What would you prefer: lottery / disease cure

razzle dazzle rose

This is a toughie.

I wanna win the lottery. But then I never play. I would choose to win the lottery in this scenario though. I know I can overcome my anxiety in time, and it will make me into a stronger person as a result. I do hate working, and money worries stress me out. LOTTERY!

This is a toughie.

I wanna win the lottery. But then I never play. I would choose to win the lottery in this scenario though. I know I can overcome my anxiety in time, and it will make me into a stronger person as a result. I do hate working, and money worries stress me out. LOTTERY!

Exactly my thoughts on this! I believe in myself of curing or "managing" my anxiety, but money is hard to come by these days!

Lea

Banned
Cure, without a doubt or a second thought.
I don't care much for money and my condition is hell to live with. All the money in the world could never fix my problems. And besides, material wealth is overrated. I'm actually surprised and slightly appalled at how many people would choose money over a cure. Maybe I would understand if you had serious financial problems but otherwise...

This forum should be renamed to www.brokepeopleworld.com, and should deal with how to solve our financial problems ;).

PhantomPod

I'd rather win the lottery! I could quit my job, travel to the places in the world that I want to see, buy a gorgeous house and lots of cool toys for the house to keep me nice and occupied. Yep, money can definitely buy me happiness.

AGR

Oh yea definitely lottery,my family is passing for a really hard situation right now and this may be my last year in Japan,if I had money my father would stop working and would take care of the problem and I would go my way.

AGR

Cure, without a doubt or a second thought.
I don't care much for money and my condition is hell to live with. All the money in the world could never fix my problems. And besides, material wealth is overrated. I'm actually surprised and slightly appalled at how many people would choose money over a cure. Maybe I would understand if you had serious financial problems but otherwise...

it is not surprising if you have serious problems at all,money can fix a lot of problems,I will give one simple example,if I had money my family wouldnt be split apart, me here and my mother on the other side of the world.

MsBuzzkillington

I would want to win the lottery! I could buy a nice secluded house and live there alone forever haha. Or just do whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it. Not have to go outside anywhere or work with anyone. That would be awesome.

she1slander

Seriously, those are the choices??

Lottery is for those who'd rather choose the easy grab at earning something that requires blood, sweat, and tears, or in other words, WORK. Winning a lottery may help you with your current financial problems but will it satisfy you in the long run? Pfft, forget looking for a cure--go buy yourself a brand new car! Your chances of winning is based on pure luck and face it, you're only cheating your way to get easy money. What a waste of your talents and abilities.

At least with finding a cure for a disease, there's a lot more to look forward to and yes, a lot of work to be done which will be rewarding in the end... a lot of research, tests, raising funds, selling some of your old junk (hmm, this will be my goal for the next week or so), raising awareness, promotional use, whatever. Since there are so many people suffering from all kinds of diseases, physical, mental and emotional... why not look for a cure instead? Eventually you'll realise that the money you won won't be enough. :D

she1slander

lotto! hands down!!!

i wont lie, it would change alot in my life.

FIrst thing id do is track down everyone on here and share it with you all :). Make sure everyone i care about is taken care of.

I highly doubt it. Imagine earning euromillions... like you'd remember all of us little people in this site!! Seriously, unless you've dreamt about becoming Robin Hood, giving money to the less fortunate, I'm sure that the money will want you to buy a big spankin' house.:rolleyes:

AGR

Seriously, those are the choices??

Lottery is for those who'd rather choose the easy grab at earning something that requires blood, sweat, and tears, or in other words, WORK. Winning a lottery may help you with your current financial problems but will it satisfy you in the long run? Pfft, forget looking for a cure--go buy yourself a brand new car! Your chances of winning is based on pure luck and face it, you're only cheating your way to get easy money. What a waste of your talents and abilities.

look its not that easy,you say that because you dont have a disabled brother who your mother has to take care and doesnt work,who requires expensive medication and treatment,you dont have to win money for yourself AND help two other people,I could only do it because I am in another country working and my father helping,no way I could do what I did in a third world country without drowning in debt,so my family is split,my mother retired last year and it helped a bit,winning the lottery would help a lot

Nouveau

That's a hard choice actually because of all I could do with that money. I could put away money for college for my niece and nephews, get myself a nice house and car, my mother, too, for that matter. Give some to my sister and hope she doesn't do anything stupid anymore. Give some to close family members. Travel the world, give to charities that are dear to me, help people on the streets around me. What I could do with that money...

But then, what good would all that really be if I'm not enjoying life? If I didn't have this problem, I would be happy. I wouldn't feel so alone. I could make at least some of the stuff I mentioned above happen without the aid of winning money, hopefully.

While the money would be very welcome, I'd rather be cured. I'd rather be happy, at ease in life, and living normally than have all the money in the world.

she1slander

look its not that easy,you say that because you dont have a disabled brother who your mother has to take care and doesnt work,who requires expensive medication and treatment,you dont have to win money for yourself AND help two other people,I could only do it because I am in another country working and my father helping,no way I could do what I did in a third world country without drowning in debt,so my family is split,my mother retired last year and it helped a bit,winning the lottery would help a lot
well, from what I gather about people who partake in these lotteries, they're either desperate for money because of difficult circumstances they've been facing lately OR they're just looking for an easier way of getting money for their own personal gain that won't require any hard work on their part. In general, how many people who enter the lottery actually need the money in order to help pay for what they really need (such as your situation, you'd really benefit from) as opposed to wanting more money for the sake of living in luxury? I hope most people have the same good intentions as you do.

However, it's hard for me to change my viewpoint on what the lottery is really good for when even majority of posts here would rather have more money just to spend it and so they could work less. In the end, winning money no matter what amount could never replace the hard work you'd have to put into earning it in the first place. Also, it's human nature to want money once you have it... greed comes with the price more than generosity. A cure for a disease, on the other hand, requires a lot more than money as well since doctors who have to find the cure may not always succeed... and it takes a miracle for sure.

THeCARS1979

I think i rather be cured, money will come later and it wont buy happiness. Social Anxiety is not a disease though

Kat

Win the lottery. I'm doing OK depsite this disease.

Same. If I won money I would help people with SP because it is an experience I have shared. The people I help would have to have an authentic doctor’s certificate stating that they had sp and they are doing everything they can to overcome. I can understand introversion but a person shouldn’t have to stay suffering with sp if something can be done about it.

bardock

Cure anyday... So i can make some friends and show emotion/be charismatic, it sucks seeing the only contacts in your phone are yur family members :(

JMiller

I'll go with the money. It could solve more of my woes than a cure, and as a plus, I wouldn't have to socialize as a means of a job. ;)

GhastlyCC

Lotto for sure.

Id just be a recluse in a bigger/nicer house.lol
Wouldn't have to go to job interviews.
Could pay somebody to drive me if I absolutely had to go somewhere.
etc