What do you imagine?

Bo592

what kind of stuff do you like to imagine to help make yourself feel better ? Do you like to picture your SA as a beast that you have to fight in order to feel better? Do you picture it as somthing that you have to throw away? Do you like to picture a imaginary friend that narrate the thing going on in your social life ?

Shyangel

I try and use logic to get over it, it doesn't really help...Nothing does. But I believe I'll find a way to deal with it some day, I just hope it isn't too long from now. What do you try and do to deal with your SA, Bo?

Bo592

I try and use logic to get over it, it doesn't really help...Nothing does. But I believe I'll find a way to deal with it some day, I just hope it isn't too long from now. What do you try and do to deal with your SA, Bo?
Sometimes, I just got to forget that conversations has consequence. because that usual the reason I normal don`t say anything.

Imogen

I tend to just go over in my head what I need to do and what I need to say repeatedly, so that I'm not too tongue tied when I speak to people. It helps occasionally I like to think. I like having clear plans on what I'm doing, so I figure if I go over stuff a lot, I might not feel so terrified. xD

Never tought in that way about SA, at least with a end in mind. Although today I just saw myself imagening myself that I'm SA, but just Ignore with all the strenght i've. That just reliefes the fear of being SA in one or other situation. Does it works? Sometimes!

Iluv

I like to imagine the unimaginable. Sometimes I like to test how far the boundaries of my creativity will go. As for my social situation, it all usually repeats of what already happened but what I really wanted to do but was too scared to.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I'll daydream, from things as mundane as having a conversation or going mini-golfing with people to things as fanatical and elaborate as a scifi novel or superhero movie. A form of escapism, it's nice to break from reality. Also planning makes me feel better, contemplating ways to make my fantasies a reality. Not always realistic, but knowing they're plausible makes me feel better :)

JustWannaLove

I'll daydream, from things as mundane as having a conversation or going mini-golfing with people to things as fanatical and elaborate as a scifi novel or superhero movie. A form of escapism, it's nice to break from reality. Also planning makes me feel better, contemplating ways to make my fantasies a reality. Not always realistic, but knowing they're plausible makes me feel better :)

same here...i often write continuing 'slice of life' stories where i am not so shy/things happen like i wish they would in real life/i take the real me and see how i react in different situations. It's my way of ideal interaction (not like the real world where i screw up everything i say and embarrass myself and regress as a person), even though the people aren't real. and it also helps me develop myself, my personality and how to talk with others.
i also like to write stories where i actually develop a close relationship with someone despite my fears, and i am able to tell them my true feelings, and become a better person, less SA etc. and i do normal things, like go out to eat, hang out, cinema, and not just staying in my room all alone like i do in real life.
Music also helps me to imagine things, and i really like sunny days. they just bring back a happy mood for me somehow...but there's not a lot of sun when its not summer, so i cherish the moments it shines unexpectedly and the sky is blue. i can imagine myself in the clouds, it's nice. i also like drawing pictures where my persona is doing something happily. it makes me happy cause i feel like that's me on that piece of paper and i imagine it in my head.
and reading manga is nice. it's usually comedy and it makes me laugh a lot. it usually takes me away from reality.

in real life i live in my own bubble and in my own dream...i hate the reality of life...i avoid it as much as possible.

Last edited:
I picture SA as a distortion of a straight line and that if I want to get rid of it I'd have to make the line straight. I also picture the words "brute force" flying towards SA and once it hits it *KAPOWBOOMSMASH* it destroys the SA for the time being.

Bo592

My mentor when I was a kid tot me this one. Pick a happy memory one that make you feel real happy and com like Christmas morning . Thank of a code word to help you tap in to that moment like if it christmas morning than say " Christmas" Than when you are trouble with a bad thought Than tap your four head and pretend your head is a vcr and take out the bad tape in your head and then throw it a way. Then say Christmas your code word then start thanking of that moment that made you feel so relax and happy.

OceanMist

I just stick with reality. I never use imagination unless I'm doing relaxation exercises at home. That imagination stuff would just distract me from the task at hand.

Bo592

I just stick with reality. I never use imagination unless I'm doing relaxation exercises at home. That imagination stuff would just distract me from the task at hand.
I see your point your trying to make but I always see imagination as a way of thinking not a distraction . people become bright because they have somthing going on in there mind. I think focusing on to mini at once can be a distraction . Having a good imagination is like giving yourself a new pair of eyes that can change the way you act in the real world.

Section_31

Honestly, this will probably sound stupid to most.

I think of the x-men. Mutants. how normal society perceived them and didnt understand them. And i feel some minor parralels. Just makes me feel not so much alone.

MrJones

I think of the x-men. Mutants. how normal society perceived them and didnt understand them. And i feel some minor parralels. Just makes me feel not so much alone.
Stupid? Absolutely not. Mutants FTW! :D

Bo592

I don`t thank that stupid X-men is a cool mind set. Lone Gunman, I thank you are a cool guy.

Kinetik

I don't have an imaginary world in the strictest sense of the word but I'm very nostalgic so I often think back to happy experiences I had in the past. I also rely heavily on pleasant thoughts, daydreams, and vivid imagery to get me through the days. Mental pictures in general are a big help. I can google beautiful scenery all day and get completely lost in the photos. I also have this one tv channel called ZenTV which is basically just perfect landscapes coupled with relaxing music. That sort of thing is right up my street.

coyote

i imagine candle light

and clean sheets

and she smells like lavender

Last edited: