Totally New Ionto Expeiment -- Galvanic Stimulator

Sprawling

Totally New Ionto Experiment using a Galvanic Stimulator

I've decided to purchase the "Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator w/ Battery and AC Adapter" from Amazon to see if it can be used as an iontopheresis device.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-G-Digit...ef=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1324106606&sr=1-1

This is a Direct Current Galvanic unit that works with pulsing DC current. It arrived today (Friday 12/16) and I immediately tried it out on my right hand. Within a day or so I'll substitute the Fischer MD-1A unit I'm currently using with this new Galvanic device. The experiment will be on my left hand as part of my regular 8-10 day maintenance cycle which is do for treatment.

I'm using my existing trays with a total water usage of about 1/2 gallon. The unit has an AC adapter plug so I do not have to use the included 9 volt battery. I was able to feel the pulsing current going through my hand, yet not in my foot. It definitely has a different feel than my Fischer MD-1A and I did not reach anywhere near the maximum current available.

My treatment consists of one hand, one foot for a total of 1/2 hour per side. When I switched the polarity of negative and positive after 15 minutes it still felt exactly the same on my hand and foot. I'm able to control the rate of digital pulse and amount of current via a numbered knob that you turn.

I guess I'll see if this Galvanic unit can be a working ionto alternative unit. My regular machine is the Fischer MD-1A that I purchased used on Ebay over 6 years ago. My purpose is truly to see if treatment can be done more affordable for those who don't have hundreds of dollars to dish out. This machine cost $140 shipped, another $10 for the trays I purchased from Target. I also used 2 female banana plugs that I had from previous trays. This galvanic unit seems to provide the more needed current than the DRIONIC unit that I modified to use a 9 volt rechargeable battery and 2 external trays.

I'll know more within a week or two if it's working by comparing my left hand to my right. If my left hand stays dry within a two week span I'll know that this Galvanic Unit is a keeper. I'll keep you all posted.

Last edited:

hyp-hi

Interesting. How did you find this device or decide to get it, or is it just an experiment? Let us know how it works compared to the Fischer. If there is a more affordable solution, this could be good news.

Sprawling

It's something I just needed to do. Technically it's direct current that works on stopping that sweating. I also noticed that as I used my Fischer I had had less Fibromyalgia pain. TENS units provide AC current and as far is I know Galvanic units use just DC current. Maybe someone can answer the technical questions of how all this works.

I started treatment on my left hand today. I plan to do the same 1/2 hour treatment in either every 3rd day for a total of 3 treatments and see if it holds back the sweating.

Today I was able to feel the current pulsing through both my hand and foot, yet it still wasn't as painful as it sometimes can be with the Fischer unit. It's just a totally different kind of feeling.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed that this will work. If not I'll use it to focus on Fibromyalgia pain.

Sprawling

So far, so good. I'm having trouble with ionto in general. Been using the Fischer unit on my rt hand and the Galvanic unit on my Left. So far the sweating is exactly the same. I'll keep you all informed.

Sprawling

It's been 8-9 days since last using the Fischer unit on my left hand. I've used the new GALVANIC unit twice during that time just on my left hand. I've continued use the Fischer on my right hand so I can compare the 2 units and the effectiveness of each.

I've been having problems with ionto for the past month or so not achieving 90- 100% hand dryness and I think it's a combination of health related, and other anomalies. Instead I'm getting anywhere from 50-85% dryness. It's so hard to put a percentage on this.

I went to a x-mas party Sunday that had lots of people, hand shaking and all the other stuff that make us sweat. BOTH hands were 100% dry. I was even able to feel the dampness on other peoples hand. I guess I had a lucky day... I can have months of lucky days... or not.

This means the GALVANIC unit appears to be working. But I will not give it the OK till I go back to my primary home state and test it there for a month. If it still works when I go back in mid January thru mid February, I then will give my stamp of approval. I always have better results in my primary home state.

In 6 years of doing ionto treatments, the past 2 years have presented some interesting challenges with treatment. Body chemistry, complete life changes, climate, location, even altitude (not attitude) might play a role in all of this. It appears to be not just water quality and yet sometimes it is all about the water. I used to think I had the solutions for ionto problems and now I see that it can be so variable and what works for you this year, might not work next year or next month.

My advice is be aware that you may have to adapt and change your treatment patterns sporadically. Warm months for me require more maintenance treatments or fewer days of not having to do treatments.

Adapt and change. For some people, ionto may just not work. Who knows why? But still, it might work next year.

Sprawling

As of today, both units, the Fischer MD-1a and the Galvanic Unit are yielding the exact same results. Ionto, after 6 years of use has been working less and less for me over the past 8 weeks or so. Very, very, very weird.

ysh

Thanks for doing this evaluation and for reporting back the results! Keep it up! I was a bit skeptical when I first read about your trial as there is no water to evenly distribute the water over the area you want to treat. Looks promising so far though.

Uncharted

So it worked? Does it make sense to buy it for HH? Can DC current be provided?
Maybe your palms skin become thicker try to use some moisturising creme. Have you tried to add baking soda?

Last edited:

Jezza

Sprawling,

I think it's just doing too little maintanance treatments. I have encountered the same problem with the effectiveness seemingly dropping but it's just when I skip a few treatments. I really have to do one every other day with my Idromed 4 GS to have like 90% dry hands. If I do one every day it's even dryer, like you say maybe even dryer than most 'normal' people's hands. If I skip a couple of days, my fingertips and some of the creases in my hand start to sweat again...it's uncomfortable right away, cause though the most part of my hands is still dry it feels a lot sweatier than that cause of the fingertips sweating.

Then after skipping a few days, it becomes a mind thing somewhat, you start to do more treatments again, but it takes a while to get back to the right level, so in anticipation you start to question if it still works or not. For me the start up period was 3 weeks of treatment every day before my hands were completely dry (at that time for the first time in probably a decade). Because it took so long while the manual says 10 days should be enough I had initially quit the treatment before thinking it didn't work (I ultimately gave it one more pretty much desperate attempt after I had the machine gathering dust for quite a while). Anyway, I find that when you let the treatments slide you kinda have to do another 'build up' to get it back again.

I know it's different for everyone, but I'm kinda amazed you need as little maintenance treatments as you do since I need to do a lot more than that...I'm doing 15 min feet + hands - than 15 min reversed both at 15mA usually 4 times a week (that's the aim). In fact I could probably turn up the mA for feet on plus a little, since I only do as much water in the neg for hands at that time to make contact (so it's less pain and while the neg hurts more, the pos does he work anyway). Then when I switch polarity I fill the tray up to just cover my hands on the plus. I use a plastic storage box to cover my feet in the water. You do anything different (even aside from this galvanic experiment you're now doing)?

hyp-hi

The effects of using ionto had been wearing off for me and then I was sick and didn't use it for 5 days. Now my hands have been sweating badly like before. I'm hoping I can get them back to being manageable by increasing the ionto treatments.

Sprawling

Jezza, My treatment program has been refined time and time again over 6 years. There has never been a time where I have stopped ionto treatment out of laziness or lack of time. I've been very religious and regimented and actually have kept a treatment log book that goes back over 6 years go.

I guess I'm lucky when it does work that I can get away with up to 10-11 days without maintenance. That being said, I do prefer to keep maintenance treatments at a 7-9 day intervals and it's always adjusted accordingly to the seasons.

My experiment using the galvanic unit and the Fischer unit are still yielding the same results. I've been doing treatment for the past 6 days using Certain Dry and Dry Idea added into the water. I've noticed some improvement on both hands, yet not the kind of improvement I've been accustomed too.

Sprawling

As my treatment using both machines progresses, I'm noticing that the Fischer unit is achieving slightly better results over the Galvanic unit. Each are working way better since adding CERTAIN DRY and DRY IDEA to the water mixture. The Pulsed Galvanic unit is still way more comfortable to use, it just may take a day or 2 to even out with the Fischer unit. Most studies indicate that using Direct Current (DC) over Pulsed Direct Current will work faster. Everything comes with a trade off.

If you are new to ionto and have the choice of spending $150 for this Galvanic pulsed Unit, or a Pulsed Hydrex or Idromed for over $900, as of now I'd choose the one for $150-.

If money is NOT an object, I'd go with a machine that gives you a choice of using pulsed or non-pulsed in the same machine. The Fischer unit is non-pulsed and since I've been using it for so many years, you kind of get used to the pain and the effectiveness of the treatment.

Sprawling

I arrived in my home state Friday and have been doing my treatments with strictly the local tap water that has always worked in the past.

I decided to use the galvanic unit on both hands and see what happens. Today will be treatment #4. Both hands are achieving dryness, the left hand 10-15% less than the right. I did one treatment using the Fischer unit on the left hand. I'd like to get both hands to have an equal dryness.

Both hands are experiencing FINGERTIP sweating, which is quite normal for when ionto starts to work. It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get the fingertips under control.

I'll be in town for about 4 weeks. We'll see if the Galvanic Unit maintains keeping my hands dry. Like I stated before, the Direct Current on the Fischer seems to work a little faster than the Pulsed Direct Current on the Galvanic Unit. The Pulsed Direct Current unit is still way more comfortable to use.

My experimentation is not being done in a true scientific manner. The object is to see if dryness can be achieved with a less expensive unit.

Sprawling

Looks like the GALVANIC STIMULATOR I got for $140 on Amazon is no longer being sold by the company I got it from. Here's the new link for the GS on Amazon. I'm sure it can be located cheaper online somewhere. Who knows, the company I got it from might start selling it again.

Amazon.com: Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator

Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator w/ Battery and AC Adapter

Sprawling

Interesting that my hands have been 90-95% dry for the past week and a half. I have been using tap water and DRY IDEA mixed in. I'm on my 8th day with no treatment. Next week I'll be leaving my home state for 3 months. Even though I'll be bringing my local tap water, good chance again that treatments will fail. Maybe I'll be lucky. I'm enjoying this brief period of dry hands and it feels good.

Sprawling

Update 3/20/12:
I was able to achieve dryness once I moved back to my home state. Once again I have left bringing with me a fresh batch of water. It's been a little over 4 weeks since being back in the state 7 hours away and this time my treatments are working. I've been mixing DRY IDEA with my water, and splitting up my maintenance treatments between the galvanic unit and the Fischer unit.

I'm convinced that my body is just going to do what it's going to do. I have no idea why the ionto is working again and why it stopped working before. I'm just happy it's working.

I'm using strictly positive polarity on my hands, negative on my feet and if my hands are dry, so are my feet. In the past, I needed to reverse the polarity in order for my feet to become dry. This just tlls me that my body has a mind of its own and gets deeply confused and likes to play tricks on me.

Soy Sauce

Thanks for keeping this log. Interesting to see other people's experiences with iontophoresis and the different variables that effect their results. I think I'm going start my own thread/log too. Hopefully it will help others.

dezza

Update 3/20/12:
I was able to achieve dryness once I moved back to my home state. Once again I have left bringing with me a fresh batch of water. It's been a little over 4 weeks since being back in the state 7 hours away and this time my treatments are working. I've been mixing DRY IDEA with my water, and splitting up my maintenance treatments between the galvanic unit and the Fischer unit.

I'm convinced that my body is just going to do what it's going to do. I have no idea why the ionto is working again and why it stopped working before. I'm just happy it's working.

I'm using strictly positive polarity on my hands, negative on my feet and if my hands are dry, so are my feet. In the past, I needed to reverse the polarity in order for my feet to become dry. This just tlls me that my body has a mind of its own and gets deeply confused and likes to play tricks on me.

Sorry to dig up an old thread - but I was wondering if the Galvanic machine is still working for you? I've been looking into getting a pulsed machine and this seems like a much cheaper option, even better if it does the same job.

Sprawling

Dezza,

The Galvanic Stimulator is still working well. I've using this machine exclusively for over a year now. Prior I was using the Fischer MD-1A unit. I must say that there is nothing that compares to the comfort of using a pulsed unit. Like I've said before, there is no need or benefit of spending the obsurd amounts of money that the popular machines charge. I find that this machine works better and has more current to work even with soft water.

dezza

Hi Sprawling,

Just to check, was it just necessary for you to purchase the trays and some clips to use the galvanic machine for your hands and feet? Is that all you need to buy or is there anything else too?

Thanks