What are some nicknames you have acquired?

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

What are some nicknames you have acquired & why? Mainly positive or neutral things, please. It would be great if you could explain :)

All of my nicknames are fairly basic/straightforward
I'll start with the ones off the top of my head:

• Worm - bookworm; i'm usually found with my nose stuck in a book of some sort :)
  • Techi (pronounced tekki .-.) - good with technology
  • Sleeping Bear - i'm really laid back unless i get agitated (which is rare)
  • Music Guru - i love my music
  • Ginger - i'm a redhead
  • Ghost/Shadow - i'm very light on my feet & can go unnoticed easily if i wish
  • Fire - slight temper/fiery personality
  • Flash - i love running & have been told that i'm fast & have good endurance
  • Freckles - tons of freckles
  • Dork - some of my humor is cheesy ::p:
  • Dreamer - i zone out/daydream a lot

I just realized that my brain was working almost completely backwards when making that list.. Tehehe :D

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Interesting thread. I'm keeping my list short, mostly because a few of mine are really personal and I feel paranoid about someone finding me here. Also a few of them are not only embarrassing, but just plain negative, so I won't be posting those either.

• Mar - This is the only one I'm putting that's derived from my name.
  • Wikipedia - My brother gave me this one a few months ago. It's weird, and he doesn't go by it often, but every once in a while.
  • (The) Italian - Because I was the only one of my friends that was Italian, so one of them gave me that nickname just because.
  • Bookworm - I think that's self-explanatory.

Yeah, like I said, keeping it short.

WeirdyMcGee

Years and years ago, some people would call me

-Geisha (started by telling me that I am more asian then them ['them' being my Korean classmates] - not sure how I 'act asian', though...and not sure why 'Geisha' if I am being compared to Koreans. :rolleyes:)
-Audio (my specialty in college/I did audio for every single group and class assignment)
-'Camburglar' (a play on the mcdonalds 'Hamburglar'... because I accidently took someone elses camera at the end of a long workshop day ONE time and could never live it down.)

Mostly, in and out of school- I was referred to by my last name rather than my first... like...a... jock or something.
And in highschool, I was called lots of bad names, so I won't bother going into those.

market.garden

Same here.
I just gave up on hoping to ever hear it pronounced correctly and let them call me the 'dumbed down' version.

Ha, yeah... after a few months of correcting people and not getting anywhere, I just nodded politely like "Meh, whatever works for you."

MikeyC

Mostly, in and out of school- I was referred to by my last name rather than my first... like...a... jock or something.
Yeah, this happened to me, too. I would be called worse things sometimes, too.

My best friend sometimes calls me "M.C. Coma." Don't ask.

Most people call me Mikey.

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

Interesting thread. I'm keeping my list short, mostly because a few of mine are really personal and I feel paranoid about someone finding me here. Also a few of them are not only embarrassing, but just plain negative, so I won't be posting those either.

I made this thread because i was curious to see how large the array of responses would be.

I'm paranoid about someone finding me here too, so i also kept my list from being overly personal.

XxXWhiteRoseXxX

I was referred to by my last name rather than my first... like...a... jock or something.
And in highschool, I was called lots of bad names, so I won't bother going into those.

People call me by my last name all the time, but i am a jock, i suppose (soccer, basketball, softball, & cross country), so it's accounted for? ::p:

I think everyone has been called at least one bad name in their lifetime, but it hurts to be called them anyway. It is kinda nice to know that we are not in the minority. :rolleyes:

Things that rhyme with my name. ..I think ppl around my lack.imagination lol

Jewel/ Jewels because it sounds like my name. Everyone cslls me this even my 3 yr old godson
Buile (pronounced booly) in school because it was an irish cartoon on telly about a snowman and the kids used to shout the theme song at me at least 3 times a day minimum :’(
fatty-it was ironic because I literally had no fat on me til about 21

Nathália

I have a mans first name for a last name, that was me too, especially when I was an army brat. I think I've already posted about my name and how many funny names you can make from it, although I never posted my full name.

I remember when Napoleon dynamite came out my name was "Lawfunduh" or "Lawfundaluh" for a few years. ::(: My name does not look like that by the way.

I used to wear dresses to school, it was Cinderella. I've been called all types of mess! Everyone had a nickname for me and some were very mean.

I remember constantly hearing "the F word", so it deeply affected my confidence. Especially when no one knew me like that.

coyote

called by my last name for 20 years - military and law enforcement environment

or shortened to the first half of my last name

not really unique, since practically every male in my family has gotten the same treatment