Who are you attracted to?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Possums. I like the cut of their jib. Rrrrrr.

I'd like to say it's their soft hair and big, dark, eyes, but I have to confess... it's their ability to play dead that really gets me going.
iu

FriendlyShadow

Sameness is boring. I think that shows such as The Bachelor are relevant to this thread where everyone does their best to fit the standard mold
rs_560x415-140106194456-1024.The-Bachelor-Juan-Pablo-Galavis.ms.010614_copy.jpg

Yeah, I don't watch that show and the picture just proves that all the people included in it seem very vain, materialistic phonies. Honestly, I don't feel any attraction to these people because they do look ALL the same. Not one of them stands out to me looks distinctive in the photo or has very little maintenance about themselves. Not one person stands out to me in the picture. I'd probably, and this is just me, but I'd feel very awkward around someone taller than me in a relationship as I forgot to mention. Someone who's also muscular/toned and highly attractive makes me intimidated. I know that was a bit off topic, but I just wouldn't... feel right I mean I'd feel like I'm pretty much their pretty little doll to them because they have advantage of me. I'd feel more comfortable of guys who are the same height at least.

Last edited:

Monkish1

I am attracted to people of European ancestry, who are tall and strong. I seem to attract eccentric people, though that is not my intention. I do believe that physical attributes are important for finding a genetically viable mate (it's been shown that scent indicates immune system make-up, for example). Appearance seems to mean next to nothing when it comes to character, however. Fortunately, my husband fits the bill.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Sameness is boring. I think that shows such as The Bachelor are relevant to this thread where everyone does their best to fit the standard mold
rs_560x415-140106194456-1024.The-Bachelor-Juan-Pablo-Galavis.ms.010614_copy.jpg

Yea while most of these people are physically attractive, all it takes is watching them and hearing them speak for a short time and I know I could never be in a relationship with them.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I don't like male model types either. I like a guy who is a bit shy/introverted, artistic, creative, mysterious, kind-hearted, caring, understanding, loving, a little weird and off beat, interesting, kind of nerdy and has a really good sense of humor (dark humor, mostly). Humor is really important to me - sometimes life is so ****ed up all you can do is laugh. Physically, green eyes, black hair, not really skinny or too short (shorter than me) is really attractive to me - I like tall guys. While I can agree that looks are important to a certain extent, I value who a person is and having a strong connection with them more.

Also, (this might be true for most women) I like feeling like a guy can protect me. That's kind of a big turn on for me.

I love a partner I can laugh with. It's probably one of the biggest things for me.
I agree it's who the person is that is extremely important.

AGR

Not going to lie,lately I am very attracted to some vietnamese people,I like that they can look really beautiful but still have that simple look........plus being around japanese people for such a long time they look very exotic to me....

KooKies

I have found I am attracted to both men & women for reasons I never knew I could be.

Sometimes they are perceived as being "society hot" but have that extra somethin somethin I feel drawn to. A sparkle in their eye, or how they hold themselves, their stance, their confidence, the way they walk, what they do, how they interact ect ect

Their height, their size. For example: I like a Chris Evans muscular man (not raging hulk muscles, but some meat), & find myself attracted to larger women. Like WTF!?!? lol

I LoVe to observe people! & I also love to learn what our instinctual habits are, one's that we cannot help. I am a 6 foot women, & I have dated men that were shorter than me but I must say, I do prefer a man that is taller than I am, & huskier.

Psychologically, women are hard wired to want that protection from a man. (this of course does not account for everyone) Again, a man that is 5'9 with no perceived muscle doesn't mean he is NOT strong. I mean most of my 11 year old male cousins, could get me down in a headlock in a matter of seconds compared to my own strength. & by this I am by no means stating that other women that have worked at their bodies could not be tackled & Not brought to their knee's. Or that we may be hardwired differently - scientifically the studies between the instinctual attraction between men & women, dating is that it is found quite often that women would like a man whom is taller for protective needs. Hence women carry more fat on their bodies in certain places to bare children, & men have more muscle, to protect.

Attraction can come in other forms as what I have personally stated & the many other poster's but there are reasons why "society hot" is attractive on other instinctive grounds. We subconsciously pick up on things such as, healthy hair, healthy body, wide hips, symmetry in the face ect ect. To bare children. To genetically produce healthy babes & continue life.

It is said that the most attractive people (society hot) are the one's with symmetrical faces..

Sometimes I've found myself NOT attracted to a persons looks, & yet attracted to them for other reasons. That the look of them, smooths out over time... lol I know it sounds silly! I'm sure there may be others out there that understand me. :p

I always tend to go, for the the shy quiet, manly, tall 6'3+ guys. Or they seem to be very attracted to me. I'm sure though if my disposition changes that they may not be the type I attract any longer. Although I don't know about that. I'm not attracted to in, your face personalities. I like the calmer type. Refined. They're like me, quiet, what's going on & what do they know that I don't. But should!! :p

toowilling

When I was younger,I used to be attracted based on the physical attributes, I guess with my age and experience, personality is now number on my list.

NaomiV

Attractiveness doesn't necessarily have to do with appearance. A lot of it is based on personality and your own perception. Also, not everyone has the same standards for what is considered aesthetically pleasing.
I like a guy who is adventurous and strong-willed with a strange sense of humor. I also seem to be attracted to Arabic features.

Last edited:

NaomiV

Very true but there sure is a "sweet spot"

I know. But a lot of times people have argued with me about it. I try to explain that it's a matter of opinion, but they disagree because the majority of people tend to like certain features.
Maybe I'm just odd when it comes to that because I seem to like certain features that others think are ugly, like big noses and thick eye brows. lol

FriendlyShadow

Just going to add in here, I have been attracted to people by their personalities as well, but I don't find typical holly wood male models with little personality to be very attractive. I know plenty of girls my age that love people like Brad Pitt/Chris Hemsworth, and so on, but if you were to ask me if I found them attractive, I'd say no. I think I like people who are odd natured/look weird/are kind/ so on, are the people I'm drawn into more. Some people think I have an odd liking in liking someone who doesn't look conventionally attractive and they all go "Wouldn't you want to be with someone tall, handsome, ect." This is why I can't express myself because people are so shocked by who I think is attractive in my book. I mean even in TV Shows, I noticed how a lot of characters who are in relationships the guy is almost usually the buff, tall, muscular guy and the women is stunningly gorgeous, slim body, ect. Maybe because of my physical appearance, probably people would expect me to be with a guy like that. I mean I'll admit, I hate when people say "You were prettier than anyone else here." because it sounds like I make everyone jealous because I wear a pretty dress, I put on make up, I curled my hair, and I actually hate doing all these things. I don't want to be seen as some girl like I'm in the front cover of a magazine. I am not the most beautiful girl in this world I understand that, even I think there are some other physical attributes about that look weird/deformed. I don't know if by my physical appearance, tall, muscular guys are going to be flocking me a lot because they think I'm good looking.

I think when most people get to know my personality, then it all starts to change.(and it's true most of the time) They can't stand that I'm introverted, the way I talk, and some people just give me these weird looks as if I make the situation awkward.

I'm not attracted to the best looking or the coolest. I need to feel that connection with someone. A mutual understanding. Mutual trust. Mutual admiration.

That 'mind connection' or being on the same wavelength sets the foundation for a more deep and meaningful friendship/relationship.
^ I could not have expressed what I am attracted to any better than this. :thumbup:
I don't see any benefit of being with a guy who is good looking but their personality is shallow or judgemental.

It's always been men who are outgoing and loud (the opposite of me). Appearance-wise, I like it when they are big and tall. My current crush is definitely not tall or big though XD