Types of loneliness

Kiwong

I can relate to the cultural loneliness. The place where I work some of my colleagues are located on the far left of the green spectrum. Anyone with a conservative world view is branded a red neck and discounted as inhuman. Over the years I have felt, not green enough. Where I live some of my neighbours occupy the far right of the political and environmental world view. A view which extends to homosexuality being a sin similar to rape, and that there is no debate about whether climate change is natural o human induced it simply isn't happening

It would seem to me that those that occupy the extremes of the right and left wings are some of the least tolerant people I have ever met.

Last edited:

JuiceB

Social loneliness is pretty obvious. I can relate to intellectual loneliness as well. I always seemed so far behind everyone else.

sahxox

I think I feel 2 if I don't make an effort, but gotten to the stage where I've realised I'm not weird, I just have social phobia. So therefore it doesn't affect me like it used to.
Maybe 5's the issue... in the last year, been betrayed by 3 of the people I trusted most on separate occasions... therefore avoiding human interaction on a personal level, but at the same time part of me is dying without it.
4. I think I may suffer from this... because I have to be the best in order to feel remotely equal. And the dumb people don't appreciate good work ethic/skills, making me feel on a different level with maybe 2 other people. But they don't have SP, so yeah isolation. Maybe a pinch of one as well, still getting over those assholes.
Ahwell gotta be thankful there's no 3 or 6 in there right lol

jaim38

Very interesting. I have experienced all of them except for #6. I used to have psychological loneliness but not so much now because I realize I wasn't alone after i found people with SA, avpd, etc.

MikeyC

Social loneliness was a big one in high school. Interpersonal loneliness is not a whole lot of fun, either.

Lamb

1, 2, 4, 5 and 3 sometimes. Jeez, that puts my problems in perspective. >.< Very interesting.

Kiwong

On social loneliness, I actively reject some of the people I work with. It is my choice to be socially isolated from them.

Raichel

2 and 4 mostly. Feeling pretty lonely as of late. Though it's partly my own fault for not initiating conversation often enough.

Thanks for the link! I think it's an interesting read. I happen to be feeling quite lonely at this very moment :( For me number 4 especially is a problem, and 5. But recently 1 has been too.

Interesting. Makes sense. We tend to think of loneliness as a simple thing I think, but when you really think about it that can mean many things. Being alone mentally vs. physically. You can feel alone in a group and you can feel perfectly fine by yourself.

Quietguy11

I have Intellectual loneliness and psychological loneliness. Because I have trouble concentrating I have a harder time keeping up with the pace of the conversations between my friends, especially if they are talking about stuff that requires a lot of thought and concentration. It can be quite overwhelming for me sometimes. Also I believe I have psychological loneliness. I don't know what the cause or trauma would be, but I did experience a trauma as a child that ultimately shut me down and made me a recluse.