Totally New Ionto Expeiment -- Galvanic Stimulator

Levi4324

Sprawling -- any update over the last 9 months? Still using the Galvanic Stimulator and has it continued to be effective? Thanks!

Sprawling

I've been using it for years now and my Fischer device has been mothballed. I still get wonderful results. About a year ago I purchased a backup of the same device for $140. That's just in case it breaks. All I can say it's great doing ionto treatments without pain.

Levi4324

Thanks! I've been doing the 12V lantern battery thing but am seriously considering purchasing the device you've been recommending after reading through all this thread. Glad to hear the results are still wonderful and thanks also for sticking around here for so long so that we can hear about the results over time!

Sprawling

Thanks! I've been doing the 12V lantern battery thing but am seriously considering purchasing the device you've been recommending after reading through all this thread. Glad to hear the results are still wonderful and thanks also for sticking around here for so long so that we can hear about the results over time!

You are welcome:thumbup:

Levi4324

Sprawling, in earlier posts you mentioned:

"2- set the dial wheel between 3.5-4 or whatever feels comfortable. "

Any idea what voltage and mA this results in? Just curious for comparison.

Sprawling

I have no idea. I'm sure it can be measured using a voltmeter. I basically set the dial by feel. If the current is to strong I dial it back, not strong enough I move it up. Some days I use more voltage than others. The key is to be as comfortable as possible. I just like to feel a slight tingle so I know that it's working. I also do both hands and both feet at the same time. This saves me time. The actual treatment time is 1/2 hour. with setting up, putting stuff away, getting everything situated it's about an hour process.

Sprawling

I tried this machine and unfortunately it did not do the job for me. For my hands I have found DC current at 12-18 volts to be the most effective. I will be experimenting with this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019RKVMKU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sorry that the galvanic didn't work for you. I hope what you found on Amazon works. Hopefully you'll build a box for it.

Keep us posted on how it works for you. The price surely is right.

dezza

I posted several years ago when I started trying this out, nice to see the thread is still going.

It worked well for a couple of years for me until the galvanic simulator stopped working, at which point I started to question the effect of it as my hands and feet were no longer keeping dry. I then came into possession of a German made iontophoresis machine and after using it for around a year now, and it would appear that iontophoresis no longer works for me regardless if it's a specifically made ionto machine or a home made one.

I'd say that the galvanic simulator is every bit as good as a proper machine once it's set up and you've gotten used to it, and the effect is comparable. Certainly saves a lot of money compared to buying an ionto machine.

Sprawling

Thanks for the follow up dezza. It's a shame that ionto stopped working for you. My ionto issue stem from my body that is battling Chronic fatigue/ME type condition along with the location where I live. I go through days and /or weeks with soaked hands and feet and then magically days where they are pretty much bone dry.

I'm still using my galvanic religiously since I purchased it at the beginning of this thread. Many people on here contacted me over the years who purchased the same unit I have. Some were successful with treatment, some weren't. I do my best to help others by answering questions when I can. Ionto success has no magic formula, only statistical data of things to try and luck that it works.

One thing I can say with certainty is that just because a machine is expensive and comes with a named brand doesn't mean it's going to work any better than an AC to DC converter or batteries, or a laptop power supply. Sometimes ionto just doesn't work for people... unless it does.

dezza

Hi Sprawling, great to see you're still active on here.

Iontophoresis is highly variable from person to person and even over time - it's not a cure and can't be guaranteed as a long term relief treatment either - I intend to start over again in a few weeks and see if that helps. The only thing that did help when I had it done at the hospital was the glyco solution in ionto, but unfortunately still can't be prescribed for home use.

The galvanic simulator idea certainly works as well as the dedicated machines, and would much rather have shorter-term success from it and the low cost of getting one than paying 5x+ the price for a branded machine with the same results.

Sprawling

Thanks dezza.
The Galvanic Stimulator (pulsed current) is still working. I checked pricing and it still can be had for $140. It just might take some searching.
My problem is still my location. I spent 4 months in Salt Lake City and ionto kept my hands dry 95-100%. I'm back now in Las Vegas where ionto isn't working as well despite either using Salt lake water, Las Vegas water or rain water. Granted I'm only here a little over 2 weeks so I'm not totally sure yet. I have done 12 treatments since being here compared to one treatment a week in Salt lake. I'm currently using a mixture of all 3 water's.

I have noticed that I have been super stressed being here in Vegas and the stress level seems to be overriding the ionto treatments. Over the past several days my stress level has come down and ionto has been at 95% working level. Today being Monday 11/26/18, my stress is a little higher than it should be and I'm producing the sensation of moisture and sometimes a little thereof. Keep in my mind that my body by default is in flight and fight mode (as most of us with HH most likely are).

PHENIBUT does wonders controlling the fight and flight response and can be purchased rather cheaply through Liftmode.com. It's like a benzodiazepine, but it's not. It amazingly relaxes the body. Lately I've been using this every other day. I have lots of experience with PHENIBUT since I've been using it on and off for over 5+ years. When I was taking clonazepam, that worked for keeping me relaxed, thus keeping my hands dry.

I do not recommend PHENIBUT to anyone who has an addictive personality and is prone to misusing or abusing medications.

When you research it you will read many horror stories as you would with anything. Keep in mind that it's not always the case as it also helps many people including myself and many of my friends with whom I introduced it too.

Sprawling

We finally got some rain here in the desert, so I added it to my mixture once again. So far, so good. My filtered RAIN WATER mixture seems to be helping my treatment once again. Since I collect the rain dripping from the roof, it tends to be dirty.

Sprawling

We'll, it's been almost 8 years since I purchased my original Galvanic stimulator. It finally died. Apparently there are 2 round things with copper coils around each one. Roughly 3 years ago one broke off inside, yet didn't affect the unit. The other day the other one broke off. I believe I might be able to solder the 2 wire leads that extend from the coil back to the board.

The really good news is that I was smart and purchased a backup unit for the same price as the original a couple of years ago. Now I'm back in business. My 7 year cost is now at $300. If this one lasts at least that long I'll be ok. Considering the fact that I might live another 10 years and that's highly unlikely. I still really think it was worth the investment switching to pulsed current. I've been doing ionto since June of 2005.

I did discover as I suspected that major body stress overrides the ionto. I was able to confirm this by figuring out a dosage of PHENIBUT on a daily basis that would suppress my central nervous system making ionto work efficiently. HH is a sympathetic nervous system disorder. You see, since the age of 6 my body has been in fight and flight. That's 53 years ago. I've reached the point where my body is no longer recovering. It's totally worn out. Each time my body goes into overdrive, which is almost daily, I have extreme pain. It's getting worse week by week. This mean blood pressure continues to rise, along with other damage. Doctors have no clue as to what or how much damage the flight and flight response causes, nor will they listen. It's maddening. Nobody will even make the HH connection to all of this. Standard blood tests say that I'm normal, yet I'm at the point where I can't do anything. I'm mostly laying in bed except when I need to go to doctor appointments, get food etc.

A friend of mine who has a rare autoimmune disorder lent me a copy of this book written by her doctor; Dr. Michael Jacobs MD PHD Internal Medicine. "Demystifying Medicine" 2010.

Bingo! Dr Jacobs described everything so perfectly, and verified that of which I figured out. The catch is, no mention of HH because he probably was not aware of it. He practices here in Las Vegas. I'll need to see if he takes my insurance. The downside of all of this is there really isn't a cure (for HH or anything to do with a defective nervous system not being caused by a particular organ modality) and since my body is so worn out both inside and out... it just doesn't matter anymore. Quality of my life has gone to sh*t. The war on opioids or anything scheduled is basically a war on chronic pain patients. Nobody cares if you suffer, and many will be committing suicide. Statistically, it's very misleading and it's not the pain patients causing the epidemic. Besides, the war on opioids sounds good politically, yet is really not based on facts. If you do your research, you'll understand it all a little better.

My advice is don't get sick, no car wrecks or accidents of any kind. Avoid surgeries etc. I know... useless advice. Hopefully you all live healthfully and shead your anxiety issues. HH is a piece of cake in comparison to major chronic pain says the man who has experienced all of it.

Back to HH. The key is to suppress your central nervous system. The downside with that is well... possible death. Please, don't take anything illegally, that's not the answer. Herbal can possibly help. Everything depends on your particular body. The stress we get from HH can do more damage to our bodies than research dictates. Always consult your doctor even if they are useless. When I first started my hand treatment back in 2005 I was amazed at how my body became calm and how differently my body handled stress. Only to a certain point though. My body only new flight and fight for all the years prior and still relied upon it years after. Now, to no fault of my own I'm paying the price.

If anyone feels they have personal questions that they don't want to share here, feel free to private message me and I'll do my best to answer as promptly as possible.

Thanks to all of you reading this. I will continue to update as I come across more revelations or personal discoveries.

Sprawling

I discovered something while trying to figure out ways to lower my cortisol level and overall mental stress. I'm using a very regimented small dose of Phenibut, Ashwagandha, and (Gabapentin: which is a prescription medication) trying to trick my mind into being calm. so far so good. Along with my weekly Ionto treatments my hands are staying remarkable dry. I recently collected over 30 gallons of rainwater in which I cut in 1/2 by using tap water. I reuse this combined mixture for about 6 times within a month, filtering after each use.

Rain water is hard to come by in this desert town. Even though the tap water here is very hard, it just doesn't work on my hands. Any fresh rain water I don't use I save for following year. This past rain was simply amazing. I was able to empty out previous years stockpile and replace it with the current.

My body on the other hand still gets overly stressed while my mind remains calm. It's really weird. As long as my mind is stable, so does the hand and feet sweating (while maintaining my weekly ionto treatments of course). At least that's my current working theory for my dryness. Time will tell. Just thought I'd share this tidbit.

Sprawling

Here we are approaching the end of February and the Ashwagandha, Phenibut and recently added Rhodiola Rosea powder keeps working to keep my mind calmer which somehow keeps my hands and feet dryer. Yesterday I had a small procedure done and I was relatively calm till I almost jumped out of the chair, which of course is not normal for most people. I'm just very hypersensitive. The doc and assistant looked at me as if I was nuts. The point is, is that my hands momentarily went to about 80% dry and then snapped back to 100% dry very quickly. The rest of my body was in shambles for the next 20 minutes or so and I felt drunk. Drunk and wobbly with dry hands. My body in general felt like crap thereafter, dry hands remaining.

Either today or tomorrow I'm going to do my treatment with 100% filtered rain water. My maintenance schedule is now at 1x every 7-8 days. That's 4-5 uses of recycled filtered rain water totaling 1 gallon a month usage. I do keep an extra quart handy to replace some of the water that gets lost during spillage, cleanup etc. If it makes my hands too dry I'll mix the water with 50% tap, 50% rain.

It's cool to see that keeping my body's cortisol levels and stress releasing mechanisms in more of a suppression mode helps keep the hands/feet from sweating. If this keeps up I'll be able to wear sandals without slipping and sliding in wet leather or rubber flip flops.

With luck I'll survive the dry extreme desert heat starting in May.

SweatParty

Sprawling, I'm sorry to read about your troubles. You have spent so much time on this board helping others. Bless you for that! I hope you can find pain and stress relief, and have a good, dry year!

I have achieved very dry hands and feet using ionto (Hidrex machine) in recent months. I never thought this would be possible. In retrospect, I wish I had tried this type of treatment a long time ago! Drysol never did anything for me. Glyco helped sometimes, but rarely in hot weather, and had side effects.

Sprawling

Thanks SweatParty,
I'm always happy to hear from another happy Ionto person. Keep up the good work with your Hidrex.

My hands have been dry for the most part. My body issues have gotten so severe I haven't had the physical strength to hold my neck up. I landed in the hospital for a couple of days due to severe muscle tightening and spasms in my neck arms and back.
One neurologist says I might have "Stiff Person Syndrome." Of course it will take months to diagnose since the doctors here are so backed up. I thought I've experienced pain before, now it's at a whole new level. Sweaty hands is a piece of cake compared to this sh*t. This how life rewards me since reaching 60. Old and decrepit.

I'm really going to try and get that ionto treatment done. Either that or go back to having constantly sweaty hands. I believe it's been 14 days, which might be my record for the longest time between treatments in years. I have never missed a treatment since I started ionto back in June of 2005.

Sprawling

I might consider trying these conductive gloves for my ionto treatment instead of using water. This way I can lay down and not have to worry about keeping my head up. The gloves, some gel, who knows? Or maybe I'll just get some cheap cotton gloves and rub the gel throughout? Ineed to try something.

Pair of Silver Conductive Massage Gloves With Adapter Lead wires For Tens/Ems Machine

https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Condu...1&refRID=FTZ2B2PJ42B78VVEK9V7#customerReviews