Whats the perfect age to lose your virginity

odetoanoddity

I lost my virginity when I was 18. For me that was not to young and not too old. But I think it depends on person to person

KiaKaha

Banned
19 years 6 months and 12 days at 11:54am

That is the perfect time to lose your virginity.

I did - and look how goods I turned out.

Starry

I once read a study demonstrating that in the sample group, people who waited until they were in their early to mid 20s formed better, more fulfilling relationships and were emotionally more secure...

Now, whether that is because the people who waited were more likely to be emotionally secure, or whether it was the waiting which made them so was not clear, but it was interesting, nonetheless...

I'd have to agree that generally it makes more sense... When you're younger than that you're still being driven more by turbulent hormones and emotions which you have not yet learned to master... By the time you're more mature you're more ready to handle the emotions brought about by intimacy.

Well, of course it's going to depend on each individual, but I would say probably a little later than the typical age currently. There needs to be a certain maturity to deal with the physical and emotional consequences. So in my mind, early to mid twenties.

Starry said:
I once read a study demonstrating that in the sample group, people who waited until they were in their early to mid 20s formed better, more fulfilling relationships and were emotionally more secure...

Now, whether that is because the people who waited were more likely to be emotionally secure, or whether it was the waiting which made them so was not clear, but it was interesting, nonetheless...

I'd have to agree that generally it makes more sense... When you're younger than that you're still being driven more by turbulent hormones and emotions which you have not yet learned to master... By the time you're more mature you're more ready to handle the emotions brought about by intimacy.

I completely agree with both posts.

KiaKaha

Banned
I think people should lose their virginity when they want to.
And it should not be dictated by anyone as to when, where and how.

There is no perfect age in my opinion. Sexual liberty is more important.

I think people should lose their virginity when they want to.
And it should not be dictated by anyone as to when, where and how.

There is no perfect age in my opinion. Sexual liberty is more important.

I know a lot of girls who lost their virginity very young and would now say that they deeply regret it and it affected them badly. I think it's better to wait a little bit longer

MikeyC

I know a lot of girls who lost their virginity very young and would now say that they deeply regret it and it affected them badly. I think it's better to wait a little bit longer
Hindsight. It's quite the bitch! :giggle:

The age of consent is 16 in England. Me and my friends had an american pie style pact (3 yrs before the movie came out), to lose our virginities before it was legal to do so.

I managed this. It was drunken.

The next day I went to school and sang the chorus to that Judas Priest (Breaking the law) song and my friends, in the pact, knew what it meant.

That's the way to lose your virginity. All this it means something, is for girls, the religious and the overly sensitive. I mean you know that wonderful person you're saving you're virginity for, well maybe it would go better with them if you had a ****load of practice.

lol I'm not even sure where to start with this...

anyone else want to answer this?

Dreamseller

Sounds stupid, but the perfect age is whatever age you are when you meet someone you actually care about and aren't influenced by "beer goggles".

Maturity is a much better indicator to go by than simply age.

KiaKaha

Banned

Being emotionally mature is important, but I don't think anyone has the right to dictate when - because then it becomes a morality issue. I think its better for people to decide for themselves, in their own way - as opposed to having another persons standard placed on to people who have the right to make their own choice regarding their sexuality.

I don't think 'when it feels right' is a reliable gauge or a responsible message. I think the problem is that a lot of times, people decide with their feelings when they need to use their head. I think its a little irresponsible for society to say 'whenever it feels right' A lot of kids think it feels right at 13 and 14 and lets face it, that is too young! Much too young! I dont know about guys but I know lots of girls who went with the 'when it feels right' approach only to realise after that it didn't feel right at all. You cant always trust your feelings. My advice; wait til you're at least legal then wait another while and then don't rush into anything and wait some more. Maybe then you can work off of the 'when it feels right' mantra.

I'm Not There

19 years 6 months and 12 days at 11:54am

That's how I'll want to remember it - if it ever happens. That way I'll be able to calculate the exact time that has elapsed since my first kiss, which I had at 15 years 4 months and 11 days at 4:16pm.

yes that's how I keep myself amused when I'm bored

Last edited:

sullyS25

I dont see why people need to build these huge monuments to losing your virginity in the first place. Who cares what age you lose your virginity at, it is the first time you have sex and most likely will be the worst sex ever because you have no idea what you're doing.

But ohhh yes people say it should be a memorable time because it is the first time. Well thats great if you want to have that expectation of losing your virginity but the reality of the situation is that you most likely wont stay with the person you lose your virginity to for the rest of your life. That is....unless you insist on waiting until marriage but even then, divorce rates are through the roof and raising.

I think it is so ridiculous that losing your virginity is such a big deal in our society when it is literally an act that will last 5 minutes....20 at the most. Unless you are drunk and technical problems become an issue and even then it wont be to sacred if youre so drunk you have issues down there.

I think it is so humorous that so much attention, energy and in the case of males with with SA, mental anguish is dedicated to losing your virginity. Seriously, who cares? If you want to have sex when your 12, 13 or 14, be responsible about it, wear a condom and get it over with and if you want to wait then do it. This is a question of personal choice and I dont think it is anyones business to say what the right age is to lose your virginity is....unless you are only speaking for yourself and your experience.