What girls want and me

DarthMessias

I don't think i'll ever find a relationship, maybe out of sheer luck. Everytime i am close to being friends or liking another female i keep thinking there are 1,000,000 other guys out there, probably better in social status, looks, personality. Every single time my mind just dismisses that anything could happen and so it never does. And then i see her again later down the track with a guy and guess what, they (the new boyfriend) are usually better in some way, whether its their job, looks, height, humour. It sort of justifies my decision to not bother. Its really sad but when you are a male and you're sort of nerdy looking, you don't feel like you can bring that physical masculinity that you see from most couples. If you don't have that then you need a strong character and personality, if you lack that then it's really tough to get anywhere in life, especially relationships or dating, its really horrible.

There are a lot of nerdy looking guys who has a girlfriend. But if you really feel down because you are skinny then why not work on that? Get fit!

Roman Legion

I wear armour.. Well I did before I was injured.. But not armour like you would think.. I wore IBA and IOTV. I have noticed the vast majority of women and men set their expectations too high.. Don't believe me, check out dating websites, try talking to anyone and you will find out this first hand. For me, I have simply given up the search back in 2009 as I thought about it and came to the realisation that I have no real desire to date. I'm sure the perfect match is out there, but probability of finding her is not very high.

Minty

I don't think i'll ever find a relationship, maybe out of sheer luck. Everytime i am close to being friends or liking another female i keep thinking there are 1,000,000 other guys out there, probably better in social status, looks, personality. Every single time my mind just dismisses that anything could happen and so it never does. And then i see her again later down the track with a guy and guess what, they (the new boyfriend) are usually better in some way, whether its their job, looks, height, humour. It sort of justifies my decision to not bother. Its really sad but when you are a male and you're sort of nerdy looking, you don't feel like you can bring that physical masculinity that you see from most couples. If you don't have that then you need a strong character and personality, if you lack that then it's really tough to get anywhere in life, especially relationships or dating, its really horrible.

Men are really only masculine for other men in the way that women dress up for other women. It's to out-do the other person. So while most men aren't really thinking about the girl's make-up/hair/fashion sense, most women aren't gauging a man's masculinity. There are exceptions of course.

A really good example of this is in manga (Japanese comics). In Japan, comics are separated into girl comics (shoujo) and boy comics (shounen). Typical males in shoujo that appeal to females look like this:

ouranhighschool-hostclub_01.jpg

And typical males in shounen that appeal to boys look like this:

broly.gif

In fact, hyper-masculinity in western comics is often called out as one of the reasons why there are significantly fewer female fans, as well as the hyper-sexualization of female characters.

I mean...think about it. The males in our society who have been especially popular with girls have always been slight in build and much less macho than what society says males should be. The Beatles, boy bands in the 90s, Justin Bieber, etc.

MrJones

I don't know what girls want, but I do know it's not me, so I just try not to think about it.

DarthMessias

Men are really only masculine for other men in the way that women dress up for other women. It's to out-do the other person. So while most men aren't really thinking about the girl's make-up/hair/fashion sense, most women aren't gauging a man's masculinity. There are exceptions of course.

A really good example of this is in manga (Japanese comics). In Japan, comics are separated into girl comics (shoujo) and boy comics (shounen). Typical males in shoujo that appeal to females look like this:

ouranhighschool-hostclub_01.jpg

And typical males in shounen that appeal to boys look like this:

broly.gif

In fact, hyper-masculinity in western comics is often called out as one of the reasons why there are significantly fewer female fans, as well as the hyper-sexualization of female characters.

I mean...think about it. The males in our society who have been especially popular with girls have always been slight in build and much less macho than what society says males should be. The Beatles, boy bands in the 90s, Justin Bieber, etc.

Hmm...that is a very good and interesting point. :)

Agent_Violet

I heart nerdy boys. I married a manly man and it was fun for a bit then got old fast.

The guy I'm dating is tall and thin,quiet,super shy,socially awkward and completely adorable,funny,sweet,attentive,thoughtful,etc...

I found when girls are younger they want the edgy guy and they toss the nice guy to the sidelines...when girls turn into women,if they turn into SMART women, they want the nice guy to come back and be their honey forever.

;-)

Vampayah88

I heart nerdy boys. I married a manly man and it was fun for a bit then got old fast.

The guy I'm dating is tall and thin,quiet,super shy,socially awkward and completely adorable,funny,sweet,attentive,thoughtful,etc...

I found when girls are younger they want the edgy guy and they toss the nice guy to the sidelines...when girls turn into women,if they turn into SMART women, they want the nice guy to come back and be their honey forever.

;-)

Sounds like the perfect guy:)I'm happy for you:D

KiaKaha

Banned

;-)

That has to be a one in a million. Shy men are often perceived as extremely unattractive. Shyness it would seem is the epitome of insecurity and lack of confidence, and being secure and self assured are traits that attract women to men the most. My shyness is the number one reason I get tossed to the curb every time (by comparison of the kinds of guys they go for afterwards)
Good on you though for giving him a chance - now if the rest of the female populace had that school of thought - perhaps the "women dont want nice guys" argument would finally die.

Last edited:

Gidi

What I look for in a woman is personally only, because looks fade, Money don't last, sex is lust and not love....My girlfriend likes me for me and not what she wants me to be...your friends are too picky in my opinion but there in title to there own opinions

MikeyC

;-)
He's a very lucky man!