What does your username mean?

Agent_Violet

What does it mean?

How did you come up with it?

:) This has probably been asked before but I am curious and want to know.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
My username is a character from a short story by H.P. Lovecraft, one of my favorite authors. In the story, an alien creature forces his consciousness out of his body and puts it in it's own. It's a reflection of how I often feel: an alien in a human body, doing my best to pretend I'm as human as I look.

A86

I used to work at an electronics company for a good while. we used an assembler called A86 to write for our micro controllers. Eventualy people forgot my name and I was just the "A86 guy"

A few years ago, the day before I joined this site, I was out with one of my friends, roasting marshmallows. One of the ingredients listed in the marshmallows was "tetrasodium pyrophosphate" (it's a thickening agent, made from one pyrophosphate molecule (chemical formula P2O7, another name I've used online) and 4 sodium atoms). I thought that sounded awesome.
Back then, each account was limited to something like 5 posts per day, so every regular user had multiple accounts (if I remember correctly). I made both Tetrasodium and Pyrophosphate as accounts, but I always liked Pyrophosphate better.

Agent_Violet

A few years ago, the day before I joined this site, I was out with one of my friends, roasting marshmallows. One of the ingredients listed in the marshmallows was "tetrasodium pyrophosphate" (it's a thickening agent, made from one pyrophosphate molecule (chemical formula P2O7, another name I've used online) and 4 sodium atoms). I thought that sounded awesome.
Back then, each account was limited to something like 5 posts per day, so every regular user had multiple accounts (if I remember correctly). I made both Tetrasodium and Pyrophosphate as accounts, but I always liked Pyrophosphate better.

ok...i know i haven't gotten enough replies to cast any sort of vote but i seriously want to nominate you for most interesting username origin;) lol i doubt i've ever read what's in marshmallows let alone remembered the name of the ingredients i may have read.

MollyBeGood

mine means "wolf" in kanji ...i used to be "mountaingirl" but i changed it to wolf b/c i loves wolves =) coyote and i are related now lol

Well my username is pretty much the story of my life in one word lol. I wanted to go for lonely girl but seems like there's already a lonely girl here :p

MrJones

It had to be something related to music (like my first avatar) because music is my life and I'm absolutely nothing without it, I'd have gone mad without music. I love Bob Dylan and Ballad of a thin man is one of my favourite songs.

I'm a lot like that guy who enters an unknown place and has no idea of what's going on. Everything is strange. He is a stranger. I am a stranger.

"You try so hard
But you don’t understand
Just what you’ll say
When you get home"

"You walk into the room
Like a camel and then you frown
You put your eyes in your pocket
And your nose on the ground
There ought to be a law
Against you comin’ around"

"Something is happening here
But you don’t know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?"

I don't. I don't understand people, I don't understand what they do or why. Everything has a lot of mistery for me. I just don't understand.

Plus, I wanted to keep being anonymous, so I didn't want a weird name, I wanted to stay here without people noticing that I was there. I wanted a common name. Jones. Jones is everyone and no one. I am no one. John Doe. Mister Jones.

All I wanted in the same username, I couldn't let slip the opportunity haha

Summoning

Summoning it's a 2 man band who plays atmospheric black metal, inspired in the Lord Of The Rings. They create the most epic atmosphere I've ever heard in my entire life. So, being one of my favourite bands it was easy to me to pick that nickname.