what's the point?

Agent_Violet

do you ever find yourself in the middle of expressing your feelings to someone and you just stop and can't help but think WTF is the point? WHY am i talking about this? nothing ever changes anyway. i can have rainbows and sunshine shooting out of my butt and preach positivity and enlightenment ALL FREAKING DAY LONG but none of it ever changes anything. People still suck.Relationships still suck.the world still sucks.

oooh see the beauty in small stuff...yes Violet, let's do that and try to sustain your existence on that while doing your best to ignore the REALLY HUGE SUCKY THINGS that obliterate the small beautiful things and moments.

I don't know why i'm ranting or what my point is. I've been trying SO hard not to put negativity into the world but all i've been receiving is half a$$ed efforts from people and i'm just tired now. Positivity and Optimism is EXHAUSTING.

ANYONE ELSE???? or am i alone in this too???

dyingtolive

i think positivity and optimism is exhausting and wont last if ur just not positive or optimistic.

but you can be not positive/optimistic and not negative too.

Lemonheadzuccini

I feel like this SO many times too its like everything is a huge cliche', you do things over and over again but things never change and you find yourself saying and doing the same things.As many times as your mood brightens it goes right back to the gutter and people around dont care because its not them BUT! they put on those phony sympathetic faces and ask whats wrong when they know they dont care. When you say "Its going to be the start of something new" you dont realize its just the comma of the story, and the story is about circles. I feel existing is as much torture as never existing or maybe more. Its like why even try to be happy and cheery.

LazyHermitCrab

You talk to someone so you can have a relationship if it's meant to be. Most people i can't get along with and sometimes i don't even try, but there are points i'm surprised when i find that one person in a large crowd. You don't have to be a super positive person because not everyone is gonna be friends with you. Just focus on what matters to you not the people who don't. If you crave more relationships then you have to be interested in others to increase your finding of a meaningful relationship even though a lot of people seem annoying and stuff.

Agent_Violet

You talk to someone so you can have a relationship if it's meant to be. Most people i can't get along with and sometimes i don't even try, but there are points i'm surprised when i find that one person in a large crowd. You don't have to be a super positive person because not everyone is gonna be friends with you. Just focus on what matters to you not the people who don't. If you crave more relationships then you have to be interested in others to increase your finding of a meaningful relationship even though a lot of people seem annoying and stuff.

You're telling me things i already know. I realize I don't have to be super positive. I realize it's important to focus on what matters to me,etc,etc...

I don't need advice here.

I just need to know I'm not alone right now. That's all.

Agent_Violet

I feel like this SO many times too its like everything is a huge cliche', you do things over and over again but things never change and you find yourself saying and doing the same things.As many times as your mood brightens it goes right back to the gutter and people around dont care because its not them BUT! they put on those phony sympathetic faces and ask whats wrong when they know they dont care. When you say "Its going to be the start of something new" you dont realize its just the comma of the story, and the story is about circles. I feel existing is as much torture as never existing or maybe more. Its like why even try to be happy and cheery.

Thank you for responding...i hate dragging people down with a negative post but sometimes it helps seeing i'm not the only one.

i'm sure i'll feel better about the world and the people in it tomorrow or whenever...i always bounce back. but for today, I'm going to embrace my little raincloud moment and just accept it.

Foxface

do you ever find yourself in the middle of expressing your feelings to someone and you just stop and can't help but think WTF is the point? WHY am i talking about this? nothing ever changes anyway. i can have rainbows and sunshine shooting out of my butt and preach positivity and enlightenment ALL FREAKING DAY LONG but none of it ever changes anything. People still suck.Relationships still suck.the world still sucks.

oooh see the beauty in small stuff...yes Violet, let's do that and try to sustain your existence on that while doing your best to ignore the REALLY HUGE SUCKY THINGS that obliterate the small beautiful things and moments.

I don't know why i'm ranting or what my point is. I've been trying SO hard not to put negativity into the world but all i've been receiving is half a$$ed efforts from people and i'm just tired now. Positivity and Optimism is EXHAUSTING.

ANYONE ELSE???? or am i alone in this too???

THat is me 110%, all the time. I want to do something, make people happy or change something for the better, but end up failing, Due to my failures, I stop and think about then and asking myself "What's the use?".

Array

Agent_Violet Do you ever find yourself in the middle of expressing your feelings to someone and you just stop and can't help but think WTF is the point?

Seem's to me like you guys are missing the main point here, what is the point? The point is that you have a life that sucks, your not happy and want to change it. That's why your trying to move forward, that's why you keep putting yourself out there, don't forget it.

LemonheadzucciniYou You do things over and over again but things never change and you find yourself saying and doing the same things

Yes, there will be many times when you go around in circles, its apart of it. There is a saying in NLP "insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results."

I don't know exactly what your goals are but if you find yourself going around in circles, it's because you are taking the same actions over and over and ending up with the same result, you need to analyze what you keep doing and work on changing it a little, until you end up at your goals.

LemonheadzucciniYou
As many times as your mood brightens it goes right back to the gutter and people around dont care because its not them BUT! they put on those phony sympathetic faces and ask whats wrong when they know they dont care

If they take time out of there life to put on a sympathetic face and ask you whats wrong, thats showing that they do care, most people will do nothing.

dyingtolive

music has been very good for my negative thoughts and feelings. listening to music and trying to write/sing how i feel. i feel like i can get more comfort and relief from music than i could from drinking or drugs before. There are times i want to cut myself or other bad thoughts but within control

Agent_Violet

music has been very good for my negative thoughts and feelings. listening to music and trying to write/sing how i feel. i feel like i can get more comfort and relief from music than i could from drinking or drugs before. There are times i want to cut myself or other bad thoughts but within control

I like that too:) Isn't it funny how something as simple as your favorite song can change your whole mood? it's nice

dyingtolive

yes, music is amazing.. it can change your whole mood, it can make you feel something, and it doesnt even have to be a happy song that changes your mood, it can be a song that lets you feel ok to feel bad. For me the past 1 1/2 year, its Alice in Chains that helps me through my worst moods and days

coyote

you're not alone - we all have those days

that's why i have to work constantly at staying in the moment and not let myself get bogged down thinking about all of the should haves, would haves, could haves, and what ifs

it helps me to express those affirmations on this forum - that's why my post count is so high

...i can have rainbows and sunshine shooting out of my butt...ALL FREAKING DAY LONG...

i'd love to see photos of that

razzle dazzle rose

I like that too:) Isn't it funny how something as simple as your favorite song can change your whole mood? it's nice

Simple things like that can help a lot. They are effective distractions to bad feelings. I have a list of distractions in my wallet that I am supposed to pull out when my feelings become too much. These don't really change anything in my situation but they prevent my emotions from escalating into something worse. Although it can be annoying to do something like paint my nails when what I really want to do is think about all the ways my life sucks.

i'm sure i'll feel better about the world and the people in it tomorrow or whenever...i always bounce back. but for today, I'm going to embrace my little raincloud moment and just accept it.

That acceptance can go a long way. Sometimes it is what you need to keep going. Hang in there.

razzle dazzle rose

Seem's to me like you guys are missing the main point here, what is the point? The point is that you have a life that sucks, your not happy and want to change it. That's why your trying to move forward, that's why you keep putting yourself out there, don't forget it.

Thanks for saying that. That is the point. It helps to be reminded of it.

satstrn

And it could always be worse. I take my health for granted sometimes, but the fact that I have enough food to eat, a place to live, and no terminal diseases makes me appreciate life a lot more. Its easy to forget that....there are people who suffer a lot more than we do, and its important to give thanks for what we have rather than dwell on what we dont.

MikeyC

It's exhausting when you preach positivity and happiness to people who you know won't reciprocate or won't get it.

You don't even have to do that. Find the happiness within yourself, which I know you can do, and focus on that. Don't let others bring you down.