What Made You Realize That You Had Hit Rock Bottom Socially?

Tomasso

I think about this a lot.

I only have one friend, who is also my girlfriend. She lives 500 miles away and I see her once a month.

She is my entire support system.

If we break up - I will consider myself to have hit rock bottom socially.

The first time in my entire life where I can say that I have 0 friends.

Kiwong

Rock Bottom was when I struggled to walk from one side of the room without feeling like I would collapse. Rock bottom was sitting on the gutter too scared to move after my first panic attack.

Social concerns mean little when facing your own mortality.

Last edited:

WeirdyMcGee

Just socially?
Perhaps not getting a single text, call, email, IM or even a stupid facebook poke in years?
I'm not sure... I've always been alone, so it doesn't really bother me as much as hitting rock bottom in... uh... life.

What made me realize *that*?
I probably shouldn't say-- but it wasn't very nice.
Good news is that once that happens-- life can only get better.

RonFrank

My moment is when i had to attend my girlfriend's grandmother's funeral. I was in awe when i saw a lot of people attending the funeral all saying how the grandmother was important in their lives and all the memories they had with her.

Then i looked at myself, noticing i don't have a lot of friends.
If i were to die, i would be lucky if my funeral had 4 attendees...

Srijita52

When I was getting badly bullied and there was no one to stand beside me, when my best friend stopped hanging out with me calling me a loser, when I noticed that my problems really bother me and I'm not fine with being alone all the time.

this_portrait

Hm, probably after my ex broke up with me. You could say I hit it a couple minor times before that during my college career, but those were nowhere near as intense.

Iluv

Started on the self-destructive, you're gonna crash and burn, path.

Last edited:

Gaucho

NOW. spending all my days alone, when i should try to make friends. My only real support is my mother, if i wouldn't have her,i would be defenetly lost, and don't want to think what i wold be able to do to myself

CrazyGirl

When I started talking and hanging out with the 'wrong crowd'. Just so I could have somebody to talk to.
Started on the self-destructive, you're gonna crash and burn, path.

That's what I did too. Lately, not as much because I don't want to be the one getting in trouble with the law. When I started FB a few years ago, most of the "friends" I added myself and rarely ever received pokes, messages and comments on my statuses. I always dream of dying young and hope so too. Not many would attend my funeral. That I know for sure.

Feeling_Nothing

After high school, I lost all my friends and the few I had left I lost aswell after my accident...not a single person visited me in the hospital besides my mom and some family members. I don't have any close friends, well maybe 1 but I don't consider him close anyways. I hardly ever get a phonecall/text...

Boby

Well I'm pretty close to hitting rock bottom ,I have only 2 guys who I can call friends and I'm afraid I'm going to lose them too after I finish my university studies(only 3 months until I finish).
I have a mixed feeling about this situation though...those last 3 months will be crucial for my life but I already know the outcome:A fail ,A BIG FAIL social and career wise so I'm going to hit rock bottom really hard.
But to quote from Fight Club "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." so I think that will be the time to press the rest button.

Waybuloo

When I was 9, getting reacquainted with my parents and living in a different country. I was totally depressed, feeling suicidal but not knowing that at the time.

gustavofring

When I had to move out of my old apartment where I lived alone, and moved in a house with roommates. That really put a magnifying glass on my social disabilities.

megalon

I came to rest on the bottom before I can remember, and I've pretty much remained there ever since.

ultra_materialist

I am very near the bottom...
23 years, without a job, no friends and smoking 2 packs of cigaretts a day...
I really don't know what to do.
Just found this forum yesterday... i will try it a little bit

Last edited:

Meggy0001

When I moved school and lost the few friends I had, I was a complete loner and didn't say one word for about years and just nodded or shaked my head thats how low I went ::(: and everyone was like we never had you speak and being bullied about it and crap. But it got bit better though and will get even better one day maybe :) I like being positive

Rembrandt Broam

The phrase "hit rock bottom" seems to suggest that I had a position somewhere higher up the social ladder to fall from. :rolleyes: ::p:

Actually I don't really consider myself at rock bottom socially. I suppose I'm where I am comfortable socially.

razzle dazzle rose

My moment is when i had to attend my girlfriend's grandmother's funeral. I was in awe when i saw a lot of people attending the funeral all saying how the grandmother was important in their lives and all the memories they had with her.

Thinking about my wedding and funeral, yep. Who would go? Not even the whole of my immediate family, not to my wedding at least. That is why I say if I ever get married I'd do a quickie thing in Las Vegas. No fancy dress and large cake for me. It makes me sad 'cause watching all those wedding shows on TV and I will never have anything like it.

I have been at the bottom for a long time. Besides my sister and bf, I have no friends--not the kind I hang out with anyway. For some reason I thought friends would happen later for me. How? I don't know. I have never made the effort...not to make friends or keep in touch with them. I let the bridges burn big and bright, thinking later it will happen for me. Yeah right!

SeasonalBlues

When i moved to this town after i finished high school.

I guess i realised i was slipping badly when i was around 14, and i couldn't really have a decent one to one conversation with people i'd been friends with for 3 years.