What are some nicknames you have acquired?

Starry

and a lot of times people mix up my name and call me Veronica, which sux.

That always happened to me at school - in reverse - since my name is Veronica... I hated it when people called me Victoria! lol... Of course, I never corrected them... Too quiet and scared...

Anyway, nicknames... I get called "V" and "V'ron" and "Ron"/ "Ronnie"... The only one I find tolerable is "V", I hate the others with a burning passion!

I'd like a proper nickname, but nobody's ever given me one :( ... I on the other hand frequently give people nicknames... My husband is "Sweetie pie" or "Stinky-butt" (haha), my dog is "Jazzie-bag", "Jazzie-wazzie", "Sugar lump", "Sweetie", "Waggie" or "Jasmine"... My old dogs were "Benito", "Bendy", "Chocie", "Biscuit" and "Lazy-loose-legs"... My sister was "Salsa-dip", my nieces were "T-bag" and "Spade".

Labyrinthine

That always happened to me at school - in reverse - since my name is Veronica... I hated it when people called me Victoria! lol... Of course, I never corrected them... Too quiet and scared...

That happens to me all the time, except my nickname is Cassie and it seems 70% of people think I'm saying Casey. Such a small difference, but it drives me crazy!

Hm. I don't get many nicknames. It's normally just the typical variations of Cassandra; Cassie, Cass, Casserole. ::p: The classic Sassy Cassie. For a while, the friends I used to have would play with the sound of my name more so than anything, which is rather hard to explain.
People tend to call me dork, but it is always been more so endearingly, thankfully. My mom calls me Boo over a rather embarrassing incident when I was little..

razzle dazzle rose

I'd like a proper nickname, but nobody's ever given me one :( ... I on the other hand frequently give people nicknames.

Me too! Growing up I really wanted a nickname, preferably something cute. Oh, yeah, people have called me names, but none of those stuck either, ha. The good thing is that I like my name; it is a simple name, yet people mispronounce it. It drives me nuts, and quiet as I am, I will still correct them every time.

I like giving people nicknames. Even my cats have nicknames.

GraybeardGhost

I never had a nickname when I was growing up. Everyone called me by my middle name, which I absolutely detest. Finally, when I was in my mid-twenties, I had enough, and gave myself a nickname, based on an uncommon abbreviation of my given first name. Now, anyone who dares to call me by my middle name does so at his own peril.

chibiXphantom

only a few family members call me this, but 'twinkie' is one of my nicknames cause i used to wear light-up shoes all the time when i was really little.
other nicknames are: britterz, britt britt, stuff like that
and 'grandma'. was a performing arts camp that was going on the same time as a camp for special needs people. one of them came up to me and said i was the best grandma lol. so all my friends from that camp call me grandma now

laure15

High school wasn't so bad, but in uni, people call me "stupid girl" instead of referring to my name. It was horrible. I live in a conservative state, and I think people are not as open-minded about mental illnesses and disorders. In society, you can either be "normal" or "not-normal". Society tends to group the "not-normal" people all in 1 category and call them names such as "stupid."

Last edited:

FlashGit

My family calls me Og (pronounced OG, not oh gee) and one of my friends calls me Lion because she says i have a lion's mane (i have very long golden brown curly hair)