what words or sayings really hurt you?

dancingintherain

For some reason, I really hate the words "It's not funny" when I just make a joke to cheer someone up while they are in a bad mood
Today my boyfriend said it in chat and I didn't reply back in ages as in that time I was so upset. It's terrible how sensitive I can be when it's really no need..

Steppen-Wolf

Words don't hurt me when they are just that, words. But when they reflect a truth about myself that I don't want to admit then they really hurt.

x Will x

If the words describe a fault in me then i feel hurt but if there just being nasty or thick im not bothered. If someone said to me "no one likes you" it hurts really bad.. but if someone calls me a "faggot" im not really bothered.. even tho it might be true i dont see it as a fault.

I hate words like: "bless you" and "we dont bite" ... these are phrases that i feel are degrading. they cause me to blush which in turn trigger panic attacks.

"is it in all the way?"

Yeah, I also hate it when someone suggests that the door is not unlocking because I may not have the key all the way into the lock. pffft.:rolleyes:

::p:;)

I hate the words "It won't kill you", and "there are worse things that can happen". These minimise the problem so the people don't have to accept that there is one.

Last edited:

Niiña

really hurt me when someone tell me that: I'm ugly, superficial, serious, boring, I have low CI. When someone tell me a pejorative adjective, more when I know that it's real, or if someone very important to me tell me something like that.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I would be hurt if someone who's really close to me did something completely irrational. But that's unlikely.

I have a list of things that don't always hurt, but annoy the hell out of me.

- When random people tell me how I should look and act.
- When some people claim to be friends just to get something out of me.
- When said "friends" create extremely dramatic situations to get my attention.
- When they BAWW, guilt trip me, trash talk, insult and say I'm the worst person in the world just for not wanting to put up with the BS.
- When they expect me to respond to their messages immediately and accuse me of ignoring them if I don't (that sometimes leads to BAWW, guilt trip, trash talk, insulting etc.)
- When they take advantage of my need of helping and end up using me as a punching bag or a therapist (might lead to creating extremely dramatic scenarios to get me to submit, and BAWW, guilt trip, trash talk, etc. if I refuse to submit)
- When I'm asked to be honest, and in the moment of being honest I get an aggressive reaction because the person can't handle the truth.
- Having to walk on eggshells around some people.

I think that's all. You may wonder now why I don't tell them to gtfo. Well, I do. I just have to face the consequences when I do, and it's not pleasant.

this_portrait

"You're always in the way" used to hurt for a while, but now I've completely reversed it in my mind so it feels like everyone else is in MY way.

Let's not forget "You're rude," usually uttered by some misguided asshat.

Phoenixx

I'm a really sensitive person so there's a lot of sayings that hurt. One I really can't stand hearing is, "It's all your fault." My cousin, when she lived here, used to blame me for everything, both jokingly and during times when she was angry and something went wrong. It basically brings back all these flashbacks and I can't stand it. Leaves me feeling awful every time.

Engulfed707

"You know you want to" really annoys the heck out of me.
but I can't stand when I get sarcastically called buff or "stud"

Bo592

I don`t like the words " man up " for some reason that advice just is not helpful for me becoming a man as it really don`t say much about being a man. I don`t like being made as a bad example for people as when people would say to there kids " you see that why I want you to listen or you will end up like him." or " let all watch this guy so we will know what not to do."