Weirding People Out

chris11

I find that having social anxiety issues tends to weird others out. How do you think that ordinary people (those without severe anxiety issues) perceive us? Do you think that it's generally: "that person is bizzare, and I don't trust him? He should stay the hell away."? That's what I think.

Hastings & Main

Depends on the person. Some people I've told are intelligent & show some interest and caring, want to know more, while others just sort of go "Oh, yeah?", get a strange look on their face and quickly change the subject.

dottie

most people in this world are stupid, so yes, most people will not have the scope to understand and appreciate differences in human nature. try to focus on the few who are capable of it.

MikeyC

I don't really weird people out. The only way I would have people look twice is due to me wearing all dark colours and wearing band shirts all the time.

I generally act normal and keep my insecurities and fears to myself.

Nathália

I haven't talked much since a small child and people find me very weird because of that. Shyness and being introverted is supposed to be something that people grow out of according to the people that think I am weird. I think they're weird, we're all weird squishy things on a floating rock around the universe. We're all aliens, wooooooooooo.

MikeyC

I haven't talked much since a small child and people find me very weird because of that. Shyness and being introverted is supposed to be something that people grow out of according to the people that think I am weird. I think they're weird, we're all weird squishy things on a floating rock around the universe. We're all aliens, wooooooooooo.
It's difficult to outgrow a personality trait. Don't worry about that.

SoScared

Slightly off topic but I’ve read so many times of this forum people who I think should know better talking about ‘crazy people’ or ‘hobos’ like they are a separate species and to be avoided at all costs. :mad:

It’s a relative thing. But for the grace of god go I and all of you etc etc.

Kat

yeah, some people! I think some feel I am giving them the cold shoulder everyone is a bit quirky I suppose it goes a bit both ways. :)