Whats the perfect age to lose your virginity

CursedSoul

Banned
I have a younger sibling who I am somewhat responsible for in lieu of our mother and they are 10 years younger than me. They've always been pretty headstrong and far too grown up for their own good. Although now safely at 18 thankfully I can breathe a sigh of relief and I have let the reigns go. But when they were younger I had no problem making 'their business' my businness lol. Since I had that responsibility of their wellbeing as far I was concerned they had no business of their own lol(I half joke) it was all my business. I did sit them down and tell them that they were not at the right age on various occassions and I told them why. I gave them information. And I did so to protect them. That was 5 years ago now and I'm not a bit sorry that I interfered and stomped all over their rights haha. And neither are they, they needed their rights stomped on. You're never too old to lose your virginity but you can definitely be too young.

btw how old are you?

I was 14 and my 1st was a friend's older sister, one of those totally random things I reckon. My wife lost hers when she was 18, to me :bigsmile:. My point is that we are both well adjusted adults (I'm using that term loosely here). I think the most important aspect of this discussion is that everybody is different and with that comes different maturity levels at different ages. I went through quite a few different partners by the time it was her turn and I was immature in doing so however I don't regret it one bit. Just always use protection!

awkwardamanda

Twelvety three!

Eleventeen!!!:ironicsmile:

it is the first time you have sex and most likely will be the worst sex ever because you have no idea what you're doing.

This.

I think at least 18 is good, but not everyone is ready at that point. I was 19. Could have waited a bit longer, but then I might still be a virgin. I don't think teenagers need to be having sex at all. I realize it happens and I'm not gonna stop it, but most of them aren't mature enough yet. I don't think waiting until marriage is a good idea though. If I ever get married, I would like to know whether or not we're going to be sexually compatible before making that commitment.

Gidi

I don't think there is a perfect age to lose your virginity because it just happens when you find that someone your going to have s*x with but if I had to take a guess id say 19 and over

Solitudes_Grace

Something to think about: somebody I know once said, ""Virgin" is a term coined by a man who believes his penis is capable of changing a woman."

The whole social concept of virginity is stupid. We don't have any words for someone who has never eaten a potato chip before, but we have a word for someone who has never had sex before. The concept of virginity should matter about as much as eating a potato chip. I mean, who the heck cares if someone has or has not had a potato chip before? The answer is that nobody cares because it doesn't matter. Never having sex matters about as much as never having a potato chip and vice versa. In other words, virginity doesn't matter at all; rather, it shouldn't matter at all. The word "virginity" just shouldn't exist.

How old should someone be when he/she loses his/her virginity? The answer is as old as it takes before that someone finally realizes that caring about one's status as a virgin is a stupid waste of time.

sullyS25

Something to think about: somebody I know once said, ""Virgin" is a term coined by a man who believes his penis is capable of changing a woman."

The whole social concept of virginity is stupid. We don't have any words for someone who has never eaten a potato chip before, but we have a word for someone who has never had sex before. The concept of virginity should matter about as much as eating a potato chip. I mean, who the heck cares if someone has or has not had a potato chip before? The answer is that nobody cares because it doesn't matter. Never having sex matters about as much as never having a potato chip and vice versa. In other words, virginity doesn't matter at all; rather, it shouldn't matter at all. The word "virginity" just shouldn't exist.

How old should someone be when he/she loses his/her virginity? The answer is as old as it takes before that someone finally realizes that caring about one's status as a virgin is a stupid waste of time.

HaHa this is awesome, I love it! Thank you!

MikeyC

Ladies and gentlemen, this may be the first and only time eating potato chips and virginity are ever linked together. Well done for that informative paragraph, Solitudes_Grace! :thumbup:

awkwardamanda

I don't see the problem with having a word for someone who has never had sex. It isn't something that will just come naturally (poor choice of words, sorry) the first time you do it. It can be incredibly awkward and disappointing. "Virgin" just means a person hasn't had that experience. Although you can be an non-virgin without necessarily being experienced. Now, if a person has never eaten potato chips, that doesn't make them inexperienced. They won't have to worry about making a mistake if they try one. I agree that the status is overvalued. There is too much pressure to simply lose your virginity, not to find somebody worth losing it to, or to be ready to lose it and enjoy your first experience. I was 19, and when I think about that, I wasn't exactly ready and never really enjoyed it much anyway. If I were still a virgin now, at 27, that would probably bother me a little, but not in status way. I would be worried about not knowing what I'm doing, and in fact, I still am. I feel inexperienced enough that if I ever do have sex again, I'll likely be just as scared as if I were a virgin.

Ladies and gentlemen, this may be the first and only time eating potato chips and virginity are ever linked together. Well done for that informative paragraph, Solitudes_Grace! :thumbup:

Lays: Betcha can't do it just once.;)

Metal_isthe_Answer

This may sound more religious or conservative than I mean it, but, I would say wait until you find someone you love, dont do it just to do it. Id rather wait longer to find the right person, than accept defeat and just do it for the hell of it.

I agree that the age where one loses his/her virginity is not as big of a deal as people make it seem. I think perhaps late teens to early 20's? Or whenever the person is ready. I don't regret the age I lost mine at 18. I had an ex who believed that losing it in your teens gives you the chance to get the bad sex out of the way because you don't really know what your doing. But I personally think whenever the person feels ready or have met someone they actually trust is the best time for them. And obviously, as long as it's consensual for both partners or they aren't pressured into it.

awkwardamanda

I had an ex who believed that losing it in your teens gives you the chance to get the bad sex out of the way because you don't really know what your doing.

You can still do that as a young adult as well.

Oh, this afternoon I had a sexy lunch date with a bean salad and some potato chips. It was hot!:giggle:

SilentBird

Ideally the perfect time would be when you really care about ("love") the other person and want to stay with them. Unfortunately hormones don't recognise "ideally."