Totally New Ionto Expeiment -- Galvanic Stimulator

Sprawling

I noticed the discrepancy in the description regarding the adapter. I'm hoping that it comes with one since most of the other sites I viewed says it does. If not, I'll just use the adapter I have. I'll know more when it arrives Wednesday.

Yes and no to your question. I usually keep the settings basically the same but will at times lower the intensity when I change polarities. I like doing all 4 limbs at the same time for convenience sake.

Pulse current doesn't require the same intensity as with a straight DC machine. I used to use the Fischer MD-1A unit for years. I never treated just my hands or just my feet separately. I always did 1 hand, one foot at a time until i switched to doing everything at once.

Update: Machine arrived with an adapter, pads, wires, battery, instruction manual and carrying pouch.

Last edited:
Ive been using the Galvanic Stimulator for about 2 weeks now (after 6 years of using the lantern batteries) and my hands are pouring sweat still!!!!

My sweat was controlled under the lantern batteries and Im trying to figure out what Im doing wrong. I have the dial set around 4 and rate around 80, I feel the shock buy my hands are red, swollen, hot and wet. AhhH!!!!

Sprawling

Yes, it came with the power adapter.

Sprawling, thanks for the updates and further info.

Did your back-up stimulator come with an adapter? Reading the web pages, they mention a battery but no adapter. One then states later an adapter is included.

As you do multiple at once ie hands and feet. Do you have to have a low setting due to the different tolerances of body parts. I find with my Idromed that I can only do 7/8mA for hands but 20mA for feet, so do hands or feet separately.

Thanks again

Sprawling

Ive been using the Galvanic Stimulator for about 2 weeks now (after 6 years of using the lantern batteries) and my hands are pouring sweat still!!!!

My sweat was controlled under the lantern batteries and Im trying to figure out what Im doing wrong. I have the dial set around 4 and rate around 80, I feel the shock buy my hands are red, swollen, hot and wet. AhhH!!!!

It can be numerous things. I've had a period of time during my 11 years of ionto treatment where it barely worked. It didn't matter what machine (was also using the Fischer md-1a) I was using. I still have times when my hands will get wet. I moved from Salt Lake to Las Vegas recently and my treatment here works differently here and always has when I've stayed for months at a time in the past.

Obviously, you have ionto experience. Has there ever been a time when treatment stopped working in the past?

1- Stop the treatment for about 5 days
2- When you start again, go back to the lantern battery treating 1 hand 1 foot.
3- Do the other hand and foot using the galvanic
4- Do this till one side stops sweating. For me that would be about 10 days every day, 15 minutes each polarity. Basically, you'll be doing the test that I originally have done when I first tried out the galvanic.

This way we can determine if it's pulsed current that isn't working for you or ionto treatments aren't working in general. Pulsed current might not work for everyone.

What is your treatment schedule? Give me details
Are you using aluminum in your trays?
Has anything changed in your life that has added additional stress? Medications?

The only way we'll know anything is to try the above, or go back to the lantern batteries for both hands and see what happens.

So sorry this is happening to you.

AN AFTERTHOUGHT: I wonder if you lower the pulse rate to about 20-40 how that will affect treatment? I'm going to try mine tonight at 40.
or raising to 120. My guess would be to lower it. I sent you a private message.

Last edited:

Sprawling

I just bought a unit from OTC so I can vouch for them. One thing - I needed to buy it because I fried my other galvanic unit when I was doing my feet for the first time. Was watching a movie and then I must have shifted my feet and made the 2 metal pans touch. I felt a surge and then nothing - the unit was fried. So make sure to keep the pans apart.

Good luck.

I'm interested if you got your new galvanic and how treatments are going for you. I have messed up a few time connecting the aligator clips wrong and the machine shut itself down. I put in a rechargable battery and then it would work again. Then later I'd try the adapter again and everything worked. This has happened several times.

Is it possible your machine isn't fried?

bassin_guy

I'm interested if you got your new galvanic and how treatments are going for you. I have messed up a few time connecting the aligator clips wrong and the machine shut itself down. I put in a rechargable battery and then it would work again. Then later I'd try the adapter again and everything worked. This has happened several times.

Is it possible your machine isn't fried?

Thanks Sprawling - for those that didn't know Sprawling has been super helpful via direct message to me and I'm sure others. I switched from lantern batteries just like the fellow above and wondered if the galvanic was the right choice as my hands did not respond as well to the galvanic. I have been using it more regularly and it has definitely improved - but still not quite to the 100% dry that it was with the 4 6V batteries. I am using it at just above 4 and 80 Hz as well. I have found that longer treatments (30-40 minutes per polarity) have helped. I see enough improvement to keep at it - and I always have the lantern batteries as an option to fall back to if I have to. Just a lot more clips and set up time involved.

I did indeed check the old device again a few times and it does not power up.

I'll try to remember to check back in again if I reach 100% dryness again. I've also started treating my feet - no progress on that yet as I'm only a few days in.

Thanks,

It can be numerous things. I've had a period of time during my 11 years of ionto treatment where it barely worked. It didn't matter what machine (was also using the Fischer md-1a) I was using. I still have times when my hands will get wet. I moved from Salt Lake to Las Vegas recently and my treatment here works differently here and always has when I've stayed for months at a time in the past.

Obviously, you have ionto experience. Has there ever been a time when treatment stopped working in the past?

1- Stop the treatment for about 5 days
2- When you start again, go back to the lantern battery treating 1 hand 1 foot.
3- Do the other hand and foot using the galvanic
4- Do this till one side stops sweating. For me that would be about 10 days every day, 15 minutes each polarity. Basically, you'll be doing the test that I originally have done when I first tried out the galvanic.

This way we can determine if it's pulsed current that isn't working for you or ionto treatments aren't working in general. Pulsed current might not work for everyone.

What is your treatment schedule? Give me details
Are you using aluminum in your trays?
Has anything changed in your life that has added additional stress? Medications?

The only way we'll know anything is to try the above, or go back to the lantern batteries for both hands and see what happens.

So sorry this is happening to you.

AN AFTERTHOUGHT: I wonder if you lower the pulse rate to about 20-40 how that will affect treatment? I'm going to try mine tonight at 40.
or raising to 120. My guess would be to lower it. I sent you a private message.

Thanks a ton. HH works for me. Been doing it for 6+ years. I wanted to graduate to something more sophisitcated so I tried the Galvanic Stimulator. I am using aluminum based trays.

I think the change has to do with my new water softener, Im redoing treatments using hose water from outside now. Ive been doing 2 10 minute sessions a day for 2 weeks and my hands are super sweaty. Getting tired of this game to be honest and im reconsidering ETS.

The treatment has pretty much always worked for me. But my hands have been sweating for over a month now. I can line it up with when i got my water softener so i really think thats it.

Sprawling

doublesweat,

A water softner can surely screw things up.

PLEASE don't consider ETS. If you have body sweating during the warmer months can you imagine what compensatory sweating will do? Somebody posted recently that it took 8 years before it hit real hard. I'm 57. I considered it 10 years ago and quickly changed my mind. I can't imagine having to deal with sweat on top of sweat. I'm sure you are younger than I am. Somehow I survived, got married, divorced, had relationships, a child. The ionto has done miracles for me for the most part. Some days my hands just get clammy, at least not dripping. Other days are bone dry.

I say NO to ets.

Sprawling

bassin_guy,

Feet can take months to get dry. I've gotten mine dry enough to wear sandals some years. Other years not. Since I moved to Las Vegas, I doubt my feet will get dry enough with treatment. I just don't worry about it. If I did my feet more often than my hands maybe they'd be drier. The problem is compensatory sweating will kick in elsewhere.

My hands have been dripping for the past month, Sprawling. I took a break from the treatments after about a month of testing out the pulsed galvanic stimulator and have gone back to lantern batteries.

I am really hoping this gets fixed. Starting to have really negative thoughts and having trouble focusing

Sprawling

Keep me posted on the lantern batteries if they start helping you again. There was a time where ionto refused to work for my hands more than 50%. This went on for many months. Lately I've changed my pulse rate to 40 and been doing treatment every 3rd day. My hands and feet have been dryer in this god awful southern Nevada climate.

You can try ordering some Antihydral wich is stronger than Dehydral and rub this onto your hands just before treatment. This has helped me in the past.

You've bypassed your water softener. Something else must be going on in your life? Most likely something changed.

since doing 2x treatments a day with my original set up (lantern battieries and hard water) my HH is under control again.

Not sure what to do with my my Galvanic stimulator now. Maybe Ill try it again, but after almost 2 months of red, wet hands I dont want to try anything different (other than ETS)

Sprawling

It baffles me why the galvanic didn't work. In my original trial I used both the Fischer MD-1A on one hand , the Galvanic on the other and the results were the same. l guess pulsed current doesn't work for everyone? I guess I've learned something new to be referenced in this old experiment. My hands and feet are doing much better since I changed my treatment to every third day. Not sure if changing the pulse rate has any bearings on the outcome?

At least your hands are under control again. You can always resell the galvanic on here? Or experiment on one hand to see what happens since you are using outside tap water again. I've had a bunch of people purchase the Galvanic with success and I feel bad that you spent money on something that didn't work. Here it is I purchased a second one in case something happens to the one I'm using.

One of these days I'll need to sell my Fischer Md-1a unit since I have no plans of ever using it again. Direct current is a killer for me. Way too painful, yet back in the day I was able to tolerate it just fine. I even have my modified Drionic units mothballed somewhere. It's 11 years this month since my first ionto treatment.

Sprawling

Lately, I've been experiencing 95-100% dryness this 110-degree weather. Just goes to show that sometimes we need to change our maintenance treatments accordingly. Once the weather cools down which will be the end of September I'll be able to go back to once a week treatments instead of every 3rd day which is roughly twice a week. I have also been able to wear flip flops again consistently. Those of you who have sweaty feet know the sandals or flip flops are impossible to wear with sweaty feet. It feels so nice not having to wear socks to wick up the sweat.

Sprawling

Wearing 100% cotton gloves on your hands, socks on your feet, hands coated with either Dehydral or Antihydral (stronger version of Dehydral) can give you more complete coverage while doing ionto. Using Antihydral can add assistance to your treatment.

Soy Sauce

I'm sure you've mentioned it somewhere on here, but does your sweating start to come back right away if you do not keep up with your maintenance treatments? Have you tried reducing the frequency and seeing what effect it has? I've always been worried about my body adapting to the treatments and it becoming less and less effective over time. Due to my laziness, I usually do not do any maintenance treatments and only restart them after my sweating has started to return. Sometimes I put it off until it's returned 100%. Effects of treatment usually last 3-4 weeks before the sweating starts to return. For reference, I have been doing ionto treatments since 2006 or 07. Started with a drionic then switched to a hidrex unit around 2011 i think. I haven't really noticed any reduction in effectiveness in regards to my hands over this time, but lately it seems that the reduction in my feet sweating is either not 100% or it starts to return noticeably earlier than my hand sweat. I don't treat my feet at all, they just stop sweating in correlation with my hands. I know you've been doing ionto for many years so just like to find out about other peoples experiences and what they've learned in relation to their own situation.

Sprawling

I'm sure you've mentioned it somewhere on here, but does your sweating start to come back right away if you do not keep up with your maintenance treatments?...

Personally, I've tried many different scenarios relating to ionto. It sounds like your HH is very mild. Maintenance is a must for me otherwise my hands will go back to be being very wet. If I don't keep up on maintenance I would have to start from scratch meaning doing treatment everyday for 7-10 days. I can't afford to be lazy. Currently I'm doing treat every 4th -5th day.

Ionto is an individualized science to keep it working. And, there are those people where ionto just doesn't work.

Soy Sauce

I definitely wouldn't classify my hh as mild. At least not the severity of the symptoms. If left to return 100%, mine become dripping wet on both my hands and feet as if I just washed them under water and didn't dry them off. As you know, everyone has different results with iontophoresis. Maybe I'm just lucky in that it's more effective for me or some unknown variable that makes the effects last longer. It's unfortunate that the treatment is not equally effective for everyone. All we can do is share our experiences and learn from eachother.