What is your nails on a chalkboard?

chibiXphantom

lol chibi... like french kissing? or just peck on the lips kissing? how do you react to the sounds you make when you eat/ drink/ kiss? just wondering

any type i guess? i guess its just loud kissing, like when people think they have to make the smooching sound like in cartoons or whatever (which is really weird, but people do that). i just dont like when people kiss around me if i can hear it.

but i cant eat in the quiet, and i hate the sound of myself drinking or eating. but i dont notice myself as much as i notice others.

my sister is the same way. last time she was over she was saying she cant stand hearing people eat or drink, she has to leave the room, or eat too so she doenst notice it as much

I'm Not There

Basically anything that's really soft, like velvet, cotton, dusty surfaces and even some kinds of paper/cardboard. Oh and also aforementioned popsicle sticks and the like. Sound-wise there's one thing that really stands out; the high-pitched noise produced by train brakes.

Merely touching paper and other dry/mat surfaces.

So chalkboards also, incidentally. ;D

Or when you catch a razor on your finger nail. Even though it doesn't draw blood or really 'hurt', it gives me shivers just thinking about. It's such a unnerving feeling. Gross.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
i cant stand the sound of people drinking/swallowing. i cant be in the same room with someone drinking coffee or anything. it just makes me cringe.
same thing with people eating. especially if they dont chew with their mouth closed. also hate kissing noises. even thinking about those sounds makes me shudder. >_<

These, all of these. They disgust and annoy the living hell out of me.

any type i guess? i guess its just loud kissing, like when people think they have to make the smooching sound like in cartoons or whatever (which is really weird, but people do that). i just dont like when people kiss around me if i can hear it.

but i cant eat in the quiet, and i hate the sound of myself drinking or eating. but i dont notice myself as much as i notice others.

my sister is the same way. last time she was over she was saying she cant stand hearing people eat or drink, she has to leave the room, or eat too so she doenst notice it as much

Yeah, I'm really not fond of all of those either. Though, I can tolerate the eating/drinking noises to a certain point because I can't preform a smooth swallow either.

The kissing one, though, does bother me quite a bit. It's not that I mind people showing affection in public, but must they really devour each other's face with those sloppy noises included?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
The kissing one, though, does bother me quite a bit. It's not that I mind people showing affection in public, but must they really devour each other's face with those sloppy noises included?

Some people either have no shame or enjoy attention whoring. I mean, really... there's no need to start making out like crazy in the middle of a crowded avenue or cafeteria.

truffleshuffle

Some people either have no shame or enjoy attention whoring. I mean, really... there's no need to start making out like crazy in the middle of a crowded avenue or cafeteria.
I agree if they want to have a quick kiss or something thats fine but they don;t need to suck the face of each other.

Next time you see it in a cafeteria, you should say something along the lines of; ''Whoa, whoa, whoa. Guys, chill. The waiter will be right with you, no need to resort to cannibalism.''

dottie

merely touching paper and other dry/mat surfaces.

So chalkboards also, incidentally. ;d

or when you catch a razor on your finger nail. Even though it doesn't draw blood or really 'hurt', it gives me shivers just thinking about. It's such a unnerving feeling. Gross.

heebeejeebees!@$#%^#$

truffleshuffle

Next time you see it in a cafeteria, you should say something along the lines of; ''Whoa, whoa, whoa. Guys, chill. The waiter will be right with you, no need to resort to cannibalism.''
That would be funny but I don;t think i could say something like that to anyone.

truffleshuffle

Merely touching paper and other dry/mat surfaces.

So chalkboards also, incidentally. ;D

Or when you catch a razor on your finger nail. Even though it doesn't draw blood or really 'hurt', it gives me shivers just thinking about. It's such a unnerving feeling. Gross.

O I hate catching my finger nail on a the razor blade I know what you mean.

Briars_Luck

I have a fear of hole clusters ::eek::. A good example would be a Lotus seed pod or honeycomb. Even little bubbles that form in the dishwater can give me the heebie-jeebies. Up until recently, I didn't even know it existed as an actual phobia.. but it does. It's called Trypophbia. I deal.. but.. ugh. Some people can't understand how bubbles and holes can give me the willies.. but I can't understand how they cannot! It's good that it doesn't really get in the way of my day to day life though. A minor irritant.

The funny (?) thing is, there is a page on facebook for those with trypophobia, but I had to leave the group, because for some reason trypophobes like to trigger themselves, and I was awfully close to smashing my laptop a few times because of pics that would catch me off-guard in my newsfeed.

Someone would ask, "Does this pic freak anyone else out?!"

And I'd be like, "YES!!!" Computer smash.. lol

1BlackSheep

People who post controversial topics and then whine/bitch/piss/moan when they get responses they don't like. Worse than nails on a chalkboard!!! :eek:

Agent_Violet

people who think everyone else is responsible for them and responsible for finding the solution to their problems.Grates on me worse than nails on the chalkboard.

Muka

The sound of chewing. Just no.

Mitt Romney and David Cameron are also big no-no's as is Stacy Soloman. *retch*

mikebird

Banned
We don't like any sounds that are between the sound frequency of 2000-5000 Hz nails on a chalkboard is in that range along with knife on a bottle and woman screaming with terror and noises related to cotton wool and babies crying. It's the range at which our ears are most sensitive for some reason. They haven't figured out why that is just yet. I think they went in the direction of trying to link it to evolution and apes and that didn't work out so now they're back at the drawing board. But yea anything between 2000-4000 or even up to 5000Hz we don't like.

I was about to comment on chalkboard nails, until I saw this post, Jewel. Someone who understands frequencies. From age 4, we all played the tricks of nails, regularly, to surprise the teacher. No problems with all that. As with a fart cushion. Winding, scrolling Blackboards were all used throughout my education, to 1998. So I envy those who got the privilege of whiteboards and flipcharts.

Ooh, kids in supermart. It takes effort to reign my cold frustration. I know the frequencies I like: NOT THE HUMAN VOICE. Telephone, and its filters and bandpass compression to omit detail. The assumed 60 to 7000 Hz is where I admit I'm more comfy at the lower end (male) than the screech. Female TV presenters are annoying - OK - that's my board nail hate, for sure. I like a lady who I meet in person, without the screech.

My serious sound preference is 10 Hz for a proper, fullsize subwoofer array of bass bins and scoops, in an open space, which doesn't get to the ears. It makes your belly wobble. I like electronic music, with no human voice element. What matters is the power of the generator, from humble 1,250 watts, or multiple several 50,000 watts for the amps :eek:

60 Hz does it just right in my car subwoofer setup. All highpass is 160 Hz upwards for midrange and tops.

Umm... cracking a coconut. Not a friendly fruit

Last edited:
When someone scrapes the fork against his or her teeth while pulling it out of his/her mouth; the feeling of those holographic kid's cards (made out of vinyl) when you scratch your nails over them :eek:; knuckles cracking; people screaming; whiny voices. I have more but I can't remember.

Also, when I'm trying to fall asleep, if my pajamas or the sheets are touching me in a certain way I have to fix them, and I'll often keep fidgeting and fixing them until it feels just right. Weird, I know. I hate it. But it drives me insane, I can't fall asleep until it's not bugging me anymore.

Last edited: