What's your favorite "false company"

The "false" or "fake" company you have, which takes the place of real human company.

My favorites are:
  • Music
  • Radio
  • Tv
  • Web (esp Social Phobia World! :))
  • Animals (chooks, sheep, dogs, cats, birds)
  • Insects (esp flies who crawl all over my skin)
  • Teddy (a small panda bear, that i keep on my bed, that has it's own "bed" that i tuck it into each night)
  • Pillow (my "pillow-girl"; i hug/etc it, imagining it's a woman)
  • Reading (esp novel; i wish i had the patience to read more)
  • Programming

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
If I had to pick one, my favorite would be writing. It has gotten to the point where the characters all feel pretty real to me, so while writing their dialogue and whatnot, I become as immersed as I do reading a well written story by someone else.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
[*]Teddy (a small panda bear, that i keep on my bed, that has it's own "bed" that i tuck it into each night)
[/LIST]

all I can picture is you tucking your teddy in like Mr Bean and his little teddy..making the same sounds... :giggle:

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Gaming (though games worth the money are few and far between these days)
TV
Cinema
Alcohol (though I'm not a drunkard lol)
Music

I was going to put 'nature' but thats real.

Gaming (though games worth the money are few and far between these days)

I'm thinking about starting gaming. I want games that i can get absorbed in, so i'm not bored, and can kill-off the hours pleasantly. I have a PS2, so maybe i'll buy some 2nd-hand games for that? But i could buy a more modern console if i need to. I also have PSPs & games for them.

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'm thinking about starting gaming. I want games that i can get absorbed in, so i'm not bored, and can kill-off the hours pleasantly. I have a PS2, so maybe i'll buy some 2nd-hand games for that? But i could buy a more modern console if i need to. I also have PSPs & games for them.

I don't own a ps2, but whenever I go out looking for gamecube games (part of the same generation) it seems the ps2 games are much cheaper, at least where I am. If you have a goodwill around, you can get a pack of 4 games for like $5 I think.

Just a quick look on amazon and other sites and it looks like the quality games aren't even that outrageously priced ($15-$20 range) which is nice. For Nintendo systems, the big titles are in the $40-$70 range.

theoutsider

Books
Writing
Music
My car (when I go for a long drive along the coast or somewhere, I feel like it's an old faithful companion)

YouTube is becoming my new best friend.
Currently addicted to watching happy families celebrate; Christmas, Thanksgiving, new baby arriving, weddings, and vlogs.

I don't have any family get togethers to go to in my life, so I immerse myself in the recorded lives of other happy families. I feel so pathetic doing it, but it is just sooo soothing to my loneliness.

Mostly books, I have a growing book list right now and wish I could read faster, like Johnny 5.

Also daydreams... ahem... I substitute human interaction with made-up people. I completely disappeared into these daydreams for about 2 hours today, no wonder I feel lonely.