What does the forum mean for you?

It's a great place for support and to unload your feelings.

This is my safe place where i can be amongst my own kind, and forget about the "normal people/sheep" of whom i have to pretend to be one of to survive.

^these!:perfect: :thumbup:

I also hope some of my past experiences can maybe help others, so they don't have to go through the same things without any advice, like I had to when I was younger.

Last edited:

Flanscho

I use the forums to share my experiences, since I overcame my SA pretty well. Where I was once unable to say a single word during a social event, I met friends already three times this week in parks, went to a party and a movie evening on the weekend, and enjoyed all of it (well, the party was meh, but still ok).

In rare cases I feel pretty crappy though and share that here.

Every now and then, some users get somewhat offensive though. Not because they try to insult others, but... I guess because they are very young and don't know what they are talking about.

Steppen-Wolf

To be honest, all I've ever wanted from this forum is to find is people that share some of the same challenges and with whom to be friends. People from other places and cultures that allow me to see a little more of the world through their lives.

Interestingly enough in two years I've never made any major efforts to make friends around here. It's weird, I used to be able to make friends in the web rather easily.

Steelsoul

In this forum, I found out that there were people who shared the same feelings with me, suffer the same issue with me. I guess i'm not alone anymore

I use the forum to share thoughts, experiences of how to deal with SA, talk with people who are very friendly and not as jugmental as people in my real life

neardeath

I really appreciate hearing how people rely on this forum. It seems that my social anxiety extends to the internet as well. This has really helped me. Thanks again, everyone.

Hoppy

I don't post as often as I should, and I just post something if I feel up to it. And I've tried socializing on here, but somehow my SA is worse on the internet than in real life so I don't bother any more. And every now and then someone post something that really mean something to me.

But it makes me feel better, since every time a young person post something in the line of "My life is ruined and I am lonely" I remembered how I felt that way, and how much I have improved. So there is hope.

Dinosaur

I come on here to vent when i'm really down in the dumps. It does help as I can say what I truly feel unlike in real life
But after a short time I leave as it is not healthy for me in the long run to focus on these things

hidwell

This forum was the first forum I have ever joined so for that reason alone it will always be special, and the fact that it is a social phobia forum meant for the first time I had something in common with people I don't even know.

drganon

If nothing else, I like this forum a heck of alot more than social anxiety support. That place is just full of ****s.

It's interesting to see what people are really thinking about different things, plus it also gives me a chance to try to express myself, the operative word there being try unfortunately

depressed face

Friends,interesting and relatable posts to read, people to chat with, and time to waste. I rarely even post my true thoughts and feelings here anymore because I feel like the people here I know well already will judge me if I ever say what is ACTUALLY going through my messed up mind :(. I guess it's not just the people I know too well, but it's really everyone. I would give anything to be able to get rid of this ridiculous fear, or any of these absolutely absurd fears. I wish I could just even post again without being afraid of something, but it's just scary... It would be really nice to use to use this forum how I intended to originally years and years ago.

neardeath

Re: depressed face

Friends,interesting and relatable posts to read, people to chat with, and time to waste. I rarely even post my true thoughts and feelings here anymore because I feel like the people here I know well already will judge me if I ever say what is ACTUALLY going through my messed up mind :(. I guess it's not just the people I know too well, but it's really everyone. I would give anything to be able to get rid of this ridiculous fear, or any of these absolutely absurd fears. I wish I could just even post again without being afraid of something, but it's just scary... It would be really nice to use to use this forum how I intended to originally years and years ago.

From this thread, I took the faith of others to push myself a little. I need the therapy the forum provides so badly. Most treatment methods have done little to help, so I feel like I'm on my own at this point.

It's scary for me, too, but I decided the benefits outweigh the risks.

What have we got to lose? I hope it happens for you, too. Thanks for the post. :)