What bad things have others at school ever said or did to you?

lily

For me, it's "where did you get that?!" (a chuckle) in gr. 7
In gr. 9 I had a really bad haircut in which the person scraped my hair and it looked damaged so I looked bad and this guy put a paper on my back. I knew he did it and took it off. He said after school a name he made up for me and said "what are you looking at" like I didn't deserve to look at him just b/c I looked bad. People would know that name. Another girl that year I told her, "you look at me like I'm weird" and she said "You are wierd." I asked her in science class, "r you done' b/c I let her borrow my notes. And she rudely, disrespectfully said 'Does it look like I'm done?" I just meant 'r you almost done?' We went on a trip that year and the people in the car including her I don't know who did it hid a vietnamese sandwich I had and that girl said 'woof'. Then it was given back to me. I learned that if I look bad people wouldn't like me but that's not true with everyone.
A chubby guy that year would come to my locker and like lock it and I had to open it all the time and then once he took it and threw it in the empty little garbage can and this cool girl said 'Don't do that.' And then he stopped.
This girl in grade 7 who looked like a witch said "ill, I hate her!" I didn't think anything was wrong w/ me but she did. She was white (greek) and I'm oriental like I posted in the 'Post your picture thread'. It was a Greek dominated school.
She did the rabbit ears quotation mark behind my head and laughed. She always looked at me in a stare like she thinks I'm not good enough and I only saw her do it to me, not anyone else but she was not nice to others too.

cont... I'm just doing this for healing purposes. I recall I was sixteen and started having eye contact problems and talking to my sister about it or something on my bunkbed, it really hurt. I was devastated b/c I was seen as pretty in the oriental elementary school I was in before and I felt it was important to be good-looking and that was in junior high it was a hard time for me especially then.

Last edited:
I don't want things to be stuck in my system so I want to let these things out, it's like a therapy that gets toxins out

Grapevine does a kind of "automatic writing", which she says helps immensely. :)

For myself, i wouldn't know where to start, as i've been bullied & picked-on my whole life. So i won't write anything here, for now, unless something comes especially to mind.

I've been hurt a lot, but i've also written a lot. So i think i may have gotten most things "out" either on paper or on the computer. But i still feel "damaged".

Damaged by bullying, ignorant, nasty, bad people. That's a big reason why i have social phobia. But in life, i think for all people, shlt happens. It just varies in amount & severity.

grapevine

The automatic writing thing is a particularly long saga of woes but it does really really help me like Lowest said : )

I think I was lucky I dont recall getting remarked like that at school but I did have other things that traumatised me.

Thats the thing, if these things really still affect how you see yourself than letting them out like this can be helpful. There is also writing letters to people - just don't send them, there is what my therapist calls 'The Chair Work' which can be hilariously difficult at times as its so confronting. You basically sit facing an empty chair and talk as if the person you have trauma or issues with or have had in your past is sitting there. You even alternate between that being that person and being yourself and getting up to sit in the different chairs. Even so, you can be different parts of yourself with another chair as your 'higher self'. It gets pretty intense, esp with a therapist watching. But you can do it alone too.

For what ever people have said about you, for the things we remember that make wounds- I find that for myself remembering those things makes if hard to remember compliments and nice things from people if and when Ive had some. Because remember our brains go in one-way streets and gather up information to secure a thought and then ultimately a belief. Its worth trying to think of nice things too if you can.

Kiwong

, Kids used to follow me and call me "monkey man"

I was called a poofta, sexless, backward.

At work a colleague threw me into a file compactus, because I refused to answer to the name "hermsy."

Lables I have been called.

Weirdo, weird, head job, nut, soft, insane, strange, nut case.

Shirtlifter.

These names really shit me because I look at the people saying them and I humbly think I've got more intelligence in my little finger than they have in their whole body.

Last edited:

cappatown420

School was horrible but the most hurtful things said to me was by my older brother.

He went on to tell me how I'm a loser because I have no friends, no one likes me, that I will never amount to anything, and all I am is a waste of space.

It's one thing to think that about yourself, but when you have your brother confirm all those things, that they are true, is does hurt. Never forgave him. He never said sorry. I got in trouble for saying "**** you" in response.

He said all that shit to me because he was mad that I let the dog inside of our barn.

The worst things people said to me or about me were in regards to my looks. I was called ugly in every way you can think of, every slang word.

I once had my face down in my arms on my desk, and when I looked up a boy's face was right there close to mine, and he said, "Hello!" Another boy said to him, "Eurgh, you got close to it!" It. Like a creature, not a girl.

Another time in English class some girls were loudly discussing who the prettiest girls in the year were, and one particularly loathsome girl shouted my name and then cackled.

I had one boy go "eurgh" every time he saw me, girls throw chewing gum at me. Once in P.E/gym I was crying, and when the teacher sent me off to sit with the bad kids by the fence, I was told by one of the bitchy girls sitting there that I shouldn't cry, it makes me weak. I said it's easy for you.

School was terrible. I got outta there early. Problem is I've been scared of being in public since, believing my face is "too ugly" and liable to be insulted. I learned that my face was remarkably ugly.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Oh jeez! A lot of racial abuse...

This big fat lad and his friend hound me with it on an almost daily basis. The n-word, Paki. Comparing my appearance to a monkey. But that stop once my older sister complained to the school. They mocked my physical disability as well.

But I got my own back on him years later when he started on me again during secondary school though. One day during lunch break, after he constantly try to get my attention and my mates who I was sitting with telling me to just ignore him, I just responded by shouting him over to my table. First thing I say to the big lad:

“Awrite, big man? Take a seat. In fact, take that yin as well...”​

Which got a unexpected laugh from his friend. I then proceeded to tell how hellish he made my early school life, in middle of this, he asks me if I was done n’ go: “Aye, hold on... The pie and chips are just over there anyway”, nodding my head in the direction of the cafferia. He says nothing, but I heard one of my mates whispers to the other: “Eh, did he just say that...?” Then erupting in laughter. After he apologises to me for how he treated me in the past, I shake his hand and say sorry for all the things I just said. And that I was just proving my point, the big guy just laugh it off, saying he kinda deserved it anyway.

Another time during secondary school, this boy who I befriend that was a couple years younger than me - and also physically disabled - was getting picked on by another lad who was in a few of the same class as him. One day, again during lunch break, unknown to me, this lad sits at the table directly opposite us, and just starts with the name calling... whispering “You’re a spastic”, clapping quietly and saying it again.

I lean into Daniel, the boy whom this remark is directed at and asking if that the boy who’s been bullying him. He confirms that it is, and that the boys sitting to the left and right of the boy taunting us, are also in a few of the same classes as Daniel. Daniel then asks if I’m going to batter them, and I go:

”Nah! Worse than that... Watch this!”​
So wait until this wee chant begins again, and before the lad does for umpteenth time, I go:

”Hey! Sorry to interrupt, but did you just say “You’re a spastic”?”
“Eh? Ah wus talking to him, not you!”
“Aw, so you admit it, then?”
“Huh!? Admit what?”
“That you’re a spastic? That is what ye said, right?”

Silence!

“What? Nay response or witty comebacks?”
, I asked. This lad is just sitting there, frowning at me. So, I break the tension by saying:
”Eh, that’s not a good look. If a gust o’ wind blows your direction while looking like that yer face might stay that way forever”

Daniel finally goes at that point, head in his hands, laughing. Finally, as the boy who had been taunting us gets up to leaving the cafeteria with his mates, he has a comeback: “Duh! F*ckin’ Paki”. Without missing a beat I responded with...

”Ha! Built-in sun tan, ya daft mong!”​

Oh, and there’s a few other incidents during primary school. A lad just a younger than me was mocking the way I walk due to my disability, this was after school as I’m making my way to my oldest sister’s car, she come to pick me up. My friend at the time, Scott tells me to keep walking, just ignore it. But, no, I turn march up to the boy, who had the old moptop hairdo and wore glasses.

”Say that again! Tae ma face this time. C’mon! Call me a mong again, specky. C’mon!”
“Graeme, just leave it!”
“So, just let him saying it behind ma back then?! Naw! Don’t thinks so!”

After waiting for what seemed like ages, I go: “Can I try on yer glasses?”, grabbing then before a response is even given. Put them on, and ask my friend: “How do I look? D’they suit me?” Then, before handing them back, I deliver a right hook to the jaw of the boy who just mocked me. BOOM! Down he goes, like a bag of spuds. And I just... walk away. Unaware that 3 teachers have just witnessed the latter part of this confrontation out of context. :eek: Just me belting some younger lad in the gob for no apparent reason. :giggle:

They’re yelling at me to come back and say sorry. But I keep on walking, and getting into my sister’s car, pissed off look on my face. My oldest sister asks me what’s wrong put I say nothing. My mate then knocks on the car door at my passenger side, I wind down the window to him laughing and saying: “You’re gonnae be in trouble tomorrow”. My sister again asks what happened, my friend jumps in the back seat and recounts the whole incident. Then she looks at me again and asks:
”Is that true, Graeme?”
“Uh-huh!”
“Serves him right”
, she says. Very matter of fact about it.
“And, at least ya hud the decency to take him glasses off first. That wus good o’ ye” This got a laugh. Then my older sister who sitting behind the driver’s side in the back goes: “Ah cannae believe... did you really dae that, Graeme?” And my friend just goes: “Aye! Ah wus standing right next tae ‘em as he did it! Graeme, can we tell Dougie and Steven about this during break the morra? That’s if you’ve got detention. They’re gonnae huv a right laugh...”​

Next day, I apologise to the boy in the playground, in front of the teacher who saw me hit him. Then Scott and his mate Douglas come up to us and ask about what happened, and we laugh about it.

And the final incident was 18 year ago, during the spring, when I total snapped. The older brother of one of my classmates was giving me grief for months up to this point. Him and his 2 friends. So, after a back and forth of him asking me if I’d retaliate if he hit me, I get sucker punched in the gut and spat on.

Aww... gonnae cry n’ tell the teacher, are ye?”
“No!”
“What then?”
“This!”

I then proceed to punch him in the stomach, and take him down to a knee by grabbing him in arm lock.
”Ah, my arm!”​
. And with that, he’s f*ckin’ scream loud enough that now the whole playground are baring witness to this 12 year old skinhead getting his arse handed to him.

“Right, ya b@$@%*! Say sorry... and I’ll let ye go”
“Promise?”
“Aye!”
”Sorry!
“Speak up, MacKenzie! Ah didnae quite hear that!”
SORRY!!

To the right of me, in my peripheral vision, I see one of MacKenzie’s mates, this fat, curly haired lad - is fixing to punch me upside the head. But I look up quick enough, and bellowed: “Didnae even... !! You were gonna hit me there, weren’t ya?!” As I’ve still got his mate crying on one knee. Next thing he starts begging and pleading for me not to hurt him. Which I DON’T. Pointing out that I could’ve done so within mere seconds of grabbing him. So, I let him go, and knee him in the left-ribs as he drops to the tarmac, blubbering.

I’m still in fowl mood. Red-faced, running of adrenaline and rage. So, I decided might as well make the most of the attention and start picking a fight with the chubby who came close to hitting me in the back of the head.

C’mon then, fatty! What you gonnae do - eat me?! If ah hit you will you hit me back? C’mon! Square go. Look! I’ll even make it easy - hands behind my back. Go! No? Okay, I’ll shut. My eyes. Well, then? What’s ya waiting for, take a shot. Didn’t think so!”

And last of this trio is just standing a few feet from three of my classmates who are witnessing all this, dumbfounded. I shout him over, no response. I shout again, ”Hey, Bobby? C’mere!”. Still nothing... I finally get pissed off and march right up to him, telling him I haven’t got all day.

”Aye! Yer not so tough now, are ye? Don’t you... ever try that with me again! Got that?! Same goes fur you, MacKenzie!”
“Ah think you’ve broken my arm?”
“Aye right! Ah didnae hear it break, sorry. And you’d know if I had... cuz you wouldnae clutching it like that. Now, pick him up, and get tae! Away n’ tell a teacher, I’m sure they’ll believe ya”

With that, I walk over to my 3 classmates, Steve, Scott and Douglas and breakdown in tears. Crying, slumped against the steel fence that leads out into the car park. :crying:

”You awrite, Graeme?”, Scott asks
“Eh, aye... Did ye no just see that, Scott?”, Douglas says, shocked
“Where did that come fae, man?! Whoa! Bet they didnae expect that?”, Steven says, not quite believing what I just did.

Douglas just laughs and reassure me that: “Well, one things certain: They’ll no be bothering you again, Graeme. EVER!

”D’ye think I’ll get in trouble?”
“Naw! No efter that... Nay chance!”

Last edited:
Next day, I apologise to the boy in the playground, in front of the teacher who saw me hit him. Then Scott and his mate Douglas come up to us and ask about what happened, and we laugh about it.

I wish you'd walked out of this one Scot free, the bаstаrd deserved it after all )-=

Graeme1988

I wish you'd walked out of this one Scot free, the bаstаrd deserved it after all )-=

Ah know... but the principal, PE teacher and another teacher all saw me deck the lad. Also, was that Scot free pun intentional? :giggle: If so, well done. But if not thanks for making me laugh. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Sorry, i thought you were Scottish, not from Pakistan.

Oh, I am Scottish! But, due being mixed race - African father, white Scottish mother - and light skinned that made most of my racist bullies just automatically assume that I was from Pakistan. :eek:mg: :rolleyes:

Which reminds of the only other genuinely funny incidents when I managed to outsmart a group of lads who kept coming up to me during the morning interval and go: “Why don’t you go back ya came from?”. Then, when bell rang to go back inside to class, as I’m making my way there I get stopped by a group o’ lads on football pitch who yell to me:

”Hey! Hey, paki, where ya going?! Home?!” They’re aw laughing.
I just responded with monotone sarcasm: “Very funny. Aye, that’s right lads, I’m gan home... at 11 o’clock in morning, cuz why bother coming here? Where d’ye think!? It’s the end of break! Did yous no hear the bell? Or are ye deaf as well as dumb like? Oh! And if ah wus gan hame, ah live just up the road so didnae huv far tae walk. Whit?! Aw, d’you lot think ah get a boat tae school every morning or summit?”

Aye, ah know... I had quite a gob on me when it came to answering back when I was younger. Got slapped in the face by a lassie who was in the same year as me during secondary school because of my sarcastic wit. :bigsmile:

btw i find pakistanian girls pretty

Same here. :shyness: