what do you think happens when we die?

Aron

Please explain with detail if you can.

Well, for starters, you stop breathing, and your heart also stops beating. Your skin becomes pale, because of the lack of blood flow. Your body temperature starts to decrease until it reaches the ambient temperature of the environment that your corpse are in. Then your body starts decomposing into simpler forms of matter.

Amitush123

We cease to exist
Perhaps we start as new human being, without remembering our previous lives..
I do not believe in all that heaven and hell crap, because that would imply that there is a god

LazyHermitCrab

It seems like in rl almost everyone believes in God, but online it seems to be split evenly or sometimes less believe in God. Do you ever pretend there is a God so people won't "try to save you." Also do you think you believe one day and disbelieve the next? Oh so many philisophical questions... Lol.

LazyHermitCrab

Also you could say you believe in another life, but not God. Just like to know ppls view without asking people ik or it gets awkward fast.

Lea

Banned
I´ll go to heaven, get rejected so I go to hell and they tell me I do not fit in so I guess I´ll just keep flying around :idontknow:

Flanscho

I'm an Atheist. So I'm 100% sure that we just cease to exist.

We are who we are because of the information our brain acquired over the course of our life, and how it processed that information. Our memories are stored physically in our brain. When we die, the brain (and everything else of our body) stops working and decomposes. Our memories get destroyed. Even if we would exist in some way, our personality would have been annihilated. You'd cease to exist, even if you'd continue to live on in some other way. As such, you'd be still gone, and continueing to exist would be irrelevant.

But I don't think that we continue to exist in some way. It just doesn't make any sense. We didn't exist before our mother got pregnant with us. And we don't exist after we die. There is not the slightest trace of an evidence how we should continue to exist. There is no proof that a soul exist, or some mystical energy, or anything else.

I also think that believing into some sort of continued existence makes some people value life less than they should. They think that they live on in some way after they die, so their current life is to them not as valuable, as it is to those, who realize that they live only once.

I still think that some day, about in a hundred years ago, science will be advanced enough to stop the aging process. Unless some war or similiar thing happens that throws the whole of mankind back into barbary. There are already animals that can't die due to age, and others, that age much more slowly than they actually should. It's only a matter of time, until science understands that stuff and uses it on humans, or, if not in a biological way, then in a technical way, creating artificial brains for us. Who knows?

Last edited:

LazyHermitCrab

i do not plan to attend my funeral

i don't want a funeral but want something. i'm writing a note just in case i die randomly. the directions will be to climb a mountain go "ooo" and then go to a winery and go home. really old people don't have to climb to the top, but gotta be around to see the nature and kids don't drink wine so they can have a lemonade or something. don't want to be remembered as a frozen body and have ppl looking at it and commenting! not happening... i also want my body to be in a egyption looking coffin...

coyote

i don't want a funeral but want something. i'm writing a note just in case i die randomly. the directions will be to climb a mountain go "ooo" and then go to a winery and go home. really old people don't have to climb to the top, but gotta be around to see the nature and kids don't drink wine so they can have a lemonade or something. don't want to be remembered as a frozen body and have ppl looking at it and commenting! not happening... i also want my body to be in a egyption looking coffin...

when my father died, my brothers and sister and i hiked back in the woods near a mountain lake that he used to take us to, and we poured his ashes into the waterfall

rosewood

a great Noodly Appendage comes down and picks you up .....

FSM!!!

no, really, you will be reunited with the Universal Love. your experience will be unique to you. what else are NDE's anyway?

Well, when I die, if I go to hell I'm gonna break Bin Laden's jaw, kick Hitler in the cajones, then I'll find a seat and a beer. I hope though that all my loved ones and I go on to live in Heaven all together and happy with all the people we've lost. I believe in the Biblical God. The thought of dying in itself don't worry me, the thought of leaving nobody to care for my loved ones does though. I do want to have a quick, violent death with my boots on anyway.

Starry

I'm an Atheist. So I'm 100% sure that we just cease to exist.

Being an Atheist doesn't automatically rule it out... There are Atheists I've personally known who do believe in an afterlife...

There is not the slightest trace of an evidence how we should continue to exist.

Actually, there is evidence if you care to look for it... Now whether this evidence has other interpretations or not is a completely different matter... I've read quite a few books now, dealing with evidence for an afterlife and reincarnation... I've seen tons of evidence... although I believe there are other possible explanations for much of it, some of it does leave one questioning...

There is no proof that a soul exist, or some mystical energy, or anything else.

I agree 100% with this... But then, there is very little proof for many things which we do accept scientifically... Lots of evidence, but very little absolute proof...

---------

As for my personal opinion on the subject... I have to say, I am completely agnostic about it. I simply do not know. I am completely open to all possibilities... I have read many books upon the subject and there is some very interesting evidence, but nothing strong enough to sway me either way...

I personally hope that there is some form of afterlife, although I think I'd be a little disappointed with reincarnation... I don't wish to be someone else... I'm most drawn to becoming part of a "whole", perhaps combining with infinite love/energy/awareness... Or something to that effect. Although, I'd be equally happy with floating around the universe, exploring it...

However, I'd rather not die at all...