What kinds of people make you more anxious?

*Amy*

Even if you have severe SA, there are always certain kinds of people who make you feel more uncomfortable/shy/anxious than others.

In my case, people who make me feel more anxious:
-Men (except for children, old men, close friends and members of my family)
-Authority figures
-People whom I have a crush on
-People who I think don't like me
-People whom I perceive as dominant or much smarter than me

People with whom I experience very little anxiety/no anxiety at all:
-My best friend
-My sister

Then there would be a different group for my parents. It's an odd thing with them, because I am not shy when I speak to them, but on the other hand, I feel very tense and somehow vulnerable when they are observing me doing some activities (simple things like having breakfast, talking on the phone, cleaning the house...).

So well, that was my list. Now it's your turn:D

Insane1

-Girls,their appearance doesen't really matter. It doesen't matter if the girl is beautiful,some beautiful girls are not intimidating and I feel ok around them,but some are.
-Boys,some are ****ing idiots and they piss the hell out of me.
-People who don't like me,hate me,etc
-Dominant people
-Evil teachers

Loud extravert people
Bullies, obvious, 'hey what's wrong with you' attitude.
Attractive people, I get uncomfortable. :/
Judgemental people
Evil teachers, too
Staring people, looking at me all the time

Dead_on_Arrival

This is going to sound awful but

People smarter than me ( I hate being around people who are intellectualy challenged aswell. It has something to do with my OCD but I don't know why. I hate thinking that way)::(:

Attractive men ( not so much women unless there is an attractive man about then I feel inferior)

Loud obnoxious people.

The look at me types.

SALESMEN and SALESWOMEN. ( No I don't want what your selling and getting up in my face makes me want to just punch you out)

Glitch

-Guys
-Teenagers
-Teachers & managers/boss
-Really hyper, extroverted, dominating people
-Very logical, intelligent people (feel extra stupid & inferior around them)
-People that are mature, independent, and have their whole life planned out (wish this was me!)
-Salespeople
-Relatives

MrJones

I guess that the ones who make me feel inferior, it can be anyone.

Anyway the biggest problem is not who's there, it's me. It depends a lot.

I don't really have SA, but I do occasionally get nervous around authority figures (at school) because I don't want to get a detention for wearing makeup, having my skirt too short, or just generally breaking rules haha.
Men don't faze me,nor to people who think they're somehow superior to me. Bitches can **** off.
Erm, I can get nervous around people who I think dislike me, but it's not a major thing.
Oh my god, the worst is with the people I am attracted to who don't know, and there's a mutual feeling of ambivalence and...awkwardness, I guess.
I used to be like that with one of my male friends who I was...well,am,attracted to. Now things are reaaally comfortable between us, but I think that's cause it's been a while.

Yeah, so I'm comfortable with the guy above who happens to be my best friend, my parents and family, people at school generally (like in my form or year) and most people on the street.
I'm comfortable with my family, but is it just me who feels awkward and uncomfortable talking online or on the phone to them? Hmmm.

Last edited:
Depends on what mood I'm in. At my best, no one worries me - at my worst, I just want to hide away from all people.

I have to agree that this is dead-on with me. On my good days, nobody bothers me and I can stand up or communicate with anyone. On my bad days, everyone bothers me and triggers my SA.

Unfortunately I haven't found the right formula for having more of those good days.

LifeInternal88

I thik for me its mostly
-most adults
-Extra extroverts( sometimes - not always )
-My cousin who doesn't like me
- and someone mentioned the crush thing - yea, I think everyones' s like that :)

Dejected

People who I get most anxious around:
- Popular people
- Extroverts
- Drunk people

I'm not anxious at all when I talk to my close family, though.

nicole1

Today, the doctors got in on me and that kinda made me fumble over words and not able to get things across. I come to feel like I'm scared they'll think I'm lying or I'm saying something wrong.

Usually people with authority, people I feel have more experience than I do...I can't think of others.

nicole1

I can agree with extroverts. Sometimes they think that we all should be... And some of them tend to find me weird.

cloudbound

Extroverts is a big one, people that I will have to see again in the future (cus if I **** up it will be remembered D:), pretty people, people in authority, people that I know are gonna call me out on it if I don't engage in much conversation with them...

Kiwong

Anyone who notices and responds negatively to my anxiety. Once someone reacts to my anxiety I do not want to talk to them anymore.