What do you think about religion?

Silatuyok

I did know someone who was clinically dead for 3 minutes. So I asked him if he saw anything. I was hoping he would tell me there was a white light at the end of the tunnel, but no, he said there was nothing. If that is true then it kind of sucks big time.

Nothing sounds great to me. :)

Nathália

I'm an atheist, but I couldn't stand that movie. I don't like seeing people get exploited or made fun of.

I agree Marie.

It never sat right with me to call people idiots/harsh names because they have not reached the same conclusion. People are more likely to pick up on ad hominem attacks more than anything else.

If someone deeply believes something and you're screaming and calling them idiots and stuff, do you think more people would want to believe what you do or avoid it and see the negatives in it because they were hurt?

:confused:

Rembrandt Broam

I did know someone who was clinically dead for 3 minutes. So I asked him if he saw anything. I was hoping he would tell me there was a white light at the end of the tunnel, but no, he said there was nothing.

Nothing? Not even a Starbucks? But they're everywhere! ;)

Gaucho

i don't know in what i believe, i try to find something to believe, but i just can't.probably I'm a atheist, but i always wonder, what if hell exists, what if karma really exists, what if afterlife really exists. ill probably never know.
my heroes are these indian gurus, who find their inner peace, were exterior things don't have relevance in their life.
If what Ekhart tolle says is true and possible, then i dream to arrive to that state of happiness like he did. He says he spent 2 years on the streets and sent days sitting on benches in parks and felt inner peace, he is and was illuminated from his soul. the pure state of happiness. that would be my religion

Boby

what if hell exists

If there is a Hell where even non-believers go than I'll be glad to go there because all the greatest minds of human kind were non-believers and I will spent an eternity speaking to those great people(the torture wont even matter) or if Hell is place were only bad people go than I don't have to worry because I'm not a bad person.So either way it's a win for me...but there's even a better option:the option were Hell doesn't exists.

Gaucho

hey boby

mhh, good point , but still don't know if i think the same.

btw i just read you passed your exams, I'm happy for you buddy, really.

Boby

btw i just read you passed your exams, I'm happy for you buddy, really.
Thanks Gaucho.
The exams I had for this semester yes...but I still have to pass the other exams I failed last semester and year,in fact I even have 2 failed exams from my second year lol

blossoms

I was brought up Catholic by my family and attended a Catholic school up to 6th grade. I'm not religious, though, and I never really believed strongly even when I was going to the Catholic school and church.

market.garden

R u from england english people are very intolerant of other cultures

Great sweeping generalisation about English people there...

Actually, I can see how what I said can be misinterpreted as racist. My bad! ::eek::

The country I'm talking about is Iran where most of my family is from. Religion has near enough ruined the country ::(:

Gaucho

i don't know in what i believe in, i try to find something, but i just don't believe in anything with my heart. I'm strange.

Duzmiu

i dont beleive in a relgion but i do beleive that someone or something created us, the only problem i find is there is so many religions now, how can you be sure what one is real and what is not.

alot of people say god didnt create man we evolved but who put that organism on the planet that evolved and created all the wonder in the world in the first place.

weberriver

It's not for me. Which is not to say that I don't believe there could be an afterlife or spirits or whatever. But so many religions get hooked up on being the only "right" one, that it seems to be little more than a huge power construct. I just can't see how some people can go through their lives absolutely convinced that their religion is specially chosen by God, that only THEY have the only pure embodiment of "truth", whilst they are living on a planet filled with billions of people and thousands of different religions. As if out of all the options, the correct religion just so happened to be the one they were born into. What a remarkably lucky coincidence!