but that's the only thing you've got. Without that face you are nothing!". Plus being attractive worsens my condition, I hate being noticed, so basically I just spend my time in our house. But the worst thing is, some people interprets my being a loner as being a snob! (How about that?!)

So you see, being "ugly" is not the main problem here. it's the confidence, the personality. There are many people there who are considered "ugly", but they are loved by many.

miss_amy

I don't think I'm ugly as such but I do have a warped self image and find it difficult to actally see a realistic view of myself. Pictures of me warp in to grotesque images and the reflection in the mirror changes daily depending on my mood. Just wish I knew what was real and what was my head playing tricks..I really do not know what I look like.

Richey

Rodox said:
I am average at best,if you passed me by the street you wouldnt look twice.

Yup i'd have to say that sincerely describes my situation too not that i'm all too bothered by it now days, and i realised this the other day when i walked into a clothing store and suddenly a bunch of taller more solid looking guys walked in and these girls couldn't stop giggling and blushing over them. you start to discover the real differences in the physical instances of peoples reaction to you initially compared to others ....

i'm more your skinny semi-casual clothing, black jeans, i'm obsessed with only wearing black jeans at the moment, a hoodie top, cool t-shirt, little bit of firm wax in hair but not overloaded and gelled up or the over-styled walking advertisement like the "metrosexual" style that many younger guys go for these days, how they all look the same .. ...

you get an idea of the image girls have in their heads of the guys they fantasize about ..and its understandable but again that a cliched way of looking at the world, i think this just stems from a little bitterness and jealousy on my part

the best thing is to not not focus on it, just distract yourself from letting it get in the way of your goals ...you can always experiment on your looks, go and ask for advice at salons for products that may suit your particular type of hair, visit some clothing stores and try on clothes you may have looked at twice at that you think you'd like and ask them for advice, because you may be stuck in a rut of routine in wearing the same old clothes you've stayed loyal to ..

exercise, buy a cheap indoor bike, go for walks, lift weights ..eat well, its all you can do ..