What if a stranger insults you?

planetweirdo

What would you do if a stranger said something rude about you. A couple of years ago, I was walking back home form a store. I walked past a group of three guys. one of them looked at me and said that I walk like I have something stuck up my rear. then they all laughed. I almost had a panic attack.

Taden

Honestly, strangers can be incredibly cruel. It doesn't seem fair that they get to rip into a persons confidence without any fallout from being connected to that person. I just sigh, feel like shit, and keep walking. The best thing to put between them and yourself is distance, not much else to do unfortunately :(

Earthcircle

What would you do if a stranger said something rude about you. A couple of years ago, I was walking back home form a store. I walked past a group of three guys. one of them looked at me and said that I walk like I have something stuck up my rear. then they all laughed. I almost had a panic attack.

Whenever someone is rude to me, I tend to assume that it is my fault. I hate myself. But this only applies to me. In your case, it might be the other person's fault.

deborah_lee_tindle.jpg

A lot of the time those strangers are so insecure about their own shortcomings that they continually make insults toward others to mask their own faults.:thumbdown:
Therefore try and not take it personally, planetweirdo.

coyote

the great thing about strangers is that they don't know you, and you don't know them

so anything they say about you is obviously about their own issues

and any weight you give to their opinion is obviously about your own issues

try to learn from this

TreeBones

Personally, I wouldn't ignore it right away, I would think on it for a few minutes to get it all out of my system so I don't have to ponder someone else's rudeness for a week because you know you're just going to keep thinking about it every now and then, but after that just forget about it and realize that people are projecting their negativity onto you unnecessarily, which is very unbecoming.

Kiwong

I'm sorry you had to put up with that.

I can relate, in high school kids used to follow me and call me monkey man. It destroyed my trust in humans. I didn't handle it well at the time, it destroyed my self esteem.

Now I am much bigger and uglier, I am more confident in the way I carry myself.

Taden

I'm sorry you had to put up with that.

I can relate, in high school kids used to follow me and call me monkey man. It destroyed my trust in humans. I didn't handle it well at the time, it destroyed my self esteem.

Now I am much bigger and uglier, I am more confident in the way I carry myself.

How cruel... :( kids can be short sighted and vicious.

Srijita52

the great thing about strangers is that they don't know you, and you don't know them

so anything they say about you is obviously about their own issues

and any weight you give to their opinion is obviously about your own issues

try to learn from this
Agreed
(hii coyote :) )

planetweirdo

Whenever someone is rude to me, I tend to assume that it is my fault. I hate myself. But this only applies to me. In your case, it might be the other person's fault.

I don't think that anyone deserves to be treated rudely, its not your fault. I hope that you can learn to love yourself not hate yourself. :thumbup:

planetweirdo

deborah_lee_tindle.jpg

A lot of the time those strangers are so insecure about their own shortcomings that they continually make insults toward others to mask their own faults.:thumbdown:
Therefore try and not take it personally, planetweirdo.

yeah, I think your right!

Random stranger insults me? Hmmm... well I'd probably sink to their level and tell them to go fornicate themselves with an iron stick.

theoutsider

Honestly, in that situation I'd let it go. The guy was just being rude because you were outnumbered and he was feeling brave. I can pretty much guarantee he would not make such a rude remark if it were just the two of you.

As far as strangers making rude remarks, yeah sometimes I respond in anger. I would probably ask if we know each other then after he/she replied that we didn't I would tell them to keep their ignorant remarks to themselves. I have also had instances where I took the high road, telling myself that I refuse to be pulled down to their level. But in all honesty, the times when I don't defend myself seem to bother me more. I will think about the incident for months.

Ammako

hmm.. i think i'll act cool and go right away and think what did i do wrong, why they do this to me, and so on until i can forget about that situation.:ironicsmile: