What would you say to yourself?

WearyChild

I can't guarantee this will help anyone but I have noticed that a lot of the peoples problems on here are quite similar. So in that idea I want you to post what you would have said to yourself back when your anxiety first happened, or within the first few years if you've been at it for a really long time.

Any hints for your younger self that you found to work later on in life. Its different giving someone else advice then giving it to yourself. For those who read these imagine that being the you of the future, listen to yourself!

lyricalliaisons

Honestly, there's nothing that I can think of that I would have told myself. I was only a baby, pretty much, when it started (or at least when I remember it). There's nothing I could have told myself that would have helped at all. I would, however, tell my mom to do something about it & to get me help before it got worse. if someone had done something when I was a kid, it might not have progressed to the point it did & I might have had an at least somewhat "normal" life.

I can't guarantee this will help anyone but I have noticed that a lot of the peoples problems on here are quite similar. So in that idea I want you to post what you would have said to yourself back when your anxiety first happened, or within the first few years if you've been at it for a really long time.

Any hints for your younger self that you found to work later on in life. Its different giving someone else advice then giving it to yourself. For those who read these imagine that being the you of the future, listen to yourself!

I would tell myself "back then" to.......Punch them!!, kick them, pull their hair, throw something at them!!.....Just damn well Fight back!!!:mad:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
"Don't be so tough on yourself."

"Don't let the fact that you're different fool you into thinking you're not as good as others."

"You have so much more going for you than you know, and life is so much simpler than you imagine it."
-------------

This was a great thread idea.

Pink_Paula

"Don't be so tough on yourself."

"Don't let the fact that you're different fool you into thinking you're not as good as others."

"You have so much more going for you than you know, and life is so much simpler than you imagine it."

I'd say all this plus, you're not as bad as you think no matter what people say.

johnny 85

to be honest, all im doing lately is tryin to tink positive. im fed up with feeling sry for myself , that s***t was nt helping at all !!

shore_of_glass

to be honest, all im doing lately is tryin to tink positive. im fed up with feeling sry for myself , that s***t was nt helping at all !!

that's exactly what I've been trying to do, but sometimes it just hits you too hard.

I'd say to myself back then: "you are unique, be unique, act unique".

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I think this thread is an excellent idea, WearyChild.

I would have told myself to join the military as soon as possible. Which would have come as a great surprise to a younger me.

DarkSeeker

I'm going to agree with Lyricalliaisons here. As a baby there's nothing I could have told myself to make things better, because ideally what I should have done is to punch my mother right in the face the second I was born, and run away to find real loving parents, but that's just wishful thinking.

Dissociation, is a powerful defense mechanism. If it wasn't for that, I'll probably be either dead or a real psychopath by now.

jhanniffy

Do your homework. I dont know why but I hated homework so much and got into so much trouble with it, for sure added to my sa if not the cause!

goldenholds

Thats easy. I would have told myself to go find the person that could have helped me. As it was I found her years later. I would have told myself to go find her and tell her she was beautiful and it would have helped the both of us. No matter, I'll count my lucky stars I found her when I did.