whining ?

I_Walk_Alone

So why are you whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining about people whining?????

Ah, so the old Whining Paradox rears its ugly head again.

We need someone who can speak this most demonic of tongues to decipher it..;)

doesit

doesit,

you can't compare the problems your parents faced with those dealing with SA. it's an entirely different situation.

some people have no other place to talk about these situations, in real life, so this is a place for them to gather moral support, advice and vent when frustrated.

if you have to ask those questions, then you don't understand the point of this forum, nor do you understand the problems that those here are facing.
first of all i understand the problems people are facing here,just most of them are on the different level.Also i agree that place like this is needed where you can come and express your feelings,but when it becomes habit to come here and say i didnt leave my room for weeks,and everyone replying i feel your pain :) or smth.It becomes another closed circle with no end to it.Id say the real question is how much people here want to change ??because the price of it is very small compared to what you get.

I agree that this forum is a good place to vent for people who don't really have anyone to talk to, but to be honest some people on this forum just seem to complain and when someone offers advice they don't take it. Everybody seems to want some "miracle cure" or something magic and super easy that they can do and they don't listen when good advice (no matter how hard it is to follow) is given.

I noticed that when I try to give pointers and stuff that have worked for me, no-one really listens...

I think what people on this forum really want to hear is not advice and support, but they wanna hear stuff like "I know how you feel" and "I feel your pain"

That's not a bad thing at all, it makes you realize that you're not alone and makes you feel better.

recluse

first of all i understand the problems people are facing here,just most of them are on the different level.Also i agree that place like this is needed where you can come and express your feelings,but when it becomes habit to come here and say i didnt leave my room for weeks,and everyone replying i feel your pain :) or smth.It becomes another closed circle with no end to it.Id say the real question is how much people here want to change ??because the price of it is very small compared to what you get.

Well what can one say? We can't exactly tell the person to get off their ass, get out of the house and talk to people when we are ourselves in no position to do so. If i told someone to do that then i'd be a hypocrite. This site and other similar ones are the only place where most of us can vent. My parents, and sister don't know what goes through my head because i don't want to burden them and make them worried, so i vent to strangers on the internet.

madmike

I'm sorry, but that's what these forums are for. It's called sharing your problems, opening up for debate. I think many people on this forum have lots of inspirational stories, and a lot of the comments/advice is very positive. It's not whining!

And yes, your parents problems and our problems are on a completely differet level. And we all have a right to talk about them if we feel we can't cope by ourselves.

madmike

I agree that this forum is a good place to vent for people who don't really have anyone to talk to, but to be honest some people on this forum just seem to complain and when someone offers advice they don't take it. Everybody seems to want some "miracle cure" or something magic and super easy that they can do and they don't listen when good advice (no matter how hard it is to follow) is given.

I noticed that when I try to give pointers and stuff that have worked for me, no-one really listens...

I think what people on this forum really want to hear is not advice and support, but they wanna hear stuff like "I know how you feel" and "I feel your pain"

That's not a bad thing at all, it makes you realize that you're not alone and makes you feel better.

I think the balance between 'oh, i know how you feel' and 'Try this, it worked for me' is what makes this forum so great. I think eventually i'll get sick of the fact that there's too much understanding and not enough incentive to change on this forum, but initially it's great because it gives you somewhere to go as a social phobic and helps you up again.

doesit

Well what can one say? We can't exactly tell the person to get off their ass, get out of the house and talk to people when we are ourselves in no position to do so. If i told someone to do that then i'd be a hypocrite. This site and other similar ones are the only place where most of us can vent. My parents, and sister don't know what goes through my head because i don't want to burden them and make them worried, so i vent to strangers on the internet.
you can always encourage someone :)
and instead of wenting on internet why not to try to do that in therapy?and the last choice get meds prescribed to you and work you problems from there.

doesit

I'm sorry, but that's what these forums are for. It's called sharing your problems, opening up for debate. I think many people on this forum have lots of inspirational stories, and a lot of the comments/advice is very positive. It's not whining!

And yes, your parents problems and our problems are on a completely differet level. And we all have a right to talk about them if we feel we can't cope by ourselves.
you understood me wrong about the parents idea ;) I dont know here you live or what you do but the whole life is based on money,a normal person wakes up thinking how to make his life better every day and making more money to buy a house have a nice car,lovely wife and a secure future,thats whats driving him.and of course there are people who rather depend on their family and social welfare,sit on their ass cry all day long,because 99% of the real troubles are taken care by someone else.

Pookah

you can always encourage someone :)
and instead of wenting on internet why not to try to do that in therapy?and the last choice get meds prescribed to you and work you problems from there.

Who are you? Seriously. Lol

Do you have SA? Have you "cured" it? Why are you here?

Support groups are a viable psychological tool.

I work my ass off for money to live and help pay for a house, by the way.

Last edited:

doesit

Who are you? Seriously. Lol

Do you have SA? Have you "cured" it? Why are you here?

Support groups are a viable psychological tool.

I work my ass off for money to live and help pay for a house, by the way.
if you didnt understand what i wrote here,and see all the things your way,then good luck in your life.

Pookah

if you didnt understand what i wrote here,and see all the things your way,then good luck in your life.

Cause you are a troll and not trying to make any sense.

The disdain you have for the people venting isn't exactly helpful to them.

Last edited:

LostViking

you understood me wrong about the parents idea ;) I dont know here you live or what you do but the whole life is based on money,a normal person wakes up thinking how to make his life better every day and making more money to buy a house have a nice car,lovely wife and a secure future,thats whats driving him.and of course there are people who rather depend on their family and social welfare,sit on their ass cry all day long,because 99% of the real troubles are taken care by someone else.

Right, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm going to say what I'm about to based on how I interpret the stuff you just said.

To me it sounds like you just split the population of this planet into two groups, and tossed those with SA into the "Social Welfare Whiners"-club. People complain because what you described in the first example (work, house, wife, etc) is something they actually will have to work even harder for than many others. Everyone wants to change, get better, find a job and "get a future", but to get to that point those who suffer from SA will have to scale one hell of a high wall first. Should it be a fairy tale? No, Perfidion is right about what those who can't scale that wall should expect from life.

But to be perfectly fair, you can't blame anyone for whining or complaining. There's probably a whole lot of "young" users here who still live with their parents and don't have to work in the mines 28 hours a day, but they are at the point in their life where Social Anxiety possibly has the ability to cause one train-wreck after another. It's honestly hard to be constructive when you feel like you're fighting an uphill battle, and that you will be unable to live the same sort of life as "regular" people. Is it crap having to work hard to make the ends meet? Sure. Is it crap to feel like you got sent into the world without the same manual that the rest of your species got? Sure. Now add those two together and you'll have a real nice day, because welfare ain't an awesome alternative no matter what it may look like on the outside.

-hermit-

I feel like some people here are just awkward school kids who think they have some thing wrong with them when really they will grow out of it.

doesit

As i said i dont want to offend any one here,i have SA like others here,and sometimes its hard to do simple things and easier to avoid situations when ure feeling like hell in your own body,and its easy to make your life even worser by divorsing from society,but to come back there is even harder.By making this thread i was hooping that some people will try a new aproach to the troubles they are having and maybe its time to start changing,to start thinking about a big picture in their life instead a small ones.

Nicholas

OK here goes :) why do most people here are whining ?

Because that's what we are used to do. In other words, it's a habit, which we will need to break, of course. But it's not that easy. I think getting out of depression, SA, anxiety, etc. is just like quitting smoking, taking drugs, gambling. We are addicted to a bad habit. Quitting smoking seems simple, just stop! Getting out of these psychological problems might seem simple too, but it's NOT.

I just joined this forum too, and I personally didn't expect to find any miraculous solutions here. I just hoped to make some friends who were more similar to me, who would understand, because people like us are not very easy to find in real life. Then I have seen that many seemingly "useless" discussions here can actually be interesting, because some comments make me think a lot and realize things that are not obvious.

litewood1

why did you write into this post?to make people feel even worse than they already do?you're a real piece of work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

workout

Seriously doesit, who are you? If you want CHANGE, why don't you start? It would make great sense if you start a thread that reflects this change. If you go on about why you do this and why you do that, I ask you why are you doing this?

mrb

i whin im always whining ...... but im a horse its the only noise i can make ..... going for a gallop laters