was i naughty ?

mrb

i just went to a new cafe on my bike and had a full english breakfast on the sea front , id eaten it all but 1 hash brown , now there was this seagull looking at me , so i threw it the hash brown , needless to say it grabbed it and flew away , with that this woman came out of the cafe and said love cant you read looking bit cross , pointing at a do not feed the seagulls sign , i said err well no :confused: iv been in a car accident and iv got a brain injury , iv lost the abillity to read , and i keep forgeting things as well , she looked at me and said are you taking the piss :confused: i said no i wish i was love , but its true , she looked at me for a bit , then i soppose she made her mind up i was telling the truth :rolleyes: she said oh dont worry about it love , ill get you a cup of tea free on the house , i said thanks , and im sorry about feeding the seagull , no worries she said and i got a free cup of tea :D ....... was i naughty , i of course made it all up .... i await the wrath of spw ......

Remus

Staff member
Yes you are naughty, you posted off topic post in the SA forum, maybe if you got banned you'd pay more attention? maybe you should get banned from that cafe too *makes phone call*

Feathers

lol mrb you crack me up!!

Yes you were naughty!!! Poor lady, probably worrying for three afternoons why she told you that, poor love!!

I think you should start filming a new Mr Bean series instead of terrorizing harmless old ladies!!

the fact that the food establishment doesn't want people to feed the seagulls is their problem not yours...its funny how when people erect signs they automatically assume the sign is going to be an authority that people will just obey mindlessly....unless its a govt. sign and a fine can be impossed, i would continue to feed the seagulls in front of her.

Feathers

Skins, feeding seagulls can be bad for seagulls too - they can get used to getting food from humans and forget their natural instincts to hunt...

(Though if the sea is very polluted they may be better off not fishing.. hmm?)

They can also annoy other tourists then and poo on the establishment..
So I think it's reasonable for them to have that sign.. Probably every now and then someone still 'cheats' anyway... (And that's why she was cross, most probably.. My cousin needs to stay away from that place!! She'd feed the seagulls and pidegons and sparrows too!!)

mrb

Yes you are naughty, you posted off topic post in the SA forum, maybe if you got banned you'd pay more attention? maybe you should get banned from that cafe too *makes phone call*

forgive me great one :) your right it was off topic ... btw has anyone ever told you , when you get cross your nose twiches , and your eye brows rise at least 1 inch , its quite intimidating you know ;)

Sinar_Matahari

You are naughty! Years ago, my husband stood outside the mall with his hat on the ground and pulled his arms into his sleeves waiting for people to walk by and drop money in his hat. It worked! One lady walked by, took pity on him and dropped a few dollars into his hat. He promptly told the lady that he was just pulling a prank. When he used to work at the deli, he and his friend would tell customers BS pity stories. When one woman asked him how he was doing, he told her that his wife had died and he was very down. Again, he eventually told her that he had been joking.

mrb

You are naughty! Years ago, my husband stood outside the mall with his hat on the ground and pulled his arms into his sleeves waiting for people to walk by and drop money in his hat. It worked! One lady walked by, took pity on him and dropped a few dollars into his hat. He promptly told the lady that he was just pulling a prank. When he used to work at the deli, he and his friend would tell customers BS pity stories. When one woman asked him how he was doing, he told her that his wife had died and he was very down. Again, he eventually told her that he had been joking.

maybe him and me should meet :cool: sounds like we have a lot in common :D

mrb

I know, right! It's probably going to die now. I'm pretty sure that birds cannot digest hash browns.

now people seagulls are scavengers , they will eat anything , and i mean anything , trust me a hash brown is no problem for a seagull ......

Sinar_Matahari

the fact that the food establishment doesn't want people to feed the seagulls is their problem not yours...its funny how when people erect signs they automatically assume the sign is going to be an authority that people will just obey mindlessly....unless its a govt. sign and a fine can be impossed, i would continue to feed the seagulls in front of her.

I think there's a reason why they put up those signs. I'm pretty sure that birds can become sick if they eat certain human foods. Then there's the problem that if patrons continue to feed seagulls, those little bastards will continue to flock to the eatery knowing that they will be fed and possibly s*hit all over everything. It's an inconvenience for the employees to have to clean up bird crap, and no one wants to eat in a place surrounded by it or a flock of squaking birds. Not to mention that it would have been rude to continue feeding the birds after she requested for him not to. This isn't about authority, it's being considerate and respectful.