What is that one thing that keeps you going?

tiscircle

Well I don't understand how ppl with sa have this amazing willpower to survive every bad day of their life unless they have a larger than life purpose to back them up.

D

deleted user 1

I go through periods of lows and short bursts of highs. The only thing that keeps me going is the memory of what life was like before this took hold of me. I know that is worth fighting for, but like I said, if I ever for the slightest of moments lose belief in that coming to fruition, bad things will happen. It's a delicate balancing act.

Sinar_Matahari

Strictly speaking for myself, my surviving has nothing to do with willpower. Can I do anything other than continue to live my life? Dying is not an option. I know that things are going to get better because I'm working on them. Speaking of which...

Kinetik

That one thing for me is daydreaming - whether it's visions of wealth, unexplored sexual fantasies, or envisioning that I can be functional/popular in the future. It's all really shallow, self-absorbed stuff. I've always said that my mind is my biggest enemy, but it's that same mind that provides me with all these (naive) things to hold on to. I wouldn't go so far as to call them goals because they're all so lofty, but there you go.

Faith, hope and my dreams.

I still dream of having a job in the future and that i can start studying again, and be more social. I'm doing good things to reach that eventually :)
But sometimes I think I can't, because i'm so afraid because of SA.
but I keep fighting

Snowdrop

The things that keep me going are...

1.The belief/hope that I can one day be happy again
2.My family, knowing they care for me and want me to be better again
3.My past self, she was happy and carefree and it gives me a goal for the future
and finally...food. Not kidding, food is the only thing that properly makes me happy lol

Snowdrop

I go through periods of lows and short bursts of highs. The only thing that keeps me going is the memory of what life was like before this took hold of me. I know that is worth fighting for, but like I said, if I ever for the slightest of moments lose belief in that coming to fruition, bad things will happen. It's a delicate balancing act.

oh, you speak exactly as I feel. Above all else, is the memories of my past life. Just looking at old photos will incite in me a feeling of happiness but at the same time it's not like happiness at all, more a longing. Either way I'm glad someone else feels the same.

WriterChick3

I have moments where I'm happy and motivated, while other times I'm doubtful and depressed.
This is going to sound so stupid, but usually (certain) people inspire me to do things.
It's like, well, as crazy as this sounds ... there's a guy who inspires me. Don't worry, I'm not going in to detail (feels like I ramble too much) ...
This guy inspires me to do so much that I didn't think was possible. It's kinda like, I'll keep running until I reach him. I'll keep surviving because he is living and happy, and that's how I wanna be.

Oh, and getting to work with him someday inspires me more. :)

Kato

• My wife. However, in times of despair, I see her better with-out me and my troubles.
• Seeing better strides forward in my life
• Recognizing the beauty of life in itself along with the billions of years long probability of me actually arriving here in this world as next to nil.
• The dreaded thought of hurting everyone that I love.
• Ego
• Caffeine

That is several. The one thing is strengthening of character and ambition.

AGR

My family,they need me.
To see where this all ends,but I am not really liking where its going,also maybe someday I could have a family of my own.

Kiwong

Running makes me feel better about myself and the world I live in whane I have been for a run.

Observing nature, the things I see in the bush reallt take my breath away, and brings me peace.

Square_Eyes

The people that are the closest to me. They're few in number but more than enough and certainly more than I deserve.

Minty

Umm willpower. I have none. I just avoid thinking about SA by doing things that take me away from every day life. Like watching movies, reading, drawing, etc.

ESCAPISM IS YOUR FRIEND

SilverRain

• Recognizing the beauty of life in itself along with the billions of years long probability of me actually arriving here in this world as next to nil.
• The dreaded thought of hurting everyone that I love.
^ Agreed.

Daydreaming is also a big one for me. If I can't have my ideal existence, the next best thing is the dreams of it instead. I'm kind of used to just being the observer and not really feeling like a part of anything, so I've kinda got this "If you expect the worst, anything else is good news" mindset. So I'll just keep going, not expecting too much but not ruling it out either and who knows, maybe one of these tomorrows will surprise me in a good way. It's all I can do really, got to make my way somehow. I both fear the future's uncertainty and find a certain thrill in it simultaneously. I don't know whether this will last forever, or whether I'll eventually burn myself out and become resigned, but I guess if nothing else, it'd be worth it if between now and that time, I could be influential in some way to someone, be able to 'leave my mark' in some way. Just something to make me feel like my time here served some kind of purpose, whatever that may be.