What do you see in the mirror?

Let me look. Ooh, a hunky guy who looks like a god. Wow, look at that huge- oh, wait. Thats a picture. Oh. The mirror. Well. Umm. Well I'm only wearing uderwear (i know, a typo, but it made me seem like a cow so I'm leaving it). I'm only wearing underwear so from the shoulders down i look like crap. I try not to look. But from the shoulders up, not to boast, but i think I look pretty bloody good. It's because my hair looks nice, when my hair looks bad I look terrible.

I'm guessing you wont appreciate such a long post, but oh well

Beyond Timid

It depends. Some days I look really pretty and some days I look plain ugly. When I take a photograph of myself, I look terrible, but if a friend takes it, I look unreal.
Personally, I think it's the lighting that makes you look bad at certain times. If you want to find the best image of yourself, step out in sunlight. It makes anyone look a thousand times better. You'll notice it in pictures taken in places like parks.

carecrab

i have it with mirrors and photo's. Even when i do my best to look good, i still have those things under my eyes because i dont sleep enough

Same with the compliments. When somebody does compliment me i tend to 'sortof bring down' the compliment.. like nah that's not true.

Inferiorpotter

Yea I see flaws. Sometimes I think I look okay, but mostly I wish my face shape was more oval. My face shape is a little bit wider. Not too wide, but definitely not an egg shape. SO I often imagine me having that oval egg shape face. And I always compare myself to good looking people with that face shape.

AsTimeBurns

Depends. Sometimes I see someone who I think looks alright. Other times I see a monster who shouldn't be allowed out in public. The latter of which is much more common in photos than mirror though.

Lucy:)

I think I look even gawkier when I'm out in public, especially when viewed from the side.

I'm the same!

I struggle with looking in mirrors and photos. I just see everything that's wrong with me :/ For a long time I used too slouch down when sitting in the back of the car so I couldn't see myself in the drivers mirror. I think my SA is rooted around my negative view of my appearance.

mikebird

Banned
There's nothing physically wrong with my image.

I wish one person had ever taken a photo of me, and known how to, or ever had any interest in the beauty of photography, as I do.

In the last 10 years, when I look in a mirror, I see a pair of dark holes in my eyes. I stare for a while and get into that bad moment of 'thinking about me' far too much.

I have laughed, and I think the last time I did, right inside - that 'ho,ho' feeling in the guts, was on a post on this website.

My tank of well-being inside is not quite completely empty, yet

Last edited:

Helmaninquiel

I used to look in mirrors constantly. I thought for awhile there that I was the ugliest person alive, I did this for like a year. I would never leave my house cause of it but then recently I've been seeing a pretty person and others also saw it too. It was just the state of mind I was in I didn't like myself at all and I was constantly depressed and hating the world. It was easier for me to blame the fact that I wasn't perfect looking and I convinced myself that I was messed up because of that reason but the truth is I was so messed up cause of the way society worked and was and I was completely different. Looks don't make you shine, the personality makes you shine. and because I felt like I lost my personality because of depression I felt like I had to be perfect looking.

CZi

I used to look in mirrors constantly. I thought for awhile there that I was the ugliest person alive, I did this for like a year.....

Wow, that post summed up how I felt (and still kinda feel) for a very long time. I battle with my image to this day, so major kudos to ya Helmaninquiel! I still haven't gotten to the point where when I can look into a mirror and see myself as handsome or attractive. I've made the logical connection that what I perceive isn't entirely logical, but I can't forge a relationship between that and how I emotionally feel, it's just too strong. I've gotten to the point where I can say "good enough" and force myself out the door instead of isolating, but I still don't like what I see. Especially anything to do with my skin and/or ears. D: But I refuse to let it keep me away from life!

Last edited:

redtear

When I look in the mirror I see acne scarred skin and yellow/crooked teeth.
(neither my fault, my mother never had soap or toothpaste in the house (Good Lord, why do ALL my posts come back to my mother!!!!) )
Cameras don't catch the scarring, nor the teeth, since I don't smile in photos. I know that other than these two things I am actually quite pretty. I hope to fix both one day. But in the mean time I feel like a monster.

Imaginary

Like this one~
lolmememirrorphotosfavi.jpg

KiaKaha

Banned
I see what I think other people see...

Overwhelming mediocrity. Sublime indifference.

Last edited:

Iluv

I see the ugliest person ever. Pale, dry blonde hair with rings under her eyes and a messed up nose. ::(:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

An ugly girl. Sometimes pretty. But usually just ugly or unattractive. I guess some of it does have to do with your perception.

Pale, dry blonde hair with rings under her eyes and a messed up nose. ::(:

Hey, that sounds like me minus the blonde hair.

bsammy

i like what i see when i look in the mirror..ive had enough compliments to know im decent looking or better BUT where my problem comes in is when im surrounded by people..my self-image becomes distorted..