What makes you want to get up in the morning?

EscapeArtist

Being in the habit of needing a glass of water upon waking. And... Having little responsibility... there I said it. I'm pretty much a financial leech and I've got way too much lee-way and I don't appreciate it enough. But if I were to have a job or school, it would take my entire stress reserve, and it would be a hell of a lot harder to not be bed bound depressed. I must heal before I no longer have so much spare time to do so...

winter67

My kids. There is nothing better then hearing the sound of them laugh and say good morning mommie! Next is the sound of my partners voice asking how our day is going. Just makes me feel loved! Love is worth waking up for:)

psych

My cat, usually because he will at some point step on my bladder if I'm slacking on getting up that day. ::p:

My wife waking me up saying "it's time for you to get ready for work" or the alarm clock. One of the two. Then I realize I need to be awake and even though I need 2 or 3 more hours of sleep I get up and go to my job that I despise. That's just me though.

MikeyC

My wife waking me up saying "it's time for you to get ready for work" or the alarm clock. One of the two. Then I realize I need to be awake and even though I need 2 or 3 more hours of sleep I get up and go to my job that I despise. That's just me though.
We always need an extra hour or two. ::p:

O'Killian

This thread's been getting a lot of posts lately and every time I see it pop up I immediately think;

I'd rather not have to get up at all. I was going to say that mornings are terrible, but I've come to realize that after years of not having a pressing reason to get up, I function much better if I lay there and slowly 'boot up'. I have quite a bit of trouble going to sleep because I can't stop thinking, and in the morning I have the opposite problem. Assuming I've gotten proper rest, having an additional 10 or 20 minutes to 'boot up' while laying there does me a lot more good than stumbling out of bed and shuffling about.

Oftentimes, though, as many have said, it comes down to matters of excretion.

Really, though, I think the real question here is what you're living for, so I'll give the slightly tongue-in-cheek answer of 'the rest of the day.'