What do you think about love?

Kat

I think this is one of the biggest issues with the concept of romantic love - it goes againts our nature.

I think men are supposed to **** as many women as possible and women are supposed to stay with one man. That is how it goes in nature. Women get emotionally attached, men much less so. The concept of love is sooo different to different genders, it's simply INSANE to think it could ever work! ::(:

That’s not completely true and there's animals in nature that are completely monogamous.

Last edited:

overcome.

Like I've heard people say in the past, it's the best and worst thing in the world. Each end of the spectrum affects you in staggering ways. I do think also that it's better to have loved and lost, than never have loved at all. That way, you'll always have a life experience (and with any luck, a few personal lessons) that you'll remember forever.

Life is all about experience and knowledge in my book, and how you use both to get what you desire.

Kat

I haven’t read through all this, but I will just say, you can love someone without loving yourself, yeah, it may make things a bit trickier but mental health issues can hit at anytime in your life, Personally if I ever get any type of illness at any point of my relationship, it wouldn’t be fair but I hope love would be the thing that got us through it, and those type of obstacles that’s life throws at us would just make us stronger. It is hard work but anything that’s worth anything usually is.

AGR

I think this is one of the biggest issues with the concept of romantic love - it goes againts our nature.

I think men are supposed to **** as many women as possible and women are supposed to stay with one man. That is how it goes in nature. Women get emotionally attached, men much less so. The concept of love is sooo different to different genders, it's simply INSANE to think it could ever work! ::(:

I dont think so,women are just as guilty as men,but men tend to brag more while women are sneaky about it,in my opinion.

bony666

I don't I have or will have any true love in my lie: cause if it had to happen, it would alreadty have; and still nothing as turning 27 next month :(((

I think one of the reasons is that I don't let other people know me, am very reserved and never let go my emotions: I end up considered just like a random person even if I have some great qualities.
Feels really sad to see everyone enjoying love and filled with affection and warm feelings.. when am lonely in the cold

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
My married cousin who's been with his wife for 15 years (dated 5, married for 10) is getting a divorce. He told me a couple of days ago, I was stunned. The guy's only a week older than me and we've always been pretty close, but I never saw this coming.

I look at them and wonder if that's what would have happened to me if I'd been less shy. Date. Marry. Divorce. Then I wonder if it's all even worth it. Maybe we've gotten out ahead by being socially phobic all these years.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking, or maybe love just doesn't last that long anymore.

goldenholds

You can not have love without pain, nor joy without sadness. If you try to have just one or the other you will become anxious. If you accept both and can cope with both, then the anxiousness will go away.

Silentknight

I hope to make friends with love one day. I can't ask for much more for I have nothing left to offer it except the bits and pieces left after our last encounter.

agoraphobickatie

Maybe that's just wishful thinking, or maybe love just doesn't last that long anymore.

i'm pretty sure love still lasts like it always has, but sometimes the people we fall in love with don't.. people change, and they don't change together or stick it out like they used to. we got lazy.

and about love.. i think you truly love someone when you want to do everything to be everything for that person. you want to be the best person you can be for them. you both kinda feel that way and it all works out, awww.. :) ha

ttyl

I fully agree that love is too complicated. Would you agree that many people take themselves way too seriously, and have highly exaggerated opinions of themselves? If you agree with that, then I would have to say that these same people who have such an exaggerated view of themselves also have an exaggerated view on love as it is a function of the self. I wont give you the old cliché, “there is someone out there for everyone”, because you and I both know that may not be true, but I will say that real love is everywhere and is often ignored and set aside for the sake of this fictitious concept of “truelove.” Good luck to you.

staticreflex

I think there are different kinds of love: Parents love for a child, Love between two friends, Love for a significant other

I think that peole get who romantize love tend to be the ones who never had any in there life, even from their parents and view it as a life panacea. I view true love as two equal healthy people getting all their needs fullfilled by each other.

Rembrandt Broam

It gives you weird feelings in your stomach and chest.

I get that if I eat cheese, but I think that's more likely to be lactose intolerance than love. ;)

Love's a very complex thing. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be so many songs, books and films made about it. But one definition I've always liked is that the other person's happiness and wellbeing should be more important to you than your own. I don't think that sums up all love is by any means, but I think it is a good starting point.

Kiwong

Love with another person is the furtherest thing from my mind. My anxiety gets so bad that all I wish for is to being able to communicate with another person without the intense fear of being judged or misunderstood.

I phrase it this way.

Not to be loved, or even liked, but just to fit in.

I do love running, taking photos of nature, sunrises and sunsets, my pet Cockatiel. These things bring peace to my mind; they are a life saving distractions an oasis from harm.

Like others have said, there is a fear of getting hurt, or hurting others in an intimate relationship. I have never been that kind of relationship, and it is unlikely that I ever will.

mrb

love is is great , it can turn you twist you make you nuts , make you low make you high , the only thing you can guarantee is you will never be board :rolleyes::D

ありがとう

I think love is beautiful... To me, when I see a person in love, I think it makes them shine. When someone acts nervous around someone they like, it looks cute... And when they cry when it doesn't work out, their tears and themselves still look beautiful.. The things love can drive you to do... Of course... jealousy, being clingy, break up isn't a good thing.. But that is a part of love, all good things have bad things too.

Ree_Ree

Love is more than a feeling or emotion: but an out-going concern for others. Love is a gift from God, and love IS God (Real love of course.)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.